bean_sprout

Can You Control the FS HABIT

Can You  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Can You

• Yes
    • No

38 minutes ago, Chock said:

The reason they do that, is they don't want people to realise volume one of their own guide book is badly-written, full of plot holes and some seriously questionable ethics. And the sequel is largely a bad re-write. Not that most people actually bother to read them anyway. 

I'd love to comment on this Alan but I already got one warning this week.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Yes real life takes priority left the sims for over 3 years before coming back last time in 2015. 

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

44 minutes ago, birdguy said:

I'd love to comment on this Alan but I already got one warning this week.

Noel

I'll see your one, and raise you four. So I've got to be careful too. Not that I think I said anything particularly out of order if one has a working sense of humour, but I think some people go out of their way to be offended and complain, when ironically, their guide book says they should be forgiving.🤣

Back on topic however, to help steer us away from controversy, another thing I do apart from playing guitar, is making models and playing with horses. I'd cheerfully spend all day doing those things as well.

Here's a little RC B-17 model I made:

i1fg6Tc.jpg

And here's my Katie:

rRqL34E.jpg

And here's her friend, Bob the Unicorn:

FZd5haH.jpg

And as noted, being into making music, one of the good things about flight simming, is that you usually end up with a decent computer, which is ideal for connecting stuff like this to, for recording and producing stuff:

Ci2YbOf.jpg

Edited by Chock
  • Like 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You are fortunate Alan.  You have several plates full.  

A lot of people had nothing but a job and a Cheers to go to after work and on weekends.  When the job and Cheers shut down their plates were pretty empty.

Noel

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

My name is Sue. I am a Flight Sim addict. Meetings Wednesday at 7. We can trade airplanes and flight plans...

LOL

Sue

( Oh and no offense to anyone, I'm a 19 year AA member,so take a joke...)

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Maybe if I change my name to Crosstownshorthaul and just do really short flights like JFK-LGA, I might get this habit under control. Then again maybe not.

48 minutes ago, Penzoil3 said:

I'm a 19 year AA member,

Aircraft Addict? 😄 

Not long ago I was averaging 6 hours a day in the flight sim.  Mostly due a lot to long flights and no time compression.  And no autopilot (or GPS) so I was busy the whole time.  Loved it.

I got a little burned out on flight simming (wonder how *that* happened) and did a lot of reading.  MSFS brought me back for a  while, fewer hours per day, but I'm currently burned out again, waiting to see what happens.

When I'm out of the aircraft cockpit, I'm often in a simulated boat cockpit.  Got some fantastic Virtual Sailor ships.  I get burned out on those as well after a while of sailing several hours a day.

And when I'm not on the computer playing sims, I'm on the computer reading on my Windows Kindle App.  Thank GOODNESS for Kindle Unlimited.  Over 120 books so far since Jan 1, a few more than once.

I used to have a lot of other hobbies, more than I can list here.  But to answer the original question, when I'm flight simming, that's pretty much all I'm doing, and it's hard to stop.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

6 hours ago, overspeed3 said:

W2DR,

So if my math is right that would make you about 75 years old, right?😉

I wish...........

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

17 hours ago, LHookins said:

Aircraft Addict? 😄 

Not long ago I was averaging 6 hours a day in the flight sim.  Mostly due a lot to long flights and no time compression.  And no autopilot (or GPS) so I was busy the whole time.  Loved it.

Hook

That's a fairly respectable number for an addict who also has to work, so long as you were THINKING about aviation or flight sim for the other hours in the day!  Otherwise that's only 1.25 online (POSCON) airliner flights per day! 🤣  

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

All you guys saying no realize denial is one sign of addiction.

Vic green

23 hours ago, LHookins said:

Aircraft Addict? 😄 

No, Alcoholics Anonymous. Which makes me leery of joking about addiction.

Sue

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 3/20/2021 at 9:24 AM, birdguy said:

Oh yes.  I overcame it by the time I was in the 8th grade and had to fake it with my mom.  And that's the reason I got kicked out of St Ignatius High school half way through my junior year and why I got a warning and my post here on Thursday was hidden.  Sometimes I tend to push the opinion envelope.

Noel 

St. Ignatius? Which city?

7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

That's a fairly respectable number for an addict who also has to work

I've been retired for 20 years. 😄 

That 6 hours per day doesn't include flight planning and everything else that goes along with a flight.  I do all my flight planning in skyvector.com and there's probably most of a half hour per flight involved.

I was shocked to see how many books I've read through Kindle Unlimited this year.  I don't want to try to estimate how many hours a day I spend reading.

As for addiction, I'm addicted to eating.  That's OK, I can quit any time. 😄

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

4 hours ago, Mike A said:

St. Ignatius? Which city?

San Francisco 1950.

Noel