Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

FBW A320 Latest Dev Revision

I updated this afternoon to the latest dev mod with the custom FBW and started getting the turning off course when engaging the AP.  The FD went all the way left and the plane started a steep right bank.  I disengaged the AP and reengaged it and tried to go direct to the next fix on the route but that didn't fix it.  Anyone else seeing this?

Also, should the EFB pushback be working?  Every time i have tried nothing happens. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I have had this a couple of times, i usually update it daily (Dev version) first thing in the morning GMT. I also keep the last proven working version in case i have issues with the latest D/L

I don't know what causes it, maybe they are working on it at the time, but if i get the issue i have i usually revert to the previous one ( I kept) and then look for an update later in the day.

I had the same as you twice in the past week, downloaded a later version and all was good again.

As far as i am aware the push back in the EFB is not working yet.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

3 hours ago, Car147 said:

I have had this a couple of times, i usually update it daily (Dev version) first thing in the morning GMT. I also keep the last proven working version in case i have issues with the latest D/L

I don't know what causes it, maybe they are working on it at the time, but if i get the issue i have i usually revert to the previous one ( I kept) and then look for an update later in the day.

I had the same as you twice in the past week, downloaded a later version and all was good again.

As far as i am aware the push back in the EFB is not working yet.

Yeah...I am always like should I download it or not since my latest version is working well? 

But you are so tempted to see what they added. 

I wish there was a tracker that told if the version you're about to download will steer off course or start the dolphin dance at x sim speed...lol

Edited by knich

I have also noted recently that the transponder is not working, can’t key in a squark code.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

I have also noted recently that the transponder is not working, can’t key in a squark code.

I had the same issue - after some deductions, I figured the "new" procedure was to "clear" the transponder of any code, then it allows you to enter your allocated code.

• Like 2

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

3 hours ago, knich said:

Yeah...I am always like should I download it or not since my latest version is working well? 

But you are so tempted to see what they added. 

I wish there was a tracker that told if the version you're about to download will steer off course or start the dolphin dance at x sim speed...lol

I use this to keep track of additions, https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed+is%3Amerged+base%3Amaster+sort%3Aupdated-desc

• Like 2

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

The banking issue is usually a dead zone sensitivity setting.  Should be set to 20% 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AFAIK the team has identified 3 primary causes and solutions:

1. The deadzone of one of your control axis is sending microsignals that stops the AP from doing what it wants. Setting your deadzones to 20% and then working down can solve this.

2. A lot of people leave keyboard commands for flight controls on. (I.E., the < key will turn the aileron 1 increment to the left and hold it). If while typing you hit one of these buttons, the input stays in until you hit the opposite key or move your control axis. It's advised to remove any key bindings to the keyboard that control any of the control surfaces.

3. Once you insert a SID into the FMGS the AP has difficulty flying the subsequent legs, among other glaring issues. The AP may attempt to suicide instead of flying to the IAF, for instance, and it's advised you fly on HDG mode or try "DIRECT TO" a bunch of times.

Note that the FBW team have yet to change any of the flight guidance systems from default. All of these issues are due to Asobo's programming.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

4 hours ago, D-Green said:

The banking issue is usually a dead zone sensitivity setting.  Should be set to 20% 

Thanks I will check this.

4 hours ago, WestAir said:

AFAIK the team has identified 3 primary causes and solutions:

1. The deadzone of one of your control axis is sending microsignals that stops the AP from doing what it wants. Setting your deadzones to 20% and then working down can solve this.

2. A lot of people leave keyboard commands for flight controls on. (I.E., the < key will turn the aileron 1 increment to the left and hold it). If while typing you hit one of these buttons, the input stays in until you hit the opposite key or move your control axis. It's advised to remove any key bindings to the keyboard that control any of the control surfaces.

3. Once you insert a SID into the FMGS the AP has difficulty flying the subsequent legs, among other glaring issues. The AP may attempt to suicide instead of flying to the IAF, for instance, and it's advised you fly on HDG mode or try "DIRECT TO" a bunch of times.

Note that the FBW team have yet to change any of the flight guidance systems from default. All of these issues are due to Asobo's programming.

Good luck!

Is the Dolphin dance at high sim rates also an Asobo or dead zone problem?   The only reason I ask is because some of the dev updates have no problem at sim rate 8 or even 16 but others I get problem even at 4.  

My banking away issue is solved since weeks. With deadzone around 10 and - yes - untighting the screw under my hotas X stick. Don’t ask me why. 
however, yesterday AP disconnected while climbing when strong (side) winds kicked in. Never saw that before. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

23 hours ago, XCLTM3 said:

I had the same issue - after some deductions, I figured the "new" procedure was to "clear" the transponder of any code, then it allows you to enter your allocated code.

Yes, that is the way the real aircraft transponder works.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x,  RTX4090, Varjo Aero, 32GB 3600MHz RAM , Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe4.0,  980 1TB PCIe3.0, TUF B550M-PLUS (WIFI), Warthog HOTAS, Saitek PRO rudder pedals,  1440p Ultrawide, Track IR, TM Boeing yoke. 

21 hours ago, D-Green said:

This.

On 3/6/2021 at 4:57 AM, RaptyrOne said:

Couple of days ago I had the same problem. I pushed the clr button on the transponder which cleared the numbers. After that I managed to put the squawk the atc asked. 

Edit: should have read the entire thread, the question was already answered. My bad...

Edited by Virtpilot
  • Like 1

Tapani Österberg

20 hours ago, DAD said:

With deadzone around 10 and - yes - untighting the screw under my hotas X stick. Don’t ask me why. 

I just had to tighten that screw under the stick as it worked as an additional rudder hence transferring every single vibration to the A32NX as well.

Hans 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)