Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS) released

Very nearly just pressed go, but I am thinking: do I need two of these?  Shall I just get the turbo version?  Anyone know what I'll be missing, if I only opt for that?  If it's "faster and higher" and all else is the same, I guess I'll wait.

• Like 1

Paul Skol

5 minutes ago, Paul_Yorks said:

Aha, so trickily the thing is being discussed in the preview thread here:  Just Flight Piper Arrow III Preview - Page 35 - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

Where I think Xender meant to post the above to follow up his earlier post!

Yeah, you're totally right. I did this post using my phone and i got confused 🤦‍♂️. I opened a ticket anyway with the details.

Juan Ramos

34 minutes ago, Paul_Yorks said:

Very nearly just pressed go, but I am thinking: do I need two of these?  Shall I just get the turbo version?  Anyone know what I'll be missing, if I only opt for that?  If it's "faster and higher" and all else is the same, I guess I'll wait.

Well they are supposedly going to give a 66% discount on the Arrow IV when it's released (per JustFlight in the preview thread) if you purchased the Arrow III, which is nice.

Personally I like the Arrow IV, because it has a T-tail, and the turbo is an added bonus.  I have the Arrow IV in P3D and it's one of my better-liked aircraft.  I kind of like JustFlights Tomahawk as well...I wish they would re-make that for MSFS.

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thanks Mace; I misread it.  I thought the turbo was ONLY the PA III, but I now see the new one will include the IV.  Decisions, decisions!

Paul Skol

Just now, Paul_Yorks said:

Thanks Mace; I misread it.  I thought the turbo was ONLY the PA III, but I now see the new one will include the IV.  Decisions, decisions!

Yes decisions.  I think I'm going to get the Arrow III, even though I'll probably end up flying the IV more.

I wonder if I can just purchase the Arrow IV by itself when it comes out?   @JustFlightScott may know

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

39 minutes ago, xender said:

This is what i mean with the prop animation

Oh crikey,..now that would annoy the heck out of me. Seriously, JF said they were testing this aircraft over the previous weekend so how on earth did they miss this issue? Anybody else getting the same problem?

1 minute ago, Tailwinds said:

Oh crikey,..now that would annoy the heck out of me. Seriously, JF said they were testing this aircraft over the previous weekend so how on earth did they miss this issue? Anybody else getting the same problem?

I did a few tests and it only happens when the prop lever is all the way up. As soon as you  get it a bit lower it stops happening. I opened a ticket anyway.

Juan Ramos

I'm just waiting to see if anybody else reports this problem. So far, nobody has said nothing. maybe it's an isolated case. I can't test it because I haven't got it (yet).

17 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

I'm just waiting to see if anybody else reports this problem. So far, nobody has said nothing. maybe it's an isolated case. I can't test it because I haven't got it (yet).

You're missing out! Its really good!

Juan Ramos

I found another bug, also rather minor and not important;

As you can see, if you hide the table, it only hides visually. In reality the table is still there and still accepts clicks even if you cant see her. Pay close attention to the cursor, the table and the yoke

Edited by xender

Juan Ramos

1 hour ago, xender said:

This is what i mean with the prop animation @JustFlightScott

Sorry about the quality

That is double plus ungood. That would give some people a fit if they had to stare through that for any length of time longer than a couple of circuits.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese