Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Fixed reduction of tree display..

When I realize this old XP11 is able to ridicule MSFS in this area.

Today MSFS reminds me of old lifeless satellite photos where you have to be at 2500 feet to start feeling the pleasure rising.

There is a small trap in my list of photos, do like this was a competition game🚮

cAoLVxo.jpg

i6mwe7o.jpgV1VRE8X.jpg

Q1zs74B.jpg

DXTJOGV.jpg

NeqhWOt.jpg

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

53 minutes ago, AnkH said:

You could not be more wrong: there were several attempts to do this in the gaming industry, all suffering from a more or less huge sh*storm. Just google "E3 downgrade" for example. Even Microsoft had already to explain themselves once, so I really wonder why they continue to show trailers from a superior variant of the sim. Water masks anyone?

So i was right. Its a common thing and MSFS is no exception. Read first.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

59 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Stating factual claims and stating opinions are two different things. Your "truth" is just a guess, an opinion, not objective. That's what the rolling eyes are about.

Ok, I see, and I understand your point.  Reading it back I didn't like it actually.  Luckily I was in the time limit to go back and edit the post and rephrase it.

Rather than just disagree with my comment though and shoot it down, I would be glad to know what your take on it is, as a lot of us don't understand the disparity between what Asobo are saying and what they are doing regarding this issue.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

18 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

So i was right. Its a common thing and MSFS is no exception. Read first.

Understand first: it is NOT a common thing, although done by some devs, they all paid the price for doing so. Counting the vast numbers of AAA games in the last years where it was NOT done, your conclusion is wrong...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

44 minutes ago, filou said:

There is a small trap in my list of photos, do like this was a competition game🚮

Your screenshots show how capable all three simulators are as of today with the correct addons. But at least for me, the MSFS screenshots are always easy to recognize because they have the most natural lighting looks in it. Add clouds and they are even easier to recognize...

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Let's face it - they don't seem to like us messing with 'their' sim, especially with the xbox coming out.

See, now I can live with it. 🙂 I just really don't like people claiming stuff as if it is a proven fact when in reality it is only an assumption. Sometimes I make short, sarcastic comments when I experience this. I apologize, I could have explained better.

Edited by crimplene
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Excuse me?

Not just you and not just this thread...  Unfortunately the ability to have polite and respectful conversation without attacking others seems to be lost on some this morning... 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Another one getting ready for shutdown??  Clean it up, guys or you can sit there and talk to your hand! :ph34r:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Your screenshots show how capable all three simulators are as of today with the correct addons. But at least for me, the MSFS screenshots are always easy to recognize because they have the most natural lighting looks in it. Add clouds and they are even easier to recognize...

I have tried XP 11 several times, and there is no way I would waste hard drive space with it after flying MSFS 2020. Just my opinion. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

This is mad. So there are too many trees where there shouldn't be any (deserts, in the water at beaches etc the top of a mountain where trees could not physically grow) and not enough trees where they should be.

Does the "tree" setting on the graphics settings page adjust the tree resolution quality or does it just adjust the amount of trees? Or both? Any idea? I hadn't really noticed any issues with the trees until I saw it mentioned in the release notes for this update.

It would have been nice if MS had coded a "mask" to prevent trees spawning above a certain altitude in certain areas (and on the waterline at sea level).

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

8 minutes ago, TrafficPilot said:

Does the "tree" setting on the graphics settings page adjust the tree resolution quality or does it just adjust the amount of trees? Or both? Any idea?

The Trees setting affects the quality of the tree models (the biggest change happens going from Low to Medium), and also the tree density and draw distance. The draw distance is also affected by the Terrain Level of Detail slider.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

The Trees setting affects the quality of the tree models (the biggest change happens going from Low to Medium), and also the tree density and draw distance. The draw distance is also affected by the Terrain Level of Detail slider.

Thank you for the nice clear explanation!

FSUK.jpg

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

Water masks anyone?

Almost all of which are in the sim now.

Edited by Tuskin38

6 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Let's face it - they don't seem to like us messing with 'their' sim, especially with the xbox coming out.

That makes zero freaking sense. It’s probably just a bug.

Well I increasingly get the feeling that we're all now unofficial beta testers for the XBOX version of this software.

FSUK.jpg