Sign in to follow this  
RW1

QualityWings Ultimate 787 1.4 Update

It's the same working version that TFDI put out a little while ago. I've been using it in both the 717 and the MD-88 for some time with no issues. Just flew the 787 and it works like a champ. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Anyone find the landing and taxi lights a little on the weak side? I’m not using HDR or shaders.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Anyone find the landing and taxi lights a little on the weak side? I’m not using HDR or shaders.

👆

3 hours ago, Wise87 said:

It's the same working version that TFDI put out a little while ago. I've been using it in both the 717 and the MD-88 for some time with no issues. Just flew the 787 and it works like a champ. 

That is very good news, in my migration to v5 I can get the 717 and 787 for cheaper than the T7+expansion

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

4 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

My request was based on that item in the list, asking if anybody who has trueglass or reallight installed would mind getting back to me to confirm that indeed it’s working well now 😉

...which Dave just did, thanks! I had not installed the QW787 because of TFDi. Time to reinstall it again!

I have them installed too. All working fine.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

do I need to uninstall it ?  or can the flight1 wrapper thing update it by itself ?

cheers 

14ppkc-6.png

11 hours ago, RW1 said:

Release notes mention PFD/HUD: smoothness improvements

Yes I noticed. I'm just wondering what it means. Higher refresh rate? I hope so

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

33 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

do I need to uninstall it ?  or can the flight1 wrapper thing update it by itself ?

cheers 

Yes. As they wrote in their instructions (Changelog/Releasenotes) you need to perform a complete uninstall and new install. 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Yes. As they wrote in their instructions (Changelog/Releasenotes) you need to perform a complete uninstall and new install. 

thank you

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

I guess for those of us who purchased from other vendors need to wait to obtain the update?

cheers

mike

5 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

I guess for those of us who purchased from other vendors need to wait to obtain the update?

cheers

mike

Also they wrote that it can take up to 72 hours till other vendors publish the updated installers. 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

probably going to be a day or so until I can load the update onto my machine.  Can anybody confirm that the previous sluggish fps issue with the altitude/speed in the VC is fixed?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 minutes ago, micstatic said:

probably going to be a day or so until I can load the update onto my machine.  Can anybody confirm that the previous sluggish fps issue with the altitude/speed in the VC is fixed?

Works all fine now. More stable fps and smooth speed tape. hud also much optimized and less jumpy. Great update. Also the enroute function in the EFB works very nice   

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks @mpo910

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Man,

I just have to say a huge thank you to QW for this.  I am in the 1.4 787 right now.  Followed the advice of uninstalling all liveries and doing fresh install and first impressions are wow...   Able to run High-Res without any impact now, everything looks better, new EFB functionality is working great with no performance hit, all my add-ons aviaworx remote CDU/EFB and Opencockpits modules working perfectly.  Only thing that isn't working is my AS Wxr wind downloads but I need to check my config files as those settings probably reset.  Haven't found any steps back yet, just two steps forward.

Thank you QW!  

• Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg