Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Aerosoft CRJ has been updated

14 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

To be fair to A/S, we can expect 25 updates over the next year or 2.

With none of them ever really fixing the basic issues.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chock said:

It's not the moderators and a decision, it's the entire place all the time and the bunch of sycophants who all pile on any post which they think is being even remotely critical of their messiah. Although frankly, since this is the normal state of affairs there, the moderators don't appear to be doing much about that either. If they sort it out, I might go back there, but until then I'm not going begging to them. The place needs an entire culture change, not an individual rescinded moderator decision.

On the whole, Aerosoft's products are great and I've got no issue with those at all; if they make something good, I buy it. But the attitude on their forums does them no credit at all, and I would not be surprised to learn that it costs them a lot of sales from people who unlike me, are not willing to overlook this aspect of their reputation.

What's changing now though is the sheer number of forums we can go to now.

Avsim, MSFS official, the Devs own forums and Reddit. Also, I find a lot of people discussing stuff on YouTube.

With more fragmentation, no ONE forum has the monopoly it once had.

Bottom line....they need to be a bit more tolerant or their visitor count will fall.. and also its revenue.

I also believe that a lot more devs will be making addons for MSFS than any other sim before. This gives the punter more choice, so the old stalwarts need to pull up their socks.

For me, I've already realised that unless you MUST have the very best airpory sceneries, you may never need to pay 20 bucks for an airport ever again ..... make of that, what you will !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Prpn said:

With none of them ever really fixing the basic issues.

I think the P3D version eventually worked well, but was always an inconsistent performer,  no doubt due to the limitations of P3Ds CPU utilisation.

Time will tell.

The problem that i've noticed on several forums is that if you mention bugs/issues that are not operator error, you'll get some flak sometimes. Even on the CRJ forums a few people mentioned legitimate problems and I kept seeing a few mods/devs mention work-arounds without acknowledging their aircraft had issues. Especially when we first noticed problems with ILS/GS on the CRJ. I felt as though it was dismissed at first.That kind of behavior turns me away instantly from developers. However, just got that Emb 110 from NextGen a few days ago and they are very responsive and want to help. They don't have a chip on their shoulder.

To be fair, I haven't been active on forums for flight sim in a while and after the CRJ it was my first time on their forums. Very dismissive. A lot of "locked" out threads from a mod/dev giving a short answer and leaving.

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Really sloppy with the LNAV tonight... sharp left turn to stay on course when approaching a fix. Lots of S turns just to stay on course. Anyone else experiencing this?

tkQCrJy.jpg

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Like 3

Yes, welcome to the Digital Aviation/Aerosoft CRJ version of LNAV. It has had problems since the very first CRJ X version for FSX/P3D and they have yet to get it right in any subsequent update, P3DV4 release, updates to that, then “Professional” version release, then updates to that and now the MSFS version. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Prpn said:

Yes, welcome to the Digital Aviation/Aerosoft CRJ version of LNAV. It has had problems since the very first CRJ X version for FSX/P3D and they have yet to get it right in any subsequent update, P3DV4 release, updates to that, then “Professional” version release, then updates to that and now the MSFS version. 

yes that is really remarkable. And why I am extremely hesitant of purchasing it yet again (would be the 3rd time, but same issue persists with NAV....)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

4 hours ago, SAS443 said:

yes that is really remarkable. And why I am extremely hesitant of purchasing it yet again (would be the 3rd time, but same issue persists with NAV....)

I’d recommend waiting for at least one more update before deciding. Besides the LNAV still being very hit and miss, right now it can not even fly a basic ILS on autopilot, where freeware addons have no such issues.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Prpn said:

I got into Aerosoft's CRJ on P3D v5 one year ago and I remember our discussions. Yet I've given them another $50 for their MSFS version.

The P3D and MSFS versions seem almost identical in every way, except I get substantially better frame rates on MSFS than P3D which is a huge plus.

Overall, I'm pretty content with the MSFS CRJ, as I prefer commuter jets for making shorter flights to regional airports. The LNAV issue is a shortcoming but I can live with it. ILS has worked for me but I do see other people having issues with it.

Hopefully more complex commuter jets or the Dash 8 are developed in the future, but for now it's pretty much the CRJ or CJ4

Edited by NightOfDreams

Just read 237 posts on the CRJ forums at AS.

It appears that the ILS GS capture works best if you are 'descending as you capture it.'

This is opposed to the usual Altitude hold as you enter from below.

Not ideal, but do-able ... but they say they are working on it.

I also read the FAQ section ...which is a first for me (what's the manual ? ... !!!), and there's actually some interesting and useful stuff in it. One such example... due to the sim's limitations, icing up, will actually increase effective weight/drag of the aircraft,  even if icing effects have been switched off in the settings. So it won't cause pitots to block etc., but will have secondary effects.

Edited by Gabe777
  • Like 1

In the latest release it seems my take off data is not automatically prepopulated on the EFB?  I've setup the weights etc and the FMS is all good to go but the take off speeds all read --- except VFTO (VT) 193 Knots.........hmmmm not had a problem with this before?

Thomas Derbyshire

17 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

Really sloppy with the LNAV tonight... sharp left turn to stay on course when approaching a fix. Lots of S turns just to stay on course. Anyone else experiencing this?

tkQCrJy.jpg

You have left quartering tail wind which obviously create a drift that autopilot is trying to offset 

You gotta do something like that when flying by hands

6-4.jpg

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

You have left quartering tail wind which obviously create a drift that autopilot is trying to offset 

You gotta do something like that when flying by hands

6-4.jpg

nope. this is the familiar LNAV glitch. Take a good look at the compass rose on PFD. CDI is indicating right deflection (White needles, FMS source). Also notice the green track donut vs required LNAV track, it's off by 10 degrees aleady and increasing due to left bank

Conclusion. The AP is turning the opposite way with a 30 degree angle of bank and actually increasing the error.

// former CRJ beta tester. 

• Like 3

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

LNAV and autopilot ILS tracking have been on going issues for the CRJ which the DEV can either not fix or is simply ignoring.  I may have said it here already, but I'll underscore again: No Aerosoft airplane will EVER be installed on my computer again - needless to say this means I'll never purchase any Aerosoft airplanes again.

• Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Is anyone else having problems with the throttles since this update? Whenever I change the throttle -  up, down, a little or a lot, it seems like the engines cut off completely while the throttles are in motion and then once I stop they realize what power they are supposed to be at.