Sign in to follow this  
joe cooper

SPITFIRE out NOW!!

This livery I am using has a real meaning to me after seeing this very aircraft being restored.

Liverys and yes the two make sence when you know why 🙂 This guy did an amazing job on them.

https://flightsim.to/file/13859/spitfire-mk-ix-pt879-factory-delivered and https://flightsim.to/file/13861/spitfire-mk-ix-pt879-restored

Lots of vid's on it but here is just one.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If you are really into Spitfires and want to know A LOT more about them, then I can recommend this book. It has some of the best pictures of Spitfires in bits which you will ever see and it is full of loads of really cool information about them too. Well worth it if you are a Spitfire nerd. You should see the state of some of the wrecks which end up getting restored to flying condition; some of them are basically a box full of rotting bits.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I ask myself why do I need a GA aircraft when I have this? 😉😜🙂

Super fast 300mph, amazing views, wonderfull TO and Landings that have meaning and not a ZZzzz. I see no down sides. I use a iPad with navigraph so its like a "carry on" nav aid thats really not a streach from IRL. 😀

Another stunning flight done from Morroco to Gib.

Screenshot-1210.png

Screenshot-1211.png

Screenshot-1212.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Lovely pics. Quite right, a  nice cruiser that leaves you in charge. Couldn't fly today, not even install the rc2. Here is one from yesterday which is my desktop background of today. The Spit leaving Samos.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.05.24 - 17.24.21.95

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I hate that new fuel tank. 😡

Empty before you click fly.🙂

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

I noticed also that AI Spit's no longer sit on the ground with their tail wheels in the air after this update.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

21 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

I noticed also that AI Spit's no longer sit on the ground with their tail wheels in the air after this update.

Indeed.   Mine now sit with the tail wheel sunk into the ground!

11 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Indeed.   Mine now sit with the tail wheel sunk into the ground!

Haha, yes I have noticed that too. From one extreme to the other....

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

can anybody help me with the Spit - my shortest flight to date after the update is 5mins 20 secs - longest is 7min 45secs - what happens is that the manifold pressure just drops to zero & I have to find somewhere to land/ditch!!(none have been succesful)

I go through the start up & pre T/O checks - blast off & bingo fuel very quickly - I don't fill the belly tank - but fill both the others - the interesting thing is that the fuel gauge reads empty - press the little button & shows full for the lower tank.

Obviously I have some sort of advanced finger trouble - can somebody help an old pilot to sort out his stupidity

see ya

Rattso

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

Make sure the fuel pump is on (switch located lower left under the trim wheel). Also you may need to use the pressure switch under the fuel gauge to ensure fuel tank pressure is maintained since fuel is drawn from the lower tank, you can also use the wobble pump to increase pressure on aeroplanes equipped with a Merlin 66.

A problem can be that if you don't do some of those things, the engine will cut out when you get above a certain altitude since there isn't enough ambient air pressure acting on the fuel in order to force the fuel to feed the carburettor. The altitude where that low ambient pressure induced fuel starvation might occur, depends on the atmospheric pressure at the time, but it could potentially occur at altitudes as low down as about 8,000 feet when the ambient pressure is low, although probably up at 14,000 feet or so is a more typically average figure for this occurring.

If it does happen, you should be able to restart the engine at a lower altitude, although obviously if you get all the pumps going etc, you might be able to get it going without descending.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Anyone notice the prop still "wobbles" slightly when viewing from outside the cockpit?

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

If you forget to empty the horrible belly fuel tank, takeoff and pull this.....🙂

Screenshot-1213.png

• Like 2

The flight dynamics have really changed, it's a much more docile aeroplane now. Certainly takeoffs are easier than ever, even though I wound on rudder trim while playing about earlier I'm sure there was almost no swing on takeoff.

Does the belly tank disappear if you don't fill it?

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

4 minutes ago, lambourne said:

Does the belly tank disappear if you don't fill it?

Yup.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury