Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

A new plane in MSFS world update 4(France, Nederlands)?

To come back to the franchise roots the new aircraft will be a Sopwith Camel 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

23 hours ago, Chock said:

The other plane could be the Dash 8; I seem to recall some rumours about that showing up, and it would flesh things out a bit to have turboprop regional in the default aeroplanes, as this is a type conspicuous by its absence in the sim.

DASH 8! WHERE?! WHERE IS IT?!? DASH 8 DASH 8 DASH 8 DA... oh, bummer, it's only a rumour... 😕

Seriously, there is only ONE plane that I want in MSFS and that's a Dash 8 Q400. I don't care about anything else. It should be forbidden to post rumours about this plane because everytime I see 'Dash' or '8' or 'Q400' I start to drool and lose my ability to think logically and rationally... Please stop torturing me like this!

Meanwhile, back in Kangerlussuaq

oppqE69.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

BTW what happened to the Beaver project? I can remember someone working on it but it's been a long time since then and i never heard anything again.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I think they should include a type that's not already represented.

A Sopwith Camel. P-51, jet, DC3. A 737 Max would be to easy for Asobo. The in the sim included crash model is study level already.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

I think they are converting the Wright Flyer to put back in.  (Remember that from an earlier version of flight Sim?  And it was the Anniversary recently)

I think it should have been in a previous content update, but they are having a few problems getting the autopilot, fuel burn, and Garmin G1a right! 😆

My serious guess is the announcement with FBW that they have talked about, so I thought it might be the A380 if they make some kind of arrangement with them - it would be superb!

Probably not going to happen, but I would love a retro-liner - DC-8, DC-9, B727, B737-200, B707 or B720.  So many to choose from, and an era sadly lacking from MSFS at the moment.

As a Brit, I would love to see a BAC-111, but I reckon Just Flight will have that covered, hopefully after the BAe Hawk.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

55 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I think they are converting the Wright Flyer to put back in.  (Remember that from an earlier version of flight Sim?  And it was the Anniversary recently)

I think it should have been in a previous content update, but they are having a few problems getting the autopilot, fuel burn, and Garmin G1a right! 😆

My serious guess is the announcement with FBW that they have talked about, so I thought it might be the A380 if they make some kind of arrangement with them - it would be superb!

Probably not going to happen, but I would love a retro-liner - DC-8, DC-9, B727, B737-200, B707 or B720.  So many to choose from, and an era sadly lacking from MSFS at the moment.

As a Brit, I would love to see a BAC-111, but I reckon Just Flight will have that covered, hopefully after the BAe Hawk.

Some good news for you:

The Wing42 Boeing 247 | Wing42

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

What announcement with FBW are you referring to? I think you might be mixing them up with Working Title… FBW doesn’t work for Microsoft. They’re a separate group of freeware developers making awesome modifications for the sim.

Edited by FlyingInACessna

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

If they bring the BAC 111 I (fond memories of David Maltby's here) I want a Caravelle.  It is not negotiable.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

26 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

What announcement with FBW are you referring to? I think you might be mixing them up with Working Title… FBW doesn’t work for Microsoft. They’re a separate group of freeware developers making awesome modifications for the sim.

Have you seen the feedback snapshots from MS / Asobo? 

With regard to cooperation - FlyByWire Community Mod - Started - Release 2021.  

It may be in a different structure to the Working Title arrangement, but they want to make connections with the FBW team on some kind of formal basis - there are a few things to sort out of course, but if they do this it would be great for everyone involved.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Something Asobo could not say...as an April 1st announcement... FSLabs will release its Concorde for MSFS and dump the P3D version... (shooooe...running for cover...!)

Edited by Jean-Claude

9 hours ago, tup61 said:

DASH 8! WHERE?! WHERE IS IT?!? DASH 8 DASH 8 DASH 8 DA... oh, bummer, it's only a rumour... 😕

Seriously, there is only ONE plane that I want in MSFS and that's a Dash 8 Q400. I don't care about anything else. It should be forbidden to post rumours about this plane because everytime I see 'Dash' or '8' or 'Q400' I start to drool and lose my ability to think logically and rationally... Please stop torturing me like this!

They have a Dash8 Q400 model at least, there's a picture of it in the sim files, has been since launch. I posted it at the bottom of page 2.

There's also references to Dash8 camera pre-sets in one camera BGL file (but they could be ports from FSX), and a Dash8 model in another, but none of the model viewers, nor the the game itself via the dev mode can display it. So it could be outdated or just not working.

So hopefully that means they will release one eventually.

Edited by Tuskin38

7 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Have you seen the feedback snapshots from MS / Asobo? 

With regard to cooperation - FlyByWire Community Mod - Started - Release 2021.  

It may be in a different structure to the Working Title arrangement, but they want to make connections with the FBW team on some kind of formal basis - there are a few things to sort out of course, but if they do this it would be great for everyone involved.

Yep, I have. That’s been in the Feedback Snapshot since mid-January. It just means FBW is in communication with the team at Asobo and has the ability to gain access to beta releases as a third party partner. They aren’t working directly with Asobo like Working Title is, nor are they employed by Asobo or releasing anything into the sim with the MS team. They are a separate third-party entity. I do think it’d be cool if they were to release an airplane in the base sim, but that’s not what’s happening. Either way, I’m extremely excited for their finalized autopilot / VNAV system for the A320, as well as the A380 that’s in progress!

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

BTW what happened to the Beaver project? I can remember someone working on it but it's been a long time since then and i never heard anything again.

He paused on it to work on a payware project. He stated once that's finished he'll be back working on the Beaver.

• Like 1

James