Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Hotfix performance ?

Communication is key, after the delayed UK update kerfuffle Asobo did not learn the valuable lesson of maintaining good communications with their customers, I'll await tonight's weekly nonsense blog but would be surprised if it's more than two sentences.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I'd guess where we are now is someone in another thread seems to have hit on an error that manifests at T76 but is also seen in many other places. It seems to be related to 'corrupted' Class C airspace scenery files from nearby major hubs released in the recent update. 

So this could explain why we get periodic 10-15 fps stutter-fests en-route when passing by a nearby hub.

I experienced something similar when leaving Friday Harbour, then also adjacent to the edge of KSEA airspace on route to Bowerman - so that may make sense. I'm currently hopeful that this may be a a straight forward fix involving replacing the bad Class airspace files or something - which should be quite simple and resolve our pain.

Hoping... 

41 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

I'd guess where we are now is someone in another thread seems to have hit on an error that manifests at T76 but is also seen in many other places. It seems to be related to 'corrupted' Class C airspace scenery files from nearby major hubs released in the recent update. 

So this could explain why we get periodic 10-15 fps stutter-fests en-route when passing by a nearby hub.

I experienced something similar when leaving Friday Harbour, then also adjacent to the edge of KSEA airspace on route to Bowerman - so that may make sense. I'm currently hopeful that this may be a a straight forward fix involving replacing the bad Class airspace files or something - which should be quite simple and resolve our pain.

Hoping... 

I was thinking about T76 last night, the airport that I reported about weeks ago with the 5FPS syndrome, and how it will be useful when they finally release a hot fix for this FPS issue. All everyone has to do is go to 76 T post patch , and if they still see 5FPS, the patch isn't working. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

56 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Communication is key, after the delayed UK update kerfuffle Asobo did not learn the valuable lesson of maintaining good communications with their customers

here's a scary thought. What if us folks here only represent a very small section of their customer base ...

I mean, my next door neighbor is now a customer as well. Followers of iJustine have become customers..... On the workfloor my colleagues even mentioned 'hey have you heard about this new flightsim ?'

My guess is that most new customers are not as demanding as we are. They fly in external view only, in stock aircraft making ludicrous bank angles.

• Like 2

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

15 minutes ago, avhpilot said:

here's a scary thought. What if us folks here only represent a very small section of their customer base ...

I mean, my next door neighbor is now a customer as well. Followers of iJustine have become customers..... On the workfloor my colleagues even mentioned 'hey have you heard about this new flightsim ?'

My guess is that most new customers are not as demanding as we are. They fly in external view only, in stock aircraft making ludicrous bank angles.

It’s probably feasible to say that those customers won’t be supporting this sim into the next decade like most of us here will be. Once the novelty wears off the majority move to the new next big thing, It’s the diehard fans that keep this hobby alive long term we are the guys that throw money into this sim year on year.
Being demanding is one thing but setting the standard as to what needs to be prioritised and delivered is another. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, avhpilot said:

I want to thank you as I didn't know iJustine ! I had a look at her channel and at wiki. Nice lady, not my type but nice though. An  impressive business success over the years but, good Heavens, to think that I will now share my hobby with her followers, that does frighten me indeed 🤣

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

19 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

It’s probably feasible to say that those customers won’t be supporting this sim into the next decade like most of us here will be. Once the novelty wears off the majority move to the new next big thing, It’s the diehard fans that keep this hobby alive long term we are the guys that throw money into this sim year on year.
Being demanding is one thing but setting the standard as to what needs to be prioritised and delivered is another. 

Two technical people where I work told me they "tried" MSFS 2020 recently. They flew around for a week or two, got bored with it, and  that was that. They moved on to a more "exciting" game. They both said that sitting at their computer screen watching scenery go slowly by, wasn't that interesting to them. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Two technical people where I work told me they "tried" MSFS 2020 recently. They flew around for a week or two, got bored with it, and  that was that. They moved on to a more "exciting" game. They both said that sitting at their computer screen watching scenery go slowly by, wasn't that interesting to them. 

That'll come to be the standard Xboxer's reaction too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

And "we want guns and bombs"

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

1 minute ago, hansb57 said:

And "we want guns and bombs"

Wait until they get on a Multiplayer session  with a F-16 and blast the wings off an Airbus, which is on an IFR flight. 😅

Lol. I'm reading this comments.

You guys really feel moral superiority or are a batter gamer because you fly bits on your free time ?

8 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Patetic. 

• Like 3

Cheers :)

N.-

I stopped playing multiplayer after 2 tries in CFS and found out you could cheat your guns into 1 shot kills.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Wait until they get on a Multiplayer session  with a F-16 and blast the wings off an Airbus, which is on an IFR flight. 😅

I'm looking forward to doing that myself. Make it an F-35 or a Harrier though.