Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Fixed reduction of tree display..

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

Does Beta NDA apply to a version thats been released? - surely you can talk about a version that is now public.

Was the Tree LOD rendering fixed in the beta version you guys tested?

The NDA still applies to original Alpha and Beta testers - one reason I will not provide MS with testing again.

Edited by Matchstick

4 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

one reason I will not provide MS with testing again.

That's a silly reason.

Lots of companies do that.

Look at upside DCS World 2.7 is out tomorrow

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

That's a silly reason.

Lots of companies do that.

I've never been in a Alpha or Beta test where the NDA has persisted after release and if I'd know that would happen I wouldn't have volunteered my time to help.

• Like 1

Call me crazy but maybe this fixes the issue that made the Tree LOD mod not work?  The default tree LOD has been bad since day one.  I'd be curious to hear from anyone that has tried out the mods that were actually doing the trick of extending the LOD.  I will of course try when my download finishes...might be a while at this rate!

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I tested the fsblog and the fs.to tree LOD mods before they went bust. I preferred the fsblog one but holy heck they did wonders. The default tree LOD has always been bad; I interpreted this fix as "we won't cap your LOD even with mods anymore". I'm trying the same tree LOD mods again.

• Like 1

This is with the Tree Fix mode(40-55) and LOD 200

Ey4xabsVUAANt4g?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

7 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

This is with the Tree Fix mode(40-55) and LOD 200

Ey4xabsVUAANt4g?format=jpg&name=4096x409

That doesn't look too bad...  Of course the sim looks worse in flat, wooded landscapes...  But I'd hazard a guess something has been changed, it's just up to us to figure out what? 

They said something about trees over 20 meters tall are now being plotted twice as far out. The smaller trees are removed since they would just blend in with the terrain at far distances.

2021-04-13-18-07-07-Microsoft-Flight-Sim

Edited by espent

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I tried the LOD fix that I was using before the patch that broke it from the Flightsim.to website and can confirm there is no difference at all with the mod...

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, espent said:

They said something about trees over 20 meters tall are now being plotted twice as far out. The smaller trees are removed since they would just blend in with the terrain at far distances.

Sure.  That is what they said, but it obviously isn't working very well.

Maybe it is just another error and they forgot to upload the actual fix, it wouldn't be the first time it has happened.

20 metres is going some though. They should have just reverted it to how it was. I had no significant performance impact with it and I run an old 1080Ti.  Some strange decisions being made!

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

And “where will the sim be in 3 years?

Nowhere!!!  These people really seem to lie thru there teeth. This has happened before now...
I wasted my time watching that “bleeping” q/@ bs. 
I want to have patience with things, but when people lie, just “ bleeps” me off!

Aaaaaaarrrrggggggg!

Smile:-]

42 minutes ago, KJANRBeard said:

And “where will the sim be in 3 years?

Nowhere!!!  These people really seem to lie thru there teeth. This has happened before now...
I wasted my time watching that “bleeping” q/@ bs. 
I want to have patience with things, but when people lie, just “ bleeps” me off!

Aaaaaaarrrrggggggg!

Smile:-]

There are plenty of hobbies around. If this one wakes these feelings it might be time to look for something new. 

• Like 6

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //