Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Updated PA 44 Seminole, how is it.

I see a week or two ago they came out with an updated version of the Piper Seminole by Carenado. Wondering if any Twin pilots have tried it, and how is the flight model? It sure looks nice. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I would be interested to know as well.

I have not purchased any twins yet. I am still working on getting consistent circuits in the JF PA28 where for some reason I consistently come in low and to the left of centre - and getting consistent landings at all in the G91 ( I now it get down without crash and burn maybe 4 times out of 5) - yeah it is a mil fast jet but technically it is a "single" .  On the other hand with the P149 (which a few people on the main forums seem to hate on non stop) I can be almost upside down on short final at 90 degrees to the runway with a crosswind and still come over the numbers lined up and butter a landing. love that plane.

Once I get circuits and landings in game with the singles sorted I will look at some twins.  The DH Twin Otter may well be my first.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

3 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I would be interested to know as well.

I have not purchased any twins yet. I am still working on getting consistent circuits in the JF PA28 where for some reason I consistently come in low and to the left of centre - and getting consistent landings at all in the G91 ( I now it get down without crash and burn maybe 4 times out of 5) - yeah it is a mil fast jet but technically it is a "single" .  On the other hand with the P149 (which a few people on the main forums seem to hate on non stop) I can be almost upside down on short final at 90 degrees to the runway with a crosswind and still come over the numbers lined up and butter a landing. love that plane.

Once I get circuits and landings in game with the singles sorted I will look at some twins...  

I don't understand the hate for the Piaggio either.  It is one of the most enjoyable and immersive aircraft I have ever bought in any sim. 
I just think they are maybe impatient types who don't give the plane a chance.  It massively rewards those who take the time to learn about it.

As for twins, we all know about Carenado and the level they are at, or the level people presume they are at, but I have the Seminole, and it is just alright, no real issues or vices, but not setting the world on fire either.

However, I find their recent Seneca release to be very good, if not exceptional; it has really surprised me. 
The Carenado haters can jump on here, but I don't care, because I really enjoy flying the Seneca a lot, and it does have more depth to it than some would expect from a Carenado product. 
It sounds good and feels great to fly - sometimes releases just have that X factor.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Same here, love the Piaggio and hand flown it down South America in an online tour. Poor mans AP working nice and very stable when trimmed. A joy to fly and very immersive. With its glass canopy very nice with trackir. But back to topic. I'm very critical on Carenado too but there's not much to say on the negative side. I own both Seminole and Seneca and bobcat is spot on. Seminole nice but Seneca indeed very good. I would say better stay with JF Arrow (even if its only single prop but very nice one) in the smaller slower class and pass Seminole and get the Seneca. 

Cheers T.

Edited by Torsen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Torsen said:

Same here, love the Piaggio and hand flown it down South America in an online tour. Poor mans AP working nice and very stable when trimmed. A joy to fly and very immersive. With its glass canopy very nice with trackir. But back to topic. I'm very critical on Carenado too but there's not much to say on the negative side. I own both Seminole and Seneca and bobcat is spot on. Seminole nice but Seneca indeed very good. I would say better stay with JF Arrow (even if its only single prop but very nice one) in the smaller slower class and pass Seminole and get the Seneca. 

Cheers T.

I had to stop flying the JF Arrow this week, because I finally found out what was causing my CTDs' and it was the Arrow. Over a dozen flights without one CTD which is a record for me. I went back to the Carenado Mooney which I flew all the time before buying the Arrow. That is what got me to be thinking about the Seneca that was recently released. I was confused when I posted my OP and said the Seminole instead of the PA34t Seneca. I think I will buy it, it looked nice in a video on Youtube that I watched, 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Maybe they fixed the takeoff power on the Seminole.  I can't seem to update my copy but when I apply full throttles the thing just accelerates down the runway like I'm in an F16.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

8 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Maybe they fixed the takeoff power on the Seminole.  I can't seem to update my copy but when I apply full throttles the thing just accelerates down the runway like I'm in an F16.

Has there been an update already, it has only been out for about 2 weeks, I thought. 

We're speaking of the Seminole here.  Or at least that was your post title hehe.  I see the Seneca video above lol.

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

25 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

We're speaking of the Seminole here.  Or at least that was your post title hehe.  I see the Seneca video above lol.

Yeah, I tried to change the title after I posted it, but too late. 

17 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had to stop flying the JF Arrow this week, because I finally found out what was causing my CTDs' and it was the Arrow. Over a dozen flights without one CTD which is a record for me.

Are you using the GTN 750 mod? That could be the cause then. I'm back on the GNS mod only and no ctds in the Arrow. And you will like the Seneca 😉

Cheers T.

Not a huge fan of the PA44 overall, as the cockpit sound drives me crazy. Didn't go for the Seneca due to the window design, even though it's realistic.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

5 hours ago, Torsen said:

Are you using the GTN 750 mod? That could be the cause then. I'm back on the GNS mod only and no ctds in the Arrow. And you will like the Seneca 😉

Cheers T.

Using the 530 with and without Mods, same problem. 

20 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I read on another forum, if you have trouble updating it, just delete the folder it is in and redownload it.

5 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Not a huge fan of the PA44 overall, as the cockpit sound drives me crazy. Didn't go for the Seneca due to the window design, even though it's realistic.

I am looking at both the Seminole and the Seneca.  I hate the looks of that windshield defroster stuck on  the windscreen, and that would really annoy me looking at that all the time. The Seminole doesn't have that, and frankly I like the switches and their placement on the Seminole  better than above the windscreen on the Seneca. I hear complaints on the cockpit engine sounds for both the PA 44,which is kind of corning, and the Seneca seems to be a magnet for CTD's. Right now I am leaning towards the Seminole. I wish they could fix the engine sounds. 

Edited by Bobsk8

38 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The Seneca doesn't have that

I think you may be confusing the two of them. It's the Seneca that has the defrosting window cutout 🙂