Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Albuquerque with ORBX in P3D V5

You might search for *kabq*.bgl in main sceney/world/scenery folder to see if something got dumped there.   Also a long shot but *kirk*.bgl (i have seen that sometimes as the military designation for KAFB).  

• Like 1

Joe Lorenc

Try running Orbx Central, select the NAmerical openLC landclass product and select verify files.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Have the same setup as you but use the SimWest Albuquerque, freeware and everything is fine.

• Like 1

I'm doing all your steps above and remembered I have installed FSGLOBAL Mesh with my V4 before, but I uninstalled and removed it completely along with V4. Can it somehow have some files into this V5?

Going to my Programs and Feature in Window 10 I found Prepar3D V5 Scenery is separated from the installer, can I uninstall/install only this part of the simulator? Does it affect anything to my addons?

Edited by Hoang

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

9 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

I don't have that first purple entry. This looks to me as if it was from the Prepar3D v4 version of Vector where elevations were fixed with the configuration tool. Maybe a hint, that old elevation data is still in your installation. 

Thank you! I already disabled all ORBX addons into my simulator and the problem still there, so I believed it's not ORBX related.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

7 hours ago, Joe L said:

You might search for *kabq*.bgl in main sceney/world/scenery folder to see if something got dumped there.   Also a long shot but *kirk*.bgl (i have seen that sometimes as the military designation for KAFB).  

5 hours ago, downscc said:

Try running Orbx Central, select the NAmerical openLC landclass product and select verify files.

Thank you, I tried but it seems the source of the problem is from somewhere else.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

You need to install either the Free Mesh, the Pilot's or FSGenesis for the area. It is a mesh issue and nothing to do with Vector or anything else.

• Like 2

Sorry if it was asked and done already, but did you try removing and reinstalling the full Prepar3D scenery package?

Hans

4 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

Sorry if it was asked and done already, but did you try removing and reinstalling the full Prepar3D scenery package?

I will do it now, I don't know if it is going to do any harm to my addons but I'm out of ideas. Will report the result later.

6 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

You need to install either the Free Mesh, the Pilot's or FSGenesis for the area. It is a mesh issue and nothing to do with Vector or anything else.

Yeah...but I've never installed any of that into my V5, onlly Pilot's for my V4 but I removed that with V4 very very long ago.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

I can confirm uninstall P3D scenery and reinstall it alone solve the problem. Now I need to test if it affects my addon scenery.

Thank you for all your help. Very weird really.

Hoang Le

P3D v5