Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Sabreliner released for P3D

Well I bought it and have done a small flight yesterday.

My findings are in the same line as Nick Silver posted earlier.

There are some bug killer to apply in this first iteration of the Sabreliner.
I have found that some buttons logic needs addressing.

The manual that comes with the airplane is very light on systems explanation. Since this is a somewhat ancient complex jet aircraft and different of modern aircraft operating logic I would recommend Aeroplane Heaven to, at least, make some YouTube videos explaining and teaching us how to operate this aircraft.

Do not know anything about flying by the numbers because did not investigate anything about it.

Other thoughts are more positive:

• The looks, both interior and exterior, well designed and look great.

• Hand flying appears to be firm, smooth and easy to trim.

• Because it is a somewhat ancient jet aircraft, its autopilot is different to what we encounter in aircraft that are more modern. I think this adds realism and immersion but we will need to employ more time learning the ropes.

• They have implemented an easier and more modern autopilot system as well but you have to choose between the autopilot or the GTN 750 because they occupy the same spot in the panel.

• The GTN 750 system implemented is the Flight1 one. There is no popup spot on it but you can popup it by selecting shift key + 2 or so, don’t remember the key.
    If you want the RXP one you have to utilize the RXP tool.

The current Sabreliner iteration need some revision and Aeroplane Heaven will need to spend some time in it. It almost there but needs some logic revision.
 If they do it, Sabreliner could became in pair to the few good available bizjets for P3D.

In the end, I think it worth buying it.

• Like 1

Nuno Braga

On 3/7/2021 at 5:29 PM, dbw1 said:

I still enjoy the JF HS748 from time to time. Brings back good memories.....and others. Twice had hydrolic issues......once ILS to minimums, stopped it on the runway before the accumulator was empty, bussed the passengers to the terminal, got towed in. Good learning experience.

Ah proper flying, there’s not much of that left. Not many proper captains like you described either , the industry is full of kids following pink string!

Thats the beauty of this hobby , we still get to fly interesting things with real instruments..though maybe not the sabreliner just yet, the limited reviews we have seem mixed so far.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

26 minutes ago, bragametro said:

current Sabreliner iteration need some revision and Aeroplane Heaven will need to spend some time in it. It almost there but needs some logic revision.
 If they do it, Sabreliner could became in pair to the few good available bizjets for P3D.

In the end, I think it worth buying it.

Thank you for taking the time to post your findings.

I see the sabreliner is now available at just flight, which is tempting me a bit more now.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Dang, I’m still tempted but I guess I’ll hold off for a while until some of the updates.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

On 3/7/2021 at 11:31 AM, Christopher Low said:

One of the features of turboprop planes in P3D/FSX that annoys me the most is the way that the start up procedure goes from "propellor just starting to turn" to "full speed" in seconds. I have just watched a YouTube clip of the start up of one of those Rolls Royce Darts on a HS748, and there are several different visual stages (and a couple of minutes) before they are spinning so fast that it looks anything like a circle. The same problem can also be seen during engine shutdown. I really wish that addon developers would spend a little more time on this, as it can be an immersion breaker right off the bat if you are observing the plane from an external viewpoint.

To watch a great start up of propeller movement check out the XP11 Ver 1.61 of the  Les Saab 340a - it is done very well.

Thanks very much for the review Nick. Some off the model seems OK and then other parts don't.
I wonder if the website panel instrument images were from the modelling program and not the sim rendered.

Might pass for now.

Edited by cowpatz

Cheers

Steve Hall

Thank you for the video review.

As I had problems putting my wallet back in my pocket I upgraded my xtreme prototypes lear 25 to version 3 instead.

787 captain.  

Yeah it reeks of phoning it in to clear their slate of non msfs projects. Does it work? Sure. Is it up to the “standard” I would expect from a jet add on for P3D in 2021? No. Luckily it is fairly “inexpensive” depending on how you look at it but it certainly won’t get much flight time on the Hobbs from me going forward when we have much better biz jet renditions to fly.

• Upvote 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor