Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

JF Arrow DME Issue

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

All of a sudden, the DME display will not light up in the Arrow 3. It was working a week or so ago. I suspect the latest update, anyone else see this? 

Edited by Bobsk8

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020   FlyVirtual.net    Piper Seminole

Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    Mooney JF Arrow 3

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Works fine here . Did you turn it on? Also do you have any biding for avionic switch?


flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Works fine here . Did you turn it on? Also do you have any biding for avionic switch?

I turned it on, and no bindings for avionics that I know of, will have to check if there is one for DME , GPS works fine ( 530) 


Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020   FlyVirtual.net    Piper Seminole

Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    Mooney JF Arrow 3

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I turned it on, and no bindings for avionics that I know of, will have to check if there is one for DME , GPS works fine ( 530) 

Can you ty to go to JF tablet and recycle GPS config? It helped me once bring avionic alive!


flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Can you ty to go to JF tablet and recycle GPS config? It helped me once bring avionic alive!

Tried that, NG, DME is as dead as a door nail. Did you use the 4.0a upgrade or just 4.0...? Anyway, I put a ticket in with JF. 


Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020   FlyVirtual.net    Piper Seminole

Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    Mooney JF Arrow 3

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Tried that, NG, DME is as dead as a door nail. Did you use the 4.0a upgrade or just 4.0...? Anyway, I put a ticket in with JF. 

Frankly I'm not sure I have to check. I updated next day after receiving JF email


flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

DME is as dead as a door nail.

4.0a here and DME is alive and kicking.. :cool:


Bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now everything is working.. 

 

 


Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020   FlyVirtual.net    Piper Seminole

Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    Mooney JF Arrow 3

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

4.0a here and DME is alive and kicking.. :cool:

You've got a new profile pic!!!

  • Like 1

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t know there was a 4.0a update. What’s changed? I only have 4.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That indeed is a good question. No changelog for 0.4.0a.

An regarding the DME. Is it possible that you are using the GNS530 layout? The DME is misplaced and overlapped by the ADF unit. Thats a bug for sure. Attached you will see a screenshot with the very small clickspot to activate it. Sadly one can't fix the panel.cfg anymore with ease like in the past. Same goes why the hell is the Garmin 100 on the side of the 750? Makes no sense at all. Hope the next update will fix it.

Cheers

Thorsten

unknown.png?width=1202&height=676

Edited by Torsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Torsen said:

That indeed is a good question. No changelog for 0.4.0a.

An regarding the DME. Is it possible that you are using the GNS530 layout? The DME is misplaced and overlapped by the ADF unit. Thats a bug for sure. Attached you will see a screenshot with the very small clickspot to activate it. Sadly one can't fix the panel.cfg anymore with ease like in the past. Same goes why the hell is the Garmin 100 on the side of the 750? Makes no sense at all. Hope the next update will fix it.

Cheers

Thorsten

unknown.png?width=1202&height=676

You are right, I never noticed that switch cause it is overlapped  by the ADF below it. I guess when I reinstalled it, the default was back on. Somehow it had turned itself off. 


Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020   FlyVirtual.net    Piper Seminole

Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    Mooney JF Arrow 3

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    47%
    $11,790.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...