Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

CRJ 550/700 list of current bugs

3 minutes ago, DAD said:

that issue is worth an FAQ entry for AS: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/160458-displays-frozen-nothing-seems-to-work-but-switches-still-move-and-aircraft-keeps-flying/

actually ran into that one too, had to abort flight

Hmm, I can't actually remember what the last button I pressed was before it froze, I was just messing about trying to work out how to enter an arrival in without a flightplan and boom! Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence though!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

4 minutes ago, DAD said:

that issue is worth an FAQ entry for AS: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/160458-displays-frozen-nothing-seems-to-work-but-switches-still-move-and-aircraft-keeps-flying/

actually ran into that one too, had to abort flight

I had this happen also. I thought the game had frozen but I could still pan around the cockpit, but it came back after about a minute. Only time it has happened out of about 5 flights so far 

Just now had the same exact issue, was messing a bit with the flightplan SID and STAR DFW-FLG since it didnt seem  to load correctly, went into STAR page to select an arrival because there was a strange "discontinuity" after the LAST navaid in my flightplan, and boom everything is frozen, and BOOM WASM exception c000001d in gauge MCDU1V

Fly Navy

2 minutes ago, Captain Rossiter said:

Just now had the same exact issue, was messing a bit with the flightplan SID and STAR DFW-FLG since it didnt seem  to load correctly, went into STAR page to select an arrival because there was a strange "discontinuity" after the LAST navaid in my flightplan, and boom everything is frozen, and BOOM WASM exception c000001d in gauge MCDU1V

FMS seems to be easily affected. I just posted 3 instances at the AS forum where I received such a systen crash, all happened when I did not select a DEP airport for a reason (e.g. Saba is not in the database) but only an arrival airport like TNCM or KEYW and then clicked on an arr rwy for that arrival airport. FMS did not like that and put all screens to a hold, happed for rwy10 at TNCM and rwy09 at KEYW

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 minutes ago, DAD said:

FMS seems to be easily affected. I just posted 3 instances at the AS forum where I received such a systen crash, all happened when I did not select a DEP airport for a reason (e.g. Saba is not in the database) but only an arrival airport like TNCM or KEYW and then clicked on an arr rwy for that arrival airport. FMS did not like that and put all screens to a hold, happed for rwy10 at TNCM and rwy09 at KEYW

I wanna see that landing in Saba! LOL

Eddie
KABQ

6 minutes ago, haskell said:

I wanna see that landing in Saba! LOL

that was a TRY to depart from Saba in the 500, utterly failed. 

anyway, the ARR/STAR/SID topic seems to be "common" and is being investigated already by AS and Asobo per Info at  https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/160653-crj-550-displays-frozen-nothing-seems-to-work-but-switches-still-move/&do=findComment&comment=1025747

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

30 minutes ago, DAD said:

that was a TRY to depart from Saba in the 500, utterly failed. 

anyway, the ARR/STAR/SID topic seems to be "common" and is being investigated already by AS and Asobo per Info at  https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/160653-crj-550-displays-frozen-nothing-seems-to-work-but-switches-still-move/&do=findComment&comment=1025747

Yeah, funnily enough I was just watching a live stream earlier by British Avgeek and he experienced the same live on stream, exactly when he selected the arrival in the FMS.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

6 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I dont think it is possible to use the thrust reverse toggle button that you would normally use in every other airplane in the sim?

It's not. You use Decrease Throttle and it just decreases it into reverse. The Toggle Reverse commands don't work. Or you can set the range so that the bottom of your throttle becomes reverse (dangerous if there are no physical detents!) 

Eddie
KABQ

2 hours ago, devgrp said:

only thing I can say is dont do anything you wouldnt do in the real plane, like trying the reversers in flight, deploying landing gear @ 300kts . stuff like that lol

"like trying the reversers in flight, deploying landing gear @ 300kts...or using the autopilot to fly, or trying to stay on the runway for the full takeoff roll, or..."

"Oh look, my CRJ just took off by itself - how clever!"

Aerosoft: <shrug> "If you don't like that feature, just push forward on the yoke as you're rolling down the runway!"

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Here is another thing I want to add. Yes Aerosoft CRJ is far from perfect. Yes there are bugs. And yes it would be great if the fix them and enhance product as well. I'm all hand for it. But when people start complaining about $50, you guys should understand in real world is ridiculously small amount of money for entertaining you get!

Just for example my RW annual GNS430W subscription to keep up with IFR is $300 that is only covering half of west US. And this is without obstacle terrain database  that you pay separately ! Here is another example a little piece of plastic "wheel farrying" is whipping $278.95. They crack so easily and so quickly (given flight training conducted) that I had to remove them completely after replacing several of them within several month.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/mf6.php

Think about it! Simming is super cheap comparing with expanses people bare flying actual aircraft, paying for tear and wear and maintenance.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, but you guys should be aware of FAA certified sims like that PI 135 fr base price $9500

https://flyelite.com/product/pi-135/

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

27 minutes ago, haskell said:

It's not. You use Decrease Throttle and it just decreases it into reverse. The Toggle Reverse commands don't work. Or you can set the range so that the bottom of your throttle becomes reverse (dangerous if there are no physical detents!) 

I wonder why they chose this method since it diverges from every other airplane in the sim? Why are they departing from the rest of the sim in this way?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I wonder why they chose this method since it diverges from every other airplane in the sim? Why are they departing from the rest of the sim in this way?

No idea. Works fine but a departure from "norm." Although it's the way the did in all planes in FSX. Not saying... just saying. 

Eddie
KABQ

5 hours ago, Prpn said:

They can not be deployed in the air on the real aircraft unless you are experiencing some kind of mechanical failure.

Then why do they need to be armed? I know of no other jet engined commercial aircraft were you have to flick a switch to arm the reversers.

Edited by Farlis

4 hours ago, Tom Wright said:

Yeah, funnily enough I was just watching a live stream earlier by British Avgeek and he experienced the same live on stream, exactly when he selected the arrival in the FMS.

AS acknowledged an issue with FMS approach data. Now the question is how fast asap is...

„Yes, this is a known one. Apparently there's any issue when changing parts of the approach in flight. This will be fixed asap.“

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven