Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

Temporary workaround to significant performance issue

I just tested this workaround at 76T and it works for me. My FPS went instantly went from 3 FPS to 80+ FPS! Once again, leave it to the community to come up with solutions before Asobo. This isn't a permanent solution but it's a step in the right direction, and maybe just maybe it'll lead to someone discovering what the actual issue is.

"I’ve found a work around for the FPS issue. This requires multiple mouse clicks as when you load up there the frame rate is poor to say the least.

Enable Dev Mode
Create a new project
Then just open the scenery editor and watch the FPS fly.

You can then close the project, no need to save, leave the scenery editor running, just minimize it and move it out the way.

This works every time for me. However it’s probably better to enable the scenery editor somewhere else first, haven’t tried that yet."

Credit: mfblues

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/anyone-recognise-this-place-76t-work-around/381329/3

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Asobo is probably already aware of the issue. They are just making sure they QA properly before they release the fix.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

9 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Asobo is probably already aware of the issue. They are just making sure they QA properly before they release the fix.

They could have suggested this as a temporary workaround instead of the useless suggestion to scale down "Render Scaling" to 80 instead of 100 or above, which has done absolutely nothing for nobody.

It was very nice seeing my FPS shoot up back to where it should be, even if I have to have a small window open.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

I hear you but there isn't much we can do about it for now. We just have to wait.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

20 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

🙂

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

Well, this works, funny. I tried to switch off terrain drawing before. The original satellite images can be interesting on larger airports. 🙂 I'll try opening the scenery editor later. This workaround is an ok solution if you can live with the fact that your flights don't get logged in dev mode.

Edited by crimplene
  • Like 1

Yes, seems to be working for me as well. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Um, as odd as it seems, FPS are hidden somewhere , we just to need to take them back, Frames Update 1 in thew works form Asobo, possibly.

Iñigo Bildarratz

I thought I would try this and since I have never tried 76T before, lets start there

Screenshot-869.png

Could not do anything there.........3FPS was the MAX it was 1-2 most of the time I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to end MSFS....OK

The KORF (addon airport) was a nightmare after last update doing a patten, when going over coast to the water BOOM FPS/stutter...nightmare.

Tried this workaround......50-55 FPS no dips no stutters.

It seems to work 🙂

Now fix it Asobo

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

9 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

probably already aware of the issue.

While they should be more than probably aware of the issue I wish they confirmed expressly they actually work on a solution

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

This is for general performance (fps kills) or only for this specific location?

Excellent!  Next question...  Why does this work? :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.