Sign in to follow this  
joe cooper

SPITFIRE out NOW!!

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Throttle off to get down below 160mph, Flaps down then boost back to 0 then gear down.

Isn’t it gear down at 160 and then flaps at 140?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Isn’t it gear down at 160 and then flaps at 140?

It can be. Try both and see what you like best.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

17 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Now my recommendation of the day : Do a pattern flight around LGTH Thiva in Greece.  Great landscape with a lake and hills.  Your chance to do a take off at a boost of 12 and to break your neck at landing. The kind of strip where you have to do everything perfectly right (speed, pitch, situational awareness) or die.  

Good suggestion!   Seems i chose the wrong time of day to try it though.  Almost no wind so i could choose either approach. It was either the tricky landing over the hill or landing blinded by the sun. 

After having to abort the landing twice over the hill i decided landing blind was the better option 😄  Got her down both attempts though with only a few feet to spare at the end of the runway.  No room for error here!

Due to you suggesting this i ended up finding a ton of makeovers for Greek airports on Flightsim.to  so now a full exploration of Greece is in order!  

Where do I get the update?  I bought this via the MS store and have yet to see the update posted.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Where do I get the update?  I bought this via the MS store and have yet to see the update posted.

Updates on the store always tend to arrive much later.  Thats why i always buy direct from the developers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Can someone please look at there FI 

D:\MSFS\Community\flyingiron-spitfire\SimObjects\Airplanes\flyingiron_spitfire

Cameras

My Default view is off set to the left? (MSFS camera are all at 50%)

Screenshot-1279.png

Have a look please to see if you have the same

Screenshot-1280.png

Should that -0.884 be 0.000 ?

Also which one could I edit to move view point forward, I do it with MSFS default no big deal but would be nice to set in here if possable.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You look well back from where you should be David.

I use Tack IR and the default Spit POV is about a foot back from where it should be.

Move in closer so the front of the canopy is just a few inches in front of your bonedome.

(I'm looking sightly to the right in this one but Aft'- Fwd' view is about right.)

spit1.jpg

Could you please look at your camera file and show me what your looks like please.

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Could you please look at your camera file and show me what your looks like please.

My camera file is the same as yours. 

I'm not offset in the cockpit though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Moose said:

My camera file is the same as yours. 

I'm not offset in the cockpit though.

Same settings here in the camera.cfg. A built-in offset to the left.

[VIEWS]
eyepoint = -1, -0.884, 1.5 ; (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

I don't see one on my rig though, because I do customize the four main views with the CTRL-ALT X procedure.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam