Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

10th March 2021 Developer Q&A: Begins at 10:30 AM PST

6 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

No, and it’s a mess, trees and objects popping in right as you fly over them. A blurry mess outside of the LOD ring, which is clearly visible. 

They did touch on that part.  It sounds like they know what to do.  Some good news there.   I take that back.  That was for terrain, not objects.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 minute ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

They did touch on that part.  It sounds like they know what to do.  Some good news there.   I take that back.  That was for terrain, not objects.

What did they say about terrain LOD?

• Like 1

4790k / 16gb / 1080ti / lotsa ssd's / 1440p / TM Warthog & Tflight Pedals 

3 minutes ago, erick said:

I'd have to go back and watch it again.  They showed a video with wireframe side by side.  I don't think they specifically said what they were doing.  I know the last Q&A they said they were working on a math formula or something that was going to help with the entire planet.  Making mountains sharper, etc.  About the specific LOD, I really can't remember.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

11 minutes ago, erick said:

It was more about the rounded appearance of mountains, but they also showed a video with the terrain LOD at around 11 minutes in: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/944290129

Live build looks nothing like that. Mountains completely change shape as you approach them, and not in a smooth way as shown in this video. Hopefully it's a newer branch, which means that terrain will be morphing in a smoother manner with a future patch...

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

It was more about the rounded appearance of mountains, but they also showed a video with the terrain LOD at around 11 minutes in: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/944290129

Live build looks nothing like that. Mountains completely change shape as you approach them, and not in a smooth way as shown in this video. Hopefully it's a newer branch, which means that terrain will be morphing in a smoother manner with a future patch...

Seems these preview videos they use are always appear way better that the version we are using. It’s certainly not the first time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

I'd have to go back and watch it again.  They showed a video with wireframe side by side.  I don't think they specifically said what they were doing.  I know the last Q&A they said they were working on a math formula or something that was going to help with the entire planet.  Making mountains sharper, etc.  About the specific LOD, I really can't remember.

OK thanks. I know the part you are talking about. It was cool to see the wireframe side by side but.. they didn't mention anything to do with the terrain LOD issues. Unfortunately! It sounded like they were discussing how the detail of specific terrain will be improved with better initial Bing data. IMO that may actually make the problem of "pop-in" and "morphing" actually worse. How it is implemented, coded and streamed is the problem. Well fingers crossed they will figure something out at some point?!

49 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’m not picking, I just wish they would introduce some eastern European personality in to it, instead of this fake Americanism.

I’d be careful with the Piers Morgan analysis of others’ emotional states.

• Like 6

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

2 minutes ago, erick said:

OK thanks. I know the part you are talking about. It was cool to see the wireframe side by side but.. they didn't mention anything to do with the terrain LOD issues. Unfortunately! It sounded like they were discussing how the detail of specific terrain will be improved with better initial Bing data. IMO that may actually make the problem of "pop-in" and "morphing" actually worse. How it is implemented, coded and streamed is the problem. Well fingers crossed they will figure something out at some point?!

Yeah, the Bing data optimizations sounded really good too.  That's actually pretty significant as well.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

France will have 5 to 1 meter DEM in some areas. New aerial imagery for all 4 countries.

Really looking forward to this. France has some of the most beautiful VFR areas in the world, just in time for summer.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

7 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Live build looks nothing like that. Mountains completely change shape as you approach them, and not in a smooth way as shown in this video

100% agreed. That is my exact experience as well. I really, really hope that will be coming our way sooner than later! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

There will be three airports, all from Gaya:

LFMN

Oh, that'll be Nice to have!🤭

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Omg just watching this now. Working Title is working with Asobo now??!!! To fix up the IFR flying in general? Amazing! Cannot wait for this stuff to be included in the base sim!

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Long story short, Working Title is becoming Working Title Simulations LLC.   The core founders are all leaving our jobs to work full time on the sim.

I am so jointly excited for the Working Title team and all of us simmers that will benefit from this!  Congratulations!

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

instead of this fake Americanism.

Fake?

WT going to Asobo might be a short term loss but a long term gain for this sim.

In long run I'd rather have everything included and not as a mod.

I Try to imagine how they feel. You buy a sim in august, think you can add somthing, start working on it in your free time and all of a sudden you have a job and  work on something that you love.

I want to congratulate WT, thank them and wish them all the best.

• Like 2

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD