Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

10th March 2021 Developer Q&A: Begins at 10:30 AM PST

14 minutes ago, lambourne said:

Great news for the WT guys getting hired to work on their passion but that'll probably mark the end of updates to the CJ4 as a standalone mod, and to speedy updates after undocumented Asobo core updates break the sim and its addon aircraft. Shame really, I was only just getting into it.

Probably true but if it is in the Core product and they help fix many systems, won't it be better in the long run, as everyone will get their updates in the core, I hope! Also, might only be on a contract basis, and not actually a part of Asobo. Only they know that? Sounds like great news, and hope Working Title is happy, is the main thing! Would assume they are or wouldn't have joined the team. Probably MOST people are not aware of WT or how to install mods, maybe?

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

3 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

The core founders are all leaving our jobs to work full time on the sim.  Questions about the future of the mods, what this means for contributors, and such are addressed to the best of our ability in that FAQ.

Does this include the G3X?

4 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Also, might only be on a contract basis, and not actually a part of Asobo.

We will not be joining Asobo.  We will be our own independent business entity pursuing our own strengths.   Regarding updates to the CJ4 and our other mods we have approval to spend some time during the transition bug-fixing and maintaining those.  This is mentioned in that FAQ I linked above.  🙂

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

We will not be joining Asobo.  We will be our own independent business entity pursuing our own strengths.   Regarding updates to the CJ4 and our other mods we have approval to spend some time during the transition bug-fixing and maintaining those.  This is mentioned in that FAQ I linked above.  🙂

Hi, I imagine that things will become much clearer in the future / relationship to MSFS etc.

But I am mainly looking to know what "Garmin" products you will officially bring to the to the MSFS platform (not a mod) through this partnership. Is it just the G1000 and G3000, or all other units like the G3X? I did not get a clear sense of this from the FAQ.

World Update 4:

France will have 5 to 1 meter DEM in some areas. New aerial imagery for all 4 countries.

There will be three airports, all from Gaya:

LFHM
LFMN
EHRD

Paris and Amsterdam photogrammetry

There might be an airplane announced when the update goes live? Jorg was being very vague.

Amsterdam will have windmills as part of the new autogen.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FlyBaby said:

Hi, I imagine that things will become much clearer in the future / relationship to MSFS etc.

But I am mainly looking to know what "Garmin" products you will officially bring to the to the MSFS platform (not a mod) through this partnership. Is it just the G1000 and G3000, or all other units like the G3X? I did not get a clear sense of this from the FAQ.

The desire is to bring enhancements to the entire Garmin suite, as well as the CJ4 enhancements. Part of that will be integrating enhancements from each of the mods together in a way that works well with the base sim engine. It will take some time to roadmap and in the meantime, the mods will remain supported via Github.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

7 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Was there any mention/plans for any performance improvement? 

They were non committal on a hotfix being issued.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 minutes ago, Maxis said:

They were non committal on a hotfix being issued.

I was more wondering about the next 2-3 months, if anything was planned or known etc..

2 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

The desire is to bring enhancements to the entire Garmin suite, as well as the CJ4 enhancements. Part of that will be integrating enhancements from each of the mods together in a way that works well with the base sim engine. It will take some time to roadmap and in the meantime, the mods will remain supported via Github.

Thanks.

My original understanding was that Asobo was looking to create baseline Garmin systems that other 3PD Devs could tap into (to keep 3PDevs from creating their own) much like x-planes G1000 etc. Asobo stated how this was arequest from Devs as well as the community looking for in depth systems.

I am wondering how this partnership achieves that end, or if 3PDevs may still have to create their systems.

Really great Q&A.  It sounds like sim update 4 will be pretty significant.  They seem to be fixing and adding stuff so fast now they might have to include sim updates with world updates.  

Basically a re-write of the WX system coming in a few months.....HUGE.  There was a ton of info in this Q&A.  The first 3 questions were "fixed for sim update 4".  It sounds like they're getting their second wind.  That's good news, but for the Q&A side there's going to be a ton to check in a short amount of time.

One thing is for sure.  The value of this sim for what we've paid versus what we're getting is really-really good.

• Like 6

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

22 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I was more wondering about the next 2-3 months, if anything was planned or known etc..

yes, they specifically mentioned memory optimization among other things

• Like 1

Sim update 4 will be released alongside World Update 5
This to help cut down on the number of concurrent builds they are running

• Like 2