Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

KB5001330 Windows 10

29 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Which server is the one causing stutters? Which one works for you?

West Europe usually being the fastest I switched to the next best which was North Europe

• Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

49 minutes ago, DAD said:

West Europe usually being the fastest I switched to the next best which was North Europe

Thanks, good to know in case I get the stutters! I rarely fly with online traffic, so probably it doesn't matter too much... Also flying on West Europe server by default, so I'll look into it.

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

14 hours ago, jarmstro said:

No noticeable difference with this update for me,

Same here. MSFS or P3D both still perform the same. Also some games i have here, no changes.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 hours ago, pstrub said:

Thanks, good to know in case I get the stutters! I rarely fly with online traffic, so probably it doesn't matter too much... Also flying on West Europe server by default, so I'll look into it.

Just helped again when departing EKCH for ESGG. Stop and go slideshow during takeoff run with MP active. Changed server and it continued smooth, arrival at ESGG in about 15 min 😉

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

No difference that I can see.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

No difference for me either.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

This Def made a difference to my system, eliminated the stutters & stops approaching cities & airports, also much smoother as well.

UPS123.png

10 hours ago, DAD said:

Just helped again when departing EKCH for ESGG. Stop and go slideshow during takeoff run with MP active. Changed server and it continued smooth, arrival at ESGG in about 15 min 😉

So you can switch during a flight...I didn't know that.   So I am on the west coast US so I suppose trying one of the servers in Europe is pointless.......

18 minutes ago, marcg11 said:

So you can switch during a flight...I didn't know that.   So I am on the west coast US so I suppose trying one of the servers in Europe is pointless.......

Yep you can switch them once you hit ESC to get to the menu options. Just click top right on your Xbox profile name. I would not suggest any EUR server when actually located in the US but hey, just give it a try

Phil Leaven

I uninstalled this Win update but it made no difference on the core problem I have now which began w/ WU3 and/or WU4, and that is performance is usually great for the first 2/3 of a flight, then it just flat out starts going into the toilet such that I end up not landing.  One positive result was signing out of MSFS, then signing back in almost completely eliminate the spinning loading gif which was happening almost continuously a few flights back.  Things have gotten so bad I'm starting to think maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall the whole banana.   My hardware is rock stable, but MSFS really has gone south for me finally.  And it's possible next time up may revert back to good, who knows.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 hours ago, Noel said:

One positive result was signing out of MSFS, then signing back in almost completely eliminate the spinning loading gif which was happening almost continuously a few flights back.

I was getting the continually spinning disc a while back and it corresponded with poor performance. I would like to know exactly what the disc signifies? Some say when it's downloading data but it also spins when you rebuild the rolling cache? So I think it may signify disc activity or data being swapped around? All is running fine for me at the moment. I changed my swap file setting back to Let Windows Decide for all disks but whether that's got anything to do with it it I don't know.

Not specifically related to degrading performance which I do not see but the stop and go slideshow at airports with multiplayer enabled: I zendesked it and MS replied now that they are aware of this issue and investigate a solution, until then they recommend to disable multiplayer....

• Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

Microsoft has released an emergency fix for gaming issues introduced by the Windows 10 2004 and Windows 10 20H2 KB5001330 update.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-pushes-emergency-fix-for-windows-10-kb5001330-gaming-issues/

Note: The article above mentions that the issue with KB5001330 appears to mainly affect those with multiple monitors. Which would explain why I did not see the issue.

...jim

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

So thats why the fix worked for me. I run FS in full screen mode and with multiple monitors. Thanks for your post.

Don

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals