Sign in to follow this  
Neutrino Flux

I've been a hater ....

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Not true at all. 

I thought you went back to P3D?

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 3/20/2021 at 9:20 PM, environmental_ice said:

im going back. game isnt playable. they broke it with this last update and my computer temperatures are out of control when I launch MSFS

If your temperatures are out of control there is something wrong with your PC most likely the cooling or you are over clocking. It's not MSFS. It's just not.

17 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

I thought you went back to P3D?

Regards

bs

I thought you had stopped making up "facts". 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Saying "I'm going back to P3D is like saying "I'm going back to Windows Vista"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

If your temperatures are out of control there is something wrong with your PC most likely the cooling or you are over clocking. It's not MSFS. It's just not.

I don’t agree with this, if your rig is stable running everything else then it’s unlikely to be an issue your end. Still you could always run something like Prime95 or some other stress test software to prove either way.

edit - misread, yeah if running very hot then something to look at 

Edited by hanhamreds

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

it most definitely was MSFS. I wasnt alone either with this matter. however its no longer doing it as of this last update when I checked. My computer shouldnt be 120 degrees C sitting in the MSFS main menu but sitting below 32 degrees without the game running. 

Edited by environmental_ice
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

It's more like saying I'm going back to Windows 7. You know, the robust, well-established, stable OS that works really well minus a few annoyances and that Microsoft can't break whenever it feels like it. 

Both sims have their strengths right now. P3d is still where to go for systems depth options, and it's still where to go if you want the *capability* of making the "game" world as close as possible to the real one. In my P3d install, the taxiways are labelled correctly, the navigation database is current as of right now, the weather is handled by Activesky and is therefore a much more reliably close approximation of what is actually happening at any given time. 

On the other hand, I have a lot of visual enhancements going on P3d and the graphics still suck. No matter how much custom scenery you buy, most of the planet is not rendered anywhere close to reality. The color palette is muted, the clouds - even with ASCA - don't look terribly convincing by comparison, and the terrain fidelity even with expensive addons isn't very good.

I will never again fly in the Caribbean in P3d. Heck, I won't fly VFR anywhere in P3d. MSFS absolutely wipes the floor with P3d on that front. On the other hand, I tend toward P3d for IFR flights because it's just not possible to do them remotely accurately in MSFS right now.

So all the "screw this I'm uninstalling X sim" discussion really comes off as being more petulant stamping of feet rather than a recognition that, uh, you own both. Why not use both for their strengths? 

• Like 5

As usual with the MSFS series, 2020 is a good PLATFORM for add-ons.  To that end I await the QW 787 and PMDG birds.

spacer.png

These forums are almost as much fun as the sim itself.  Back to flying.

Regards

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Windows 95 imo. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

2 hours ago, eslader said:

It's more like saying I'm going back to Windows 7. You know, the robust, well-established, stable OS that works really well minus a few annoyances and that Microsoft can't break whenever it feels like it. 

Windows 10 is the most stable home Windows OS I have ever used and I have been using Windows since 3.1 and Windows 95.  Aside from the start menu from the older Windows that I miss, Windows 10 is faster than any previous Windows and very stable for me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

10 hours ago, Neutrino Flux said:

I did. It's still ####. 

Ah, four pounds. Now I get it.

6 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

it most definitely was MSFS. I wasnt alone either with this matter. however its no longer doing it as of this last update when I checked. My computer shouldnt be 120 degrees C sitting in the MSFS main menu but sitting below 32 degrees without the game running. 

If you are not over clocking (I'm assuming it's a PC and not a Laptop) then even if a program is running your chips at 100% load they should not be overheating. MSFS cannot magically generate excess heat.

If you see 120 degrees you need better cooling or your existing coolers and fans need cleaning and reseating. Or perhaps there's a fan not set or working properly? Is your case extractor fan adequate with sufficient inflow?  Laptops are a different matter.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, cobalt said:

Ah, four pounds. Now I get it.

That’s the Hash Symbol old boy not the Pound Symbol. Specsaver time ?

13 minutes ago, Neutrino Flux said:

That’s the Hash Symbol old boy not the Pound Symbol. Specsaver time ?

The Hash symbol traces its origins to Roman times and the symbol Libra Pondo which translates as; a Pound Weight.

Pfund-svg.png

So now everybody's right which is nice and how it should be. 🙂

• Like 2