Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

PMS50 GTN750 Mod - Just Wow

46 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

It's been a long time since I use self serve pump! LOL Most of the time I call FBO. At my home airport we use Atlantic aviation where 100LL goes $7.25 at the moment

Wow!!!  When I got my license back in 1978, I could rent one of two brand new 152s, wet for, $19 an hour. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

32 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Wow!!!  When I got my license back in 1978, I could rent one of two brand new 152s, wet for, $19 an hour. 

Indeed times have changed....though I wasn't around in 1978 hehe.  For the past 20 years or so I've found C172's/P28As to be around 70-130 / hour wet.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 6/1/2021 at 5:17 AM, stratone said:

@Glenn Fitzpatrick I was reffering to the premium version.

For sure is the basic version for the time a much more convinient solution than the Garmins in MSFS.

But for me - not without Navigraph.

Not sure about they have their own routine like Garmin and have to adobt the navdata from Navigraph. They are using the navdata from the sim. The updates with changes in the way Navigraph is working are between Navigraph and ASOBO.

Best regards 

Navdata in the sim is updated with Navigraph so the GTN750 is always up to date.  It is a very nice unit and for the price is excellent.  I purchased the lifetime licence on day one and have been very happy with its performance and features. It is updated regularly.  

I also have a subscription to Foreflight Performance Plus with Jeppesen charts for the USA.  Since day one I have always had Sids/Stars/approaches in the GTN750 that match Foreflight.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Back in '72 I rented the 152 for $15 and paid $25 for dual...

Randall Rocke

21 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

That’s why even as a licensed irl pilot, I only sim now, as much as I enjoy the irl flying, and I truly do, at this point in my life I can’t justify the hourly cost on a rental which I have nothing to show for other than an extra hour in my log book. I understand you get the memories and enjoyment…but it’s just too darn expensive….2 hours of irl flying paid for my HC/ yoke, which I can now use as many times as I want at no extra charge etc. etc.

Having said that, I do someday plan and am working on owning an airplane, I’m just not into paying someone to rent theirs anymore. 

• Upvote 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

35 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

That’s why even as a licensed irl pilot, I only sim now, as much as I enjoy the irl flying, and I truly do, at this point in my life I can’t justify the hourly cost on a rental which I have nothing to show for other than an extra hour in my log book. I understand you get the memories and enjoyment…but it’s just too darn expensive….2 hours of irl flying paid for my HC/ yoke, which I can now use as many times as I want at no extra charge etc. etc.

Having said that, I do someday plan and am working on owning an airplane, I’m just not into paying someone to rent theirs anymore. 

Have you looked into flying clubs?

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon