Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Milviz Corsair?

Well... we resized the plane (down about 7%)... but, in doing so, we then realized that we had messed up the contact points and the cameras which then led to realizing that we had messed up the checklists (which are related to camera positions)... so darn it all, we're having to redo the checklists (and the manual) as well.  We are otherwise pretty much done.  As soon as we've done those two items, it will go into internal testing and then out the door, into your hands and, a version that has no weapons (and no "funky" liveries) on to the marketplace.

What a journey this has been.  The team now knows more about radial engines and the aircraft that used them than i think they wanted to... So, calling it the PMDG Corsair by Milviz is, in it's way, a compliment...  and we will take that!

In terms of out the door... we're looking at next week.

I do apologize for the lack of comms but this past week has been crazy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

You said it again....next week 😀

Joking aside thats sounds great news.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 minutes ago, Milviz said:

Well... we resized the plane (down about 7%)... but, in doing so, we then realized that we had messed up the contact points and the cameras which then led to realizing that we had messed up the checklists (which are related to camera positions)... so darn it all, we're having to redo the checklists (and the manual) as well.  We are otherwise pretty much done.  As soon as we've done those two items, it will go into internal testing and then out the door, into your hands and, a version that has no weapons (and no "funky" liveries) on to the marketplace.

What a journey this has been.  The team now knows more about radial engines and the aircraft that used them than i think they wanted to... So, calling it the PMDG Corsair by Milviz is, in it's way, a compliment...  and we will take that!

In terms of out the door... we're looking at next week.

I do apologize for the lack of comms but this past week has been crazy.

Question? with the resizing will curent liveries no longer work?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Milviz said:

The team now knows more about radial engines and the aircraft that used them than i think they wanted to. 

I very much like the sound of that. Does that mean supercharger ? 

6 minutes ago, Milviz said:

. So, calling it the PMDG Corsair by Milviz is, in it's way, a compliment...  and we will take that!

we meant it that way, hey David ?

7 minutes ago, Milviz said:

I do apologize for the lack of comms but this past week has been crazy

Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

We sure did 🙂 Dominique

So... yes on the supercharger.  It now works as it should.  WEP works properly too now but, we had to fudge things a bit.  There's a M (for microphone) on the throttle... we turned that around and made it a W (for WEP) and this must be pushed (used a key) and added a "chain" that must be broken before you can firewall the aircraft.  We didn't add any kind of "memory" to the product but we are looking into this for the Hellcat.  If we do decide to implement that, it will be rolled back into the Corsair as well.  (the memory would be if you used the WEP and didn't get your engine checked... it could blow).

There are a LOT more chances for you to blow the engine.  Lots.

Edited by Milviz
  • Like 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Good to learn that working on the supercharger gave the team a  greater knowledge of a big radial like the Double WASP. It gives the Corsair the potential to be a cruising aircraft.

Now if you have time, paste a GPS in a small window somewhere visible and we will have an aircraft I am sure as good as the A2A P-51 civilian was. I do not even ask for an auto-pilot. See how reasonable I am 😃.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

We have something more... "realistic"...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Milviz said:

We have something more... "realistic"...

Can't wait 😁

• Like 1

Dominique

The same for us.

• Like 2

All I want from the update is for my altimeter to work - still displays red bars when I jump in (maybe some serious finger trouble on my part!!) - but getting sick of ATC saying I'm inbound @ minus one thousand four hundred feet!!

Having said that I rarely fly above 1000' with it anyway - I do love cruising at very low altitudes

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

Is it possible to ad some VOR or at least NDB navigation instruments or would this be historical unrealistic? 

Edited by Usvart

33 minutes ago, Usvart said:

Is it possible to ad some VOR or at least NDB navigation instruments or would this be historical unrealistic? 

Unrealistic ? I don't think so. In any case, this aircraft cannot be flown as intended in WW2 and the following years for many reasons, one is that MSFS is a civilian simulator. Another reason is that the beacon system of the 40 and 50s is no more.

Today it is flown as a cruiser and  it does indeed need a nav suite, even rudimentary. NDB are vanishing fast. VOR/DME  ? Why not ?  The P-51 of A2A (P3D)  or the new DC-6 from PMDG (MSFS)  have a GPS. Anachronism ? Nope, common sense.  What makes the aircraft what it is, is the flight and engine modeling not its capacity to get you lost  😆 !

Dominique

8 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Unrealistic ? I don't think so. In any case, this aircraft cannot be flown as intended in WW2 and the following years for many reasons, one is that MSFS is a civilian simulator. Another reason is that the beacon system of the 40 and 50s is no more.

Today it is flown as a cruiser and  it does indeed need a nav suite, even rudimentary. NDB are vanishing fast. VOR/DME  ? Why not ?  The P-51 of A2A (P3D)  or the new DC-6 from PMDG (MSFS)  have a GPS. Anachronism ? Nope, common sense.  What makes the aircraft what it is, is the flight and engine modeling not its capacity to get you lost  😆 !

That's because the DC-6 or DC-3 that are still flying today have been retrofit with a more modern GPS unit.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, Usvart said:

A lot of WW2 aircraft are retrofitted with contemporary gauges such as GPS, VOR, and so on. So I'd say it pretty realistic unless we are talking about WW2  simulator!

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI