Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Albuquerque with ORBX in P3D V5

Default scenery with ORBX Global + Vector + openLC NA in P3D V5. Anyone has this problem?

2021-3-5-10-52-30-728.png
2021-3-5-10-52-34-140.png
2021-3-5-10-52-49-153.png
2021-3-5-10-53-16-352.png
2021-3-5-10-54-1-14.png
2021-3-5-10-54-7-355.png

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I don't have any issues and have same scenery as you, what mesh are you using?

1 hour ago, ideoplastic said:

I don't have any issues and have same scenery as you, what mesh are you using?

Hi, I'm not using any mesh, just the default one with the addons I mentioned above.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

I have a very similar setup – P3D V5, Orbx Global, openLC NA – and I'm using TropicalSim ABQ, with everything looking normal.

That leads me to suspect that Vector is the culprit here. Maybe you can deactivate the area there somehow?

Edited by thepilot
  • Like 1

Vector for P3D v5 does nothing to airport elevations.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hoang said:

Default scenery with ORBX Global + Vector + openLC NA in P3D V5. Anyone has this problem?

When did this problem first show? Have you added any other software recently which might affect scenery, even in a different location.

Did you notice any problems before installing any of the Orbx products?  Which release of P3D5 are you using?  Is everything updated.

You obviously have something corrupting your setup in that area, but have you checked other locations?

Suggest you try uninstalling the Orbx addons one by one, starting with Vector, and check after each one. 

If problem still there with basic P3D scenery, then uninstall  and reinstall the P3D scenery folder. 

• Like 1

John B

I don't know if it would solve this issue, but, you may look at the freeware addon for metro Albuquerque area (works with the TS KABQ for me).  Google SimWest Albuquerque, freeware but you have to "purchase" at no cost from FlightSim store.  The boundaries with default/ORBX area are quite noticeable, but, for me it is worth it.

• Like 1

Joe Lorenc

Looking ok here with the same addons. Maybe an issue with mesh?

ycNlY3N.jpg

VpbmAY9.jpg

• Like 1

Hans

Definitely looks like a mesh problem to me, too, and I don't think any of those ORBX offerings affect mesh, but I could be mistaken.  I don't have those issues at ABQ running a nearly identical stack + TS ABQ, but even before TS released their ABQ scenery, I flew out of there quite often as that's my hometown.  Never saw those issues.  Agree with @Biggles2010, try removing the ORBX stuff and see if it still happens, but I would suspect an issue with the underlying P3D default mesh, if you haven't added something like FreeMeshX at any point.

• Like 1

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

6 hours ago, thepilot said:

I have a very similar setup – P3D V5, Orbx Global, openLC NA – and I'm using TropicalSim ABQ, with everything looking normal.

That leads me to suspect that Vector is the culprit here. Maybe you can deactivate the area there somehow?

Vector for P3D V5 does not have AEC anymore so I'm not sure how to deactivate only this area. However since no others have the problem, it should be something wrong on my side.

5 hours ago, Biggles2010 said:

When did this problem first show? Have you added any other software recently which might affect scenery, even in a different location.

Did you notice any problems before installing any of the Orbx products?  Which release of P3D5 are you using?  Is everything updated.

You obviously have something corrupting your setup in that area, but have you checked other locations?

Suggest you try uninstalling the Orbx addons one by one, starting with Vector, and check after each one. 

If problem still there with basic P3D scenery, then uninstall  and reinstall the P3D scenery folder. 

4 hours ago, Joe L said:

I don't know if it would solve this issue, but, you may look at the freeware addon for metro Albuquerque area (works with the TS KABQ for me).  Google SimWest Albuquerque, freeware but you have to "purchase" at no cost from FlightSim store.  The boundaries with default/ORBX area are quite noticeable, but, for me it is worth it.

I accidentally notice this only after I install scenery for Albuquerque (which includes Simwest). I deactivated and removed all of them, now only runs default and it still occur.

4 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

Looking ok here with the same addons. Maybe an issue with mesh?

I've never installed any mesh addons for my V5 setup so I'm looking where that mesh coming from.

3 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

No issue here.

Thank you so 100% sure it's on my side.

2 hours ago, cmorg said:

Definitely looks like a mesh problem to me, too, and I don't think any of those ORBX offerings affect mesh, but I could be mistaken.  I don't have those issues at ABQ running a nearly identical stack + TS ABQ, but even before TS released their ABQ scenery, I flew out of there quite often as that's my hometown.  Never saw those issues.  Agree with @Biggles2010, try removing the ORBX stuff and see if it still happens, but I would suspect an issue with the underlying P3D default mesh, if you haven't added something like FreeMeshX at any point.

Thank you, no I've never installed any mesh addons. I will try to disable ORBX now

1 hour ago, newtie said:

ORBX Central > Help > Sync library

Thanks, I tried but it didn't solve it.

UPDATE 1: I disabled all my scenery addons. The problem still there. Scenery.cfg is fresh new without any additional entry. 

Edited by Hoang

Hoang Le

P3D v5

I know I harp far too often about this, but check your ORBX Library insertion points and ensure that your FTX airports and regions is set to below your BOTTOM MOST addon scenery. Again, it's not in Lorby's, or your Scenery library, this from ORBX Central under settings and insertion point.

That being said default KABQ in the sim has always been a mess. The Tropicalsim KABQ addon fixes it all up though, they did a great job on it.

• Like 3

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

11 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

I know I harp far too often about this, but check your ORBX Library insertion points and ensure that your FTX airports and regions is set to below your BOTTOM MOST addon scenery. Again, it's not in Lorby's, or your Scenery library, this from ORBX Central under settings and insertion point.

That being said default KABQ in the sim has always been a mess. The Tropicalsim KABQ addon fixes it all up though, they did a great job on it.

Thank you, yes the settings in ORBX Central was kept default and it is bottom after the 1st addon scenery. However I already disabled all addons including ORBX and the problem still there. I'd be amazed if this problem is from ORBX..

Anyway, one of my ORBX entry has purple color which is incorrect path, however I double check and it is correct? Anybody using ORBX can confirm this for me?

Screenshot-2021-03-06-005529.jpg

And this default 0907 one is in light purple, I went there and the bgl was renamed .bg_ . 

Screenshot-2021-03-06-010000.jpg

Edited by Hoang

Hoang Le

P3D v5

I don't have that first purple entry. This looks to me as if it was from the Prepar3D v4 version of Vector where elevations were fixed with the configuration tool. Maybe a hint, that old elevation data is still in your installation. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hans