Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Now this is an interesting UFO documentary.

Full account here...

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/39913/multiple-destroyers-were-swarmed-by-mysterious-drones-off-california-over-numerous-nights

"During the evening encounters, as many as six aircraft were reported swarming around the ships at once. The drones were described as flying for prolonged periods in low-visibility conditions, and performing brazen maneuvers over the Navy warships near a sensitive military training range less than 100 miles off Los Angeles. The ensuing investigation included elements of the Navy, Coast Guard, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The incidents received major attention, including from the Chief of Naval Operations—the apex of the Navy's chain of command. "

Edited by martin-w

Acording to Luis Elizondo its been happening for decades.

Edited by martin-w

2 hours ago, birdguy said:

If they are of terrestrial origin then given the location of the drones and the proximity to San Clemente Island a more plausible explanation is it was a training exercise using some sort of classified super drones of a US development. 

Noel

Many would suggest that. The same was said about the 2004 tic tac incident. The question remains though, if you have top secret tech you wish to test, why would you fly multiple top secret craft over several ships for all the crew to see. You would do so over a restricted military range somewhere. And as I said, these things have been seen for decades. We have the same thing in 2004, 2015 and now 2019, and those are just the recent incidents we know of. And them we can go right back to Operation Mainbrace in 1952, where triangular UFO's and round balls were seen around the ships. For decades this has been happening where we have a deployment of ships. And in the 2015 incident, they were tracking them everyday and they even followed the ships after their workups all the way to the Gulf. 

If a foreign government was using them to spy on our ships wouldn't they do it near foreign shores like the Mediterranean or the Persian Gulf where we have so many US Navy ships deployed?  Where would they be launched from so close to the California shore?  A foreign surface ship or submarine would have been easily detected.

Exactly! Why many regard the extra-terrestrial hypothesis as valid. 

Personally I'm keeping an open mind. 

Edited by martin-w

This was Mainbrace...

https://www.livescience.com/ufos-invade-nato-war-games-project-blue-book.html

"A silvery, spherical object"

On Sept. 13, 1952, several crew members on the Danish destroyer Willemoes saw something unusual: "an unidentified object, triangular in shape, which moved at high speed toward the southeast," according to NICAP records. It glowed with a bluish light, and the destroyer's commander estimated its speed at more than 900 mph (1,448 km/h).

More sightings took place over the next week. On Sept. 20, 1952, three officers with the Danish Air Force spotted "a shiny disk with metallic appearance" flying overhead and vanishing into the clouds. Also on that day, personnel onboard the American aircraft carrier USS Franklin D. Roosevelt spied "a silvery, spherical object" that traveled across the sky, NICAP records show. A reporter named Wallace Litwin, who was on the aircraft carrier, described the UFO as resembling "a white ping-pong ball." Litwin allegedly captured photographs of the object that were reviewed by U.S. Navy Intelligence officers, but the images have never been released to the public, according to NICAP.

The next day, pilots with the British Royal Air Force noticed a UFO — "a shiny sphere" — as they flew their jets in formation over the North Sea.

"When returning to base, one of the pilots looked back and saw the UFO following him.  He turned to chase it, but the UFO also turned and sped away," according to the NICAP report. 

None of the Mainbrace UFO sightings were ever explained, NICAP says.

Call me semi-open minded Martin.

I know that 'under investigation' often means 'we know facts we don't want you to know'.  Under investigation to highest channels often means 'we really don't want you to know'.

Will the results of these so called investigations ever be made public?  Not likely.

I see no mention of the size of these things except to describe them as white ping-pong balls.  Not tennis balls or not bowling balls,  Does that imply they were no larger than ping-pong balls?

As for allowing ship's crews to see them perhaps that's what they wanted.  They wanted to know how the public would describe them.  What the public would think of them.

Of course I'm in a pure speculation mode here because the only information I have is what I read in the accounts.  And I am a skeptic by nature.  I don't attribute what I don't understand to something I want to believe or am inclined to believe.

Some were described as suddenly disappearing.  If they can disappear at will why were they made visible in a scenario where they would be seen unless whomever was controlling them wanted them to be seen?

Could they be extraterrestrial.  Possible but doubtful.

Could they be a secret military development?  More plausible.

Bottom line is we don't know and might not ever now.   

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

39 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Will the results of these so called investigations ever be made public?  Not likely.

Well in theory, a report is supposed to be submitted next month. It was snuck into the Covid relief bill. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2021/03/23/ufo-report-covid-bill/

My feeling is that many will be disappointed. I suspect it will be pretty ambiguous stuff, lots of redacted text etc. The really interesting stuff will remain classified. But who knows, we will have to wait until next month. The UFO community is very excited about the prospect of course. 

and contained the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021, which itself carried an unusual provision in its “committee comment” section, beneath the understated heading “Advanced Aerial Threats.”

The stipulation mandates that the director of national intelligence work with the secretary of defense on a report detailing everything the government knows about unidentified flying objects — known in agency lingo as “unidentified aerial phenomena” or “anomalous aerial vehicles.”

44 minutes ago, birdguy said:

I see no mention of the size of these things except to describe them as white ping-pong balls.  Not tennis balls or not bowling balls,  Does that imply they were no larger than ping-pong balls?

No, I think bigger than that. 

44 minutes ago, birdguy said:

As for allowing ship's crews to see them perhaps that's what they wanted.  They wanted to know how the public would describe them.  What the public would think of them.

No, I don't buy it. You don't do that with super  secret technology. The military don't care about how the public perceive them, they care about keeping secrets SECRET, and definitely secret so an adversary doesn't know what you have.  

47 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Could they be extraterrestrial.  Possible but doubtful.

Could they be a secret military development?  More plausible.

Bottom line is we don't know and might not ever now.   

Agree on all three points. 

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

No, I don't buy it. You don't do that with super  secret technology.

With both the F-119 stealth fighter and the B-2 bomber the Air Force was super secret about them for a number of years.  Then they began releasing drawings and later photographs and finally making them public at air shows.

If they are military they will eventually become public.  They always do.

For several years I was assigned to an AFTAC super secret project.  We were not allowed to talk about it even to our wives.  In the communities and countries our stations were located we were known as weather stations.

It's since been declassified.  They were seismic stations for the purpose of detecting underground nuclear tests.  I was stationed at one of the sites in Wyoming after a year of school learning how to maintain and repair the instruments and reading seismographs.

In the early to mid sixties when I was stationed at the Douglas Wyoming site the project was super-secret.  We had three stations in Wyoming; Douglas, Encampment and Pinedale.  The Douglas and Pinedale sites were closed in the early 70s and the project's classification was lifted.   The Pinedale site is still operating as I recall.

Here's a short video of what we did at the Encampment site..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzmAZr5gfjE

So, you see, nothing stays secret forever except things you wish were true and don't believe they are not so you say they are forever classified.

Noel

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

37 minutes ago, birdguy said:

With both the F-119 stealth fighter and the B-2 bomber the Air Force was super secret about them for a number of years.  Then they began releasing drawings and later photographs and finally making them public at air shows.

This isn't a few drawings though. Its a multitude flying over fully manned ships for all to see. Some kind of public disclosure attempt might make sense if we consider the tic tac patents I posted about before. But then in terms of that incident it becomes implausible that we would suddenly have Star Trek style technology.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28729/docs-show-navy-got-ufo-patent-granted-by-warning-of-similar-chinese-tech-advances

40 minutes ago, birdguy said:

If they are military they will eventually become public.  They always do.

But then, as I said before, we have been seeing these things buzzing military ships for decades, even right back to the 1950's, which would rule out some kind of latest tech they were now going public with.

And I think we have to look at these encounters collectively, not just in isolation, and when we do that and include alleged physics defying manoeuvres, and UFO's hovering over missile silo's around the world and deactivating the missiles, it becomes very interesting indeed. 

Who knows, but certainly a mysterious phenomenon that I'm glad is finally being taken seriously by the US government. Lets hope they do the right thing and provide a full report next month. Some how I doubt it though.

Lights can play tricks on everyone.  Shine a flashlight on a 100 foot wall and quickly move the beam from the left end to the right end.  How fast is it moving?  The further away the wall is the faster the light moves across it.  When you move the light halfway down the wall and then at a right angle straight up the wall how many G's is that?  Lights shone against a cloud can look the same way.

That's just an example.

I'm not saying things are imaginary or have everyday explanations but I am not buying into every unexplained phenomena as an extraterrestrial vehicle.

If the ping-pong balls are real then I think the most plausible explanation is they are military tests.  I can only speculate why they would conduct such tests in the vicinity of people who would see them aboard ships.  Or the steps they would take to make the public see them.

But it takes a lot more than the belief that only extraterrestrials can do these things to convince me.  I saw the movies of the alien autopsies.  Not convinced it was not staged.

I have been through the UFO museum in Roswell several times.

To me these phenomena have all the earmarks of big foot, Yeti and all the ape-man sightings all over the world in wilderness and forest areas.  

And in all cases I have to say where's the evidence.  Not something that can be faked like a UFO landed here or a big foot print but something tangible.  

There have been reported UFO crashes all over the world.  Yet not piece of wreckage spirited away by a civilian who arrived on the scene first has ever surfaced.   In all the years of big foot sightings a dead one has never been found.  Where do they go to die?  Has bigfoot spoor ever been found?  Where do they sleep?  We can identify dens?  What do they eat?  Have we found animal remains that we can identify as having been bigfoot kill?  Have any ever been killed by bears or mountain lions?

Yes, UFO sightings and unexplained phenomena and bigfoot sightings have been happening in all of my 87 plus years but I've never seen any.  It's getting boring.  But the arguments are kinda fun.  So is playing the devil's advocate.

Noel

Edited by birdguy

These days, instead of doing a full blown autopsy, it would be really exciting just to analyse a few cells and see how genetically different their structure is from ours.

• Like 1

Dugald Walker

20 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

These days, instead of doing a full blown autopsy, it would be really exciting just to analyse a few cells and see how genetically different their structure is from ours.

I agree.  But of who?  An extraterrestrial or a bigfoot or both?

Noel

Just the extraterrestrials. Bigfoot would still have very similar DNA to ours but an extraterrestrial could have completely different DNA or no DNA at all. We need to know how different an alien lifeform can be and still evolve the mental and physical abilities required to develop the technology which allows them to travel freely to other solar systems.

Edited by dmwalker

Dugald Walker

13 hours ago, birdguy said:

Lights can play tricks on everyone.  Shine a flashlight on a 100 foot wall and quickly move the beam from the left end to the right end.  How fast is it moving?  The further away the wall is the faster the light moves across it.  When you move the light halfway down the wall and then at a right angle straight up the wall how many G's is that?  Lights shone against a cloud can look the same way.

That's just an example.

I'm not saying things are imaginary or have everyday explanations but I am not buying into every unexplained phenomena as an extraterrestrial vehicle.

Oh yes, absolutely. There are many rational explanations for many sightings. That's not necessarily the case in terms of the ones we're discussing though. The 2004 Nimitz encounter, the so called "tic tac" UFO, was in daylight, perfect visibility and 4 people saw it in two F18's. In addition, it was seen on the Spy One radar system and numerous others like it, all dropping down from 80,000 feet to just above the ocean in a few seconds. The visual identification revealed a white propane tank shaped craft with two small aerials at the bottom. It had no control surfaces and no thrust was observed and it maneuvered without seeming to experience inertia. It also was able to instantly accelerate to multi mach speeds instantly. 

The 2015 carrier incident was very similar to the 2004 Nimitz encounter, in that numerous objects were seen on radar carrying out what seemed like physics defying manoeuvres. A cube shaped object with a transparent sphere around it shot between two F18's. 

The 2019 incident wasn't lights reflecting of clouds either. They were multiple illuminated objects, one hovering right over the deck of the ship, behaving in an intelligently controlled fashion at very low altitude.

If we go back the the other incident mentioned in the 1950's, Operation Mainbrace, it wasn't just  spherical UFO's, it was also a triangular shaped craft traveling at high speed.

So yes, I know you are just giving examples of what can be mistaken for unknown craft but the point is,  that sort of explanation doesn't seem to apply to the incidents that engender the most interest. 

But it takes a lot more than the belief that only extraterrestrials can do these things to convince me.  I saw the movies of the alien autopsies.  Not convinced it was not staged.

Yes, takes a lot to convince me too. At present its a mystery and nobody has any definitive answers. As for the so called alien autopsy, it was 100%  fake. 

And in all cases I have to say where's the evidence.  Not something that can be faked like a UFO landed here or a big foot print but something tangible. 

There have been reported UFO crashes all over the world.  Yet not piece of wreckage spirited away by a civilian who arrived on the scene first has ever surfaced.  

Precisely, before science can take this seriously we need physical evidence. Michio Kaku though, the scientist, believes there is now enough footage and reliable reports to stop messing about and for the scientific community to investigate properly.

There have been claims of material from UFO wreckage, supposedly in the lab being tested now. We will see if its genuine or not.

As for alien craft crashing or being shot down, in my opinion that's utter nonsense. A craft that can travel thousands of lightyears at relativistic velocities, change direction in an instant without inertia, and do things that seem physics defying, would be hundreds or thousands of years in advance of our technology. They would not then suddenly crash when encountering our atmosphere. That would be the easy stuff. And to suggest we would be capable of shooting such technology down is a bizarre claim. 

Edited by martin-w

Obama's recent comments on UFO's. 

Interesting isn't it, that Clinton and others when in office tried to find out about UFO's but were unable to find out anything. Not even the president is given all we have on the phenomenon.