Sign in to follow this  
Roman Design

CYOW Ottawa International Airport is available

12 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

it was posted in a couple of Facebook groups including the OFC group and another local area flying groups :)...

Couple asked about if CYRP could be done :)....  One thing about Ottawa it is pretty small yet we have 4 really close airports with CYOW, CYRP, CYND and CYRO... Then there is Arnprior just a smidge away at 26 NM....

I loved seeing it so well done... 🙂

Thanks. I haven't made a decision about what to do next. Depends on CYOW sales and what other developers are doing...

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

On 4/29/2021 at 11:37 AM, Roman Design said:

Thanks. I haven't made a decision about what to do next. Depends on CYOW sales and what other developers are doing...

Sounds good to me ...  After MTT returns from Paint maybe you can add it to the OFC Ramp 😉

Les O'Reilly

21 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

Sounds good to me ...  After MTT returns from Paint maybe you can add it to the OFC Ramp 😉

I don't know what you just said LOL

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]

My CYOW Ottawa International 1.2 is has been released in MSFS in-game Marketplace. If you were holding out until you can conveniently buy it right inside the sim - wait no more, you can do it now. You would still get updates earlier if you buy it on my website, and I would not have to pay sales commission 🙂 But of course I understand people that prefer the convenience of keeping everything under one roof.

cbb36008f56dcc41c03233e146ce482abd25230a

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Roman Design said:

I don't know what you just said LOL

C-GMTT is the Reg for our Sierra...  It is off being painted at lovely Centralia, Ontario....  Maybe for an update you would drop it in the scenery :)...  But after paint since it will be a new scheme..

Les O'Reilly

16 hours ago, Roman Design said:

My CYOW Ottawa International 1.2 is has been released in MSFS in-game Marketplace. If you were holding out until you can conveniently buy it right inside the sim - wait no more, you can do it now. You would still get updates earlier if you buy it on my website, and I would not have to pay sales commission 🙂 But of course I understand people that prefer the convenience of keeping everything under one roof.

cbb36008f56dcc41c03233e146ce482abd25230a

Just bought all three of your airports, Roman, unfortunately from the marketplace, due to the sheer convenience of it. Love them all! Keep it up! Thanks for your hard work and dedication. 

Edited by saifs

I would have preferred to buy thru the marketplace but got the impression this might be weeks or months out. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 hours ago, saifs said:

Roman, unfortunately from the marketplace, due to the sheer convenience of it. Love them all! Keep it up! Thanks for your hard work and dedication. 

Of course, I understand the convenience, that's why it's there 🙂 That's why I notified here about it. I know some people only buy from the marketplace, and I understand the appeal.

33 minutes ago, Noel said:

I would have preferred to buy thru the marketplace but got the impression this might be weeks or months out. 

I thought so too: last time with CYKZ it took more than 1.5 months since my release to get to the marketplace, and I was lucky enough not to be needing to to any modifications based on QA feedback. I submitted CYOW around April 14th. It's much more complicated project, so I expected QA issues and resubmitting, maybe more than once. This time I wasn't given any ETAs and then when I released 1.2 I re-uploaded the image to MS and I asked for ETA again, it was like "Oh, yes, it's targeted for release in 3 days, barring any stopping QA issues. We'll try to patch in 1.2 version quickly". And then they re-ingested 1.2 and QA cleared it and released literally within 3 days from my 1.2 release. Totally unexpected. Lightning fast release, great job MS/Asobo! Still it's about 3 weeks from uploading the initial release for the queue. So even if I'm very lucky with any future updates, they will realistically be 3-4 weeks behind in the marketplace. Which could be a big deal, if MSFS update breaks something seriously and something needs to be changed ASAP.

3 minutes ago, Roman Design said:

Of course, I understand the convenience, that's why it's there 🙂 That's why I notified here about it. I know some people only buy from the marketplace, and I understand the appeal.

I thought so too: last time with CYKZ it took more than 1.5 months since my release to get to the marketplace, and I was lucky enough not to be needing to to any modifications based on QA feedback. I submitted CYOW around April 14th. It's much more complicated project, so I expected QA issues and resubmitting, maybe more than once. This time I wasn't given any ETAs and then when I released 1.2 I re-uploaded the image to MS and I asked for ETA again, it was like "Oh, yes, it's targeted for release in 3 days, barring any stopping QA issues. We'll try to patch in 1.2 version quickly". And then they re-ingested 1.2 and QA cleared it and released literally within 3 days from my 1.2 release. Totally unexpected. Lightning fast release, great job MS/Asobo! Still it's about 3 weeks from uploading the initial release for the queue. So even if I'm very lucky with any future updates, they will realistically be 3-4 weeks behind in the marketplace. Which could be a big deal, if MSFS update breaks something seriously and something needs to be changed ASAP.

Just a clarification if you will please.  If something happened to Roman Designs, God forbid, will what I download from your site still be installable?  Thanks

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

30 minutes ago, Noel said:

Just a clarification if you will please.  If something happened to Roman Designs, God forbid, will what I download from your site still be installable?  Thanks

I like your optimism 🙂 Yes, once you download the file, there is nothing preventing you from using it forever thereafter. No registration or unlock code that can expire or stop working etc. if that's what you mean. 

• Upvote 1

Outstanding work!! I had created the free version on FlightSim but your version is way more better! Just bought it and WOW!! Good job!

• Like 1

There's a nice video review if CYOW by FilbertFlies channel: 

• Like 1

I released an update of all my airports. It's available on my website, and will soon be released on MSFS marketplace. There are some improvements, bug fixing, new lighting, Sim Update V and XBox compatibility fixes...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roman Design said:

I released an update of all my airports. It's available on my website, and will soon be released on MSFS marketplace. There are some improvements, bug fixing, new lighting, Sim Update V and XBox compatibility fixes...

It may have already been mentioned in this massive thread, and not to take away from the original topic (from April lol), but any confirmation that you GTA enhancement pack is compatible with SU5 (I know it’s a lot of work,  just curious that’s all)

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

2 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

It may have already been mentioned in this massive thread, and not to take away from the original topic (from April lol), but any confirmation that you GTA enhancement pack is compatible with SU5 (I know it’s a lot of work,  just curious that’s all)

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Hi, as far as I know it's compatible. I'm not planning any updates on my free packs, but they are all installed in my MSFS and I think I flew in Toronto since SU5 - they are compatible, as far as I know. Worst case - run a renaming tool with MSFS addon linker utility, in case they conflict with anything else (they shouldn't).

• Like 1