Sign in to follow this  
ray hughes

I feel almost guilty

Latest version of MSFS 2020 - and the Experimental FBW Autoland mod

My gosh - I am loving this!!! After the Hotfix my GPU is running with lower temps again - the Sim is far smoother - I get the occasional stutter around busy airports but it is brief  - and AI traffic is back,  - Thankls for the hotfix ASOBO!!

As for the FBW A320NX Experimental - Wow!! never have i had so much fun!!  Thanks Gentlemen !! fantastic job!!!

Suddenly I want to take more than one flight a day again -  

With the Change of seasons comes different cloud layers so my early morning, early evening flights,  are spectacular!!

My only slightly negative observation is the brightness is so bright it is difficult to look at  the scenery during a midday flight. 

My two cents..

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ray hughes said:

to take more than one flight a day

Know that feeling. I am zig zagging across Europe with the FBW neo while working in my home office these days or well months

as for the brightness did you try to adjust your settings, ingame or screen? Or do you mean the sun glare in general?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

as for the brightness did you try to adjust your settings, ingame or screen? Or do you mean the sun glare in general?

the brightness in general  - most of the time it is perfect, just sometimes on a bright clear day it  is very glarey ...

• Upvote 1

I feel the same way. Did a short but very enjoyable flight with the WT CJ4.

Smoothness is improved. "Live" weather worked fine. 

re: brightness, the effect on brightness of overcast skys at sunrise/sunset is still way too exaggerated, looks like a gloomy orange nuclear apocalypse - switch to clear skies and it's instantly bright like midday sun

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Agreed my Sim is back in all its glory also

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I consider all of you very lucky; to be so sure of your feelings!

A for me, I don't know if I almost feel guilty or of i feel almost guilty!

I don't even know if it's the same thing.?!

Yes now the flight has become much more enjoyable the new FBW of the experimental version is super enjoyable! There are still concerns but it will come with time.

And I hope Asobo will continue to improve in performance I still had jerks this morning on the approach to Nantes it's less serious than before but there are still some

I'm thinking performance has more to do with FBW than with Asobo here.  I've gone back to the default A320.  Although i think the FBW mod is superb, I'm getting at least 15 FPS more with the default, which is just too much difference.  Though the FBW is a great aircraft, I can't get immersed with all the stuttering.  Has there been any improvement with the experimental build?

5 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

I'm thinking performance has more to do with FBW than with Asobo here.  I've gone back to the default A320.  Although i think the FBW mod is superb, I'm getting at least 15 FPS more with the default, which is just too much difference.  Though the FBW is a great aircraft, I can't get immersed with all the stuttering.  Has there been any improvement with the experimental build?

should give it another go.. the aircraft gets updated every 12 hours or so..  I don't know what system you have but i recently updated mine to use the AMD Ryzen 5000 series and put 32 Gb of ram on the board. My bottleneck is my RTX 2080 8 Gb card.  - doesn't stop the occasional stutter at busy airports but gosh the joy of flying the FBW 320 overrules anything like disapproval for me as the rest of the experience is smooth 95 percent of the time