Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

I hear that you can make XP11 looks as good as MSFS

14 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

GPU manufactures want to make money could care less who bought them

^This.

We are really in a new era for desktop and console in terms of the processing power you can get at home, that is on topic (yay!), AMD chips launched November - even the cheaper ones - dwarf all that came before them, NVidia chips just launched - even the cheaper ones - dwarf all that came before them, the new NVME drives - even ones they are putting in consoles - are almost as fast as most peoples desktop RAM.

Most of the complaints I see for both MSFS and XP11 are simply because the software is moving into this new era, any hardware bought prior to November 2020 (and even most of the hardware sold since then) is already out of date.

AutoATC Developer

I'm still running an a 1080 and I'm happy with the performance of both X-Plane and MFS... it's not bad at all for an outdated system. 

It helps that I don't run it at 4k, which could explain a lot, but I feel I'm missing out and I'm ready to upgrade to a better card.

3 hours ago, tonywob said:

I'm still running an a 1080 and I'm happy with the performance of both X-Plane and MFS.

MFS high quality settings start to touch on recent shaders - which is what makes the difference visually.

This is how much things have moved in the last ~2 years

vK1eNCg.png

AutoATC Developer

I am not an enemy of XP11. I actually bought the IXEG 737 Classic this weekend. What an aircraft. I am trying my best to tweak XP11 to look more modern without spending too much money. I rather keep my money for the aircraft. 

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I messed around with ReShade and better time of the day. This is what I got compare to my original post.

ExqKu_RUcAQwjHX?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

3 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

other than develop for a platform with 2M+ customers

have you ever tried supporting 2 million people.?.?..

Would you do it for free.?...?

No?

How about doing it for free for a large multinational corporation?

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

I believe XP can look as good or better than MSFS2020 with a couple of small free tweaks (Plus has much better frame rate)

Here's a picture I just took in-sim with no editing, simply using:

1) Aerobask Phenom 300
2) Ortho4XP
3) ReShade (let me know if you want the preset)

That's it! Obviously you have to do a little legwork to set it up this way, but once it's done once it's super fast and simple to load up and fly to all your favorite places with incredibly realistic visuals. 

1-retty.jpg

Edited by dresoccer4

CHILDREN (and you all know who you are)......The bickering back and forth will now stop or this topic will!

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Laminar just released 26 mb of improvements. Nothing is posted in developer. Just installed it here. GETTING BETTER!!!!!! Folks.

Edited by Paul Deluca

17 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

I believe XP can look as good or better than MSFS2020 with a couple of small free tweaks (Plus has much better frame rate)

I'm not sure I'd say better than FS2020 because that would be subjective (and this kind of argument is fueling endless arguing), but I find it does look more vidid and more contrasted than default, and this is helping. As for the frame rate, there is no denial it runs smoother (seldom stutters and higher fps on same hardware - even on Windows if not on Linux 🙂 ), especially in VR.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

29 minutes ago, RXP said:

I'm not sure I'd say better than FS2020 because that would be subjective (and this kind of comment is fueling endless arguing), but I find it does look more vidid and more contrasted than default, and this is helping. As for the frame rate, there is no denial it runs smoother (seldom stutters and higher fps on same hardware - even on Windows if not on Linux 🙂 ), especially in VR.

I should have specified, the "better" part of my comment was directed at ortho/mesh resolution when utilizing Ortho4Xp. Since you can control the ZL level and mesh density you can come out with some hyper-realistic sceneries (if you have the hard drive space). MSFS2020 doesn't have this level of control (yet) so for me XPlane wins in that regard. But this is comparing modded to stock simulators, so in some ways it's apple and oranges. 

I was just wanting to show it is indeed possible to get VERY good looking results with minimal free addons in XP.

1-wow1.jpg

Edited by dresoccer4
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, mSparks said:

Really off topic/tangent, but doesn't deserve its own thread:

1. The shortage has nothing to do with a "cryptomining pandemic", and everything to do with the likes of Google, Microsoft and digital ocean filling their data centers with them for AI tasks like image and voice recognition, the RTX3000 series has more processing horse power than the $10,000 TESLAs and friends, the talking heads putting the blame on a fairly small segment of the market have no idea what they are talking about

2. Even if it was, why should they care? they are multipurpose cards designed for high performance matrix calculations, NVidia, the shops selling them and the talking heads have no idea what end users are using them for, in fact most of the AI stuff is still trade secrets.

3. The mass US shortage of chips is actually caused by the ongoing US trade war with China, US policy makers got what they wanted asked for.

I can't buy a new card for love nor money here in the UK. I have an RTX2070 and I've seen them going for £600 second hand on eBay here in the UK. It's unbelievable. Somethings up for sure,

Any tweak is better than the bland colors XP11 vanilla came in with, honestly.

That's why XP12 with the new lighting and clouds will fix the main issues visual wise (and hopefully will continue with bland water and those awful glowing trees and shadows). The only unknown is if we'll be still alive by the time XP12 arrives.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

32 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

Any tweak is better than the bland colors XP11 vanilla came in with, honestly.

That's why XP12 with the new lighting and clouds will fix the main issues visual wise (and hopefully will continue with bland water and those awful glowing trees and shadows). The only unknown is if we'll be still alive by the time XP12 arrives.

So many people will be disappointed if instead we get xplane 2021.

20 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

So many people will be disappointed if instead we get xplane 2021.

Why would they? All the better for us.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."