Sign in to follow this  
captain420

I miss the realair lancair legacy so much

It almost seems like a lot of the custom airports in P3D were higher quality than they are for FS 2020. I see a lot of low res textures being used, but maybe my eyes are just used to higher res graphics at this point.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

2 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

It almost seems like a lot of the custom airports in P3D were higher quality than they are for FS 2020. I see a lot of low res textures being used, but maybe my eyes are just used to higher res graphics at this point.

Not!  lol

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It’s an awesome bird, one of my all time favorites. Let’s hope it arrives some day in MSFS.

Edit: and yeah, XP11 is an awful sim too, terrible scenery, totally worthless, wasted years of my life on that word not allowed. just appalling really. /sarcasm

To be honest, I’ve barely used XP since august last year. Not because it’s so bad. But because I find MSFS so much more enjoyable in so many ways. Is it perfect? Of course not. Not yet at least.

Wcvtoxk.jpg

I would wager on the Duke! A bit more!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Excellent plane.  I hope to see the realair lancair legacy or a comparable version, in MSFS, some day.

• Like 2

Alexander Alonso

I flew it so much that I  got sick of it .  Always loved the RealAir Legacy though.

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

All the precedent versions have forced me to leave behind some aircraft I really liked to fly. It comes with the territory.

You move from one sim to another and have to give up your favorites. Some may be reborn (my A2A Texan T-6 or Comanche or SW An-2), some will not, gone forever (my Lotus L-39 !). The nice thing is that you always find new favorites as good and often better than the old ones.

A flight simmer’s philosophy 😁

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Was my favorite airplane in P3D....Hope someone might be able to bring something similar to MSFS...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Yup the F355s costly "mandatory engine out" maintenance service intimidated tons of potential used market buyers.

And the worst part is that even if you have the tools and knowhow to save money by doing the work yourself, you can't. Because if you ever go to sell it and the potential buyer sees that a non-Ferrari-certified mechanic so much as looked at it, the value drops off a cliff.

I always do find it funny when people use Ferrari as the aspiration point for a solid, well-thought-out, and reliable build.  Like... Probably want to use a Lexus or something for those metrics. 😉

• Like 1

Seeing the level of anger in the negative comments about Vertigo is really sad.

It's a free thing, you're allowed not to like it, but being insulting and mean is unnecessary.

Especially when the real aircraft it is inspired by can climb at 7000 fpm in real life, flies in air races, and does cross county flights as well.

Totally reasonable to say that a crazy high performance one off aircraft is not your cup of tea....no need to be mean.  It does take a lot of work to stay "ahead of the aircraft" with a turboprop and only G3Xs for the cockpit.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

It's a free thing, you're allowed not to like it, but being insulting and mean is unnecessary.

Especially when the real aircraft it is inspired by can climb at 7000 fpm in real life, flies in air races, and does cross county flights as well.

Totally reasonable to say that a crazy high performance one off aircraft is not your cup of tea....no need to be mean.  It does take a lot of work to stay "ahead of the aircraft" with a turboprop and only G3Xs for the cockpit.  

Definitely.  You can also fly it realistically by adhering to airspeed limits for your country.  I've been able to land in a crosswind unlike some other payware addons.  Sure it's not perfect but it's a quality addon that can almost do it all (maybe except land on a dime like the Bell 47).

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

(maybe except land on a dime like the Bell 47).

Well, I've gotten it into Saba with room to spare!  The thing's beta range is almost like trapping on a carrier. If you get the landing just right you'll get it slowed down before the turnoff.

3 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Definitely.  You can also fly it realistically by adhering to airspeed limits for your country.  I've been able to land in a crosswind unlike some other payware addons.  Sure it's not perfect but it's a quality addon that can almost do it all (maybe except land on a dime like the Bell 47).

I third the above. I enjoy the airplane. It has my favorite characteristic. It's fast! I thank the developer(s) for a job well done.

• Like 2

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

7 hours ago, eslader said:

And the worst part is that even if you have the tools and knowhow to save money by doing the work yourself, you can't. Because if you ever go to sell it and the potential buyer sees that a non-Ferrari-certified mechanic so much as looked at it, the value drops off a cliff.

I always do find it funny when people use Ferrari as the aspiration point for a solid, well-thought-out, and reliable build.  Like... Probably want to use a Lexus or something for those metrics. 😉

Here’s an old good read.

This 355 for sale was prime example of such.

They ripped the owner to shreds for his DIY modifications🤣

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/1995-ferrari-355-berlinetta-35k-miles.430911/

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old/836789-1995-ferrari-355-berlinetta-37k-miles-48-000-a.html

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

23 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Here’s an old good read.

This 355 for sale was prime example of such.

They ripped the owner to shreds for his DIY modifications🤣

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/1995-ferrari-355-berlinetta-35k-miles.430911/

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old/836789-1995-ferrari-355-berlinetta-37k-miles-48-000-a.html

OMG. "I just cut the crossmember to make room" is not something you ever want to read in any "how I serviced my car before I tried to sell it to you" post. 😄

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 8:24 AM, captain420 said:

Cause those are old and outdated sims and I deleted them a long time ago for MSFS. Plus how can you even go back to those sims after flying in MSFS? It's like driving a ferrari and then going back to a mustang. MSFS has spoiled me.

Personally, I will take the Mustang. Seen the new Shelbys lately?

• Like 1