Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Fixed reduction of tree display..

52 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Been reading about these tree debates, and here is what I don't understand. If you are flying at say 4000 feet which is almost a mile high and you are looking out at the horizon for trees, say 5 miles away, that means you are almost 6 miles from that tree. The average height of a tree is around 100 feet. How does one expect to see something 100 feet high from 6 miles away???

http://biorefinery.utk.edu/technical_reviews/Tree Size.pdf

while we dont agree on everything, this I can agree with. Never seen so many people crying about tree size and lod like they can actually see these things in real life while flying so high and with haze lol

4 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Yes we have seen this now often enough. It wont get better by ranting about it a hundred times. Report to Zendesk.

I have already made my report and my comment was not intended for you.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Just now, filou said:

I have already made my report and my comment was not intended for you.

We all know what we are talking about here. But constant whining and debating will not help anybody with anything. Report and hope for future improvements.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

2 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

We all know what we are talking about here. But constant whining and debating will not help anybody with anything. Report and hope for future improvements.

I repeat that it is intended for people who have not understood..

• Like 3

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

2 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I think you're wrong.

The more people and louder the message, the higher chance of Asobo fixing it. 

• Like 6

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Just now, Republic3D said:

I think you're wrong.

The more people and louder the message, the higher chance of Asobo fixing it. 

Did that ever help in the past in regards of MSFS? I mean....we all went haywire after the first time the tree LOD was wrecked and two updates later its still the same....

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Just now, Virtual Flight Realm said:

Hope is not the good way... With WU 4 Microsoft has again restricted the display distance. Xbox version is coming and downgrade also...

I guess you'll have to stick with p3d then lol

Just now, ThomseN_inc said:

Did that ever help in the past in regards of MSFS? I mean....we all went haywire after the first time the tree LOD was wrecked and two updates later its still the same....

Yes and they said they would fix it. And then they didn't. As far as we know, it was fixed in the beta. 

So the solution is not "we have a problem, let's not talk about it". It's to continue delivering the message that this is not okay.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Just now, Republic3D said:

Yes and they said they would fix it. And then they didn't. As far as we know, it was fixed in the beta. 

So the solution is not "we have a problem, let's not talk about it". It's to continue delivering the message that this is not okay.

So it didn't help anyting...

5 minutes ago, filou said:

I repeat that it is intended for people who have not understood..

Filou,  In what aircraft and where do you most of your sim flighing??

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Yes the most important problem before the trees Radius is to tell us that it has been repaired while nothing to change

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

5280 ft is a mile high, 4000ft is only .75 of a mile, so not what I would call "almost". Unless 25% out is close?

Go out and look to the horizon if they are trees they you can, if you have normal eye sight see them, they are 3 miles away when you even go up to FL 360 IRL you can still see trees countless miles away. You logic is terrable. Or do you think at 10,000 ft you can only see trees upto 3 miles away? OR when at 7,000ft you can only see to even 10 miles out! ?

Height [feet] Distance Horizon [miles]
7000 102,5
8000 109,6
9000 116,2
10000 122,5

At flightlevel 360 you can see individual trees??   Wow.....   I can maybe see a forrest. Where did you have your eyes done?

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

2 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

Filou,  In what aircraft and where do you most of your sim flighing??

With this tree radius problem. I sold all the small planes and I only  fly now with A320 FBW to the moon

• Like 1