Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Austria 10m DEM Heads Up

Just discovered this ski-lift addon over at flightsim.to, add this and most of the lifts in the Alps are in your sim, adding another level of immersion to the DEM addons. It seems though that the lift addon was done using default mesh, as in some places, it obviously has some issues. Yet the immersion gain is massive in my opinion...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

When I understand it right then is there also a version without wires, which is better für Mesh, because there can be placed on the ground. With wires it has to be accurate in the high

• Like 1

Stephan from Germany

My System

I whished developers (not only this one) put a descent description and/or version number in the manifest.sjon.

They put so much effort into their add ons but forget descent version management.

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

1 hour ago, sal9000 said:

When I understand it right then is there also a version without wires, which is better für Mesh, because there can be placed on the ground. With wires it has to be accurate in the high

I am aware of this, but this is a classical trade-off. The lifts look rather silly without cables, but with cables they sometimes run through ground. I personally still prefer the cables one, because in 80% it is still spot on (at least in those few regions I checked, which is Lenzerheide, St. Moritz, Grindelwald/Wengen and 4 Vallées). 

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

32 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

I whished developers (not only this one) put a descent description and/or version number in the manifest.sjon.

Agreed. The file structure with these .json and what not files should request a mandatory description.json or something like that. 

Actually flightsim.to has descriptions to the extent creators choose to deliver them on the download pages. However, I usually download the files and when I am going to install them a day later I scratch my head. Not to mention if I choose to install them at a later point.

Even more as the file names often are without any sensible logic.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Even more as the file names often are without any sensible logic.

I normally rename the folders to whatever I find logical.

If you click on your profile at flightsim.to, it lets you know when any of your downloads are updated (which is surprisingly quite often).

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Although flibhtsim.to is probably the biggest and most complete site but not the only place to download from.  Even WT has the wrong version number in their latest g3x update.

Af this point i cant remember if i downloaded the 10 or 20 meter version of Austria. 

And I cant find it in the file name or manifest.sjon either.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

39 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

Af this point i cant remember if i downloaded the 10 or 20 meter version of Austria. 

And I cant find it in the file name or manifest.sjon either.

If you‘ve signed up you can see your downloads and if there‘s a new version available (mod manager).

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

10 hours ago, AnkH said:

Just discovered this ski-lift addon over at flightsim.to, add this and most of the lifts in the Alps are in your sim, adding another level of immersion to the DEM addons. It seems though that the lift addon was done using default mesh, as in some places, it obviously has some issues. Yet the immersion gain is massive in my opinion...

Hi there, I'm the developer of that add-on :D

I wish I had the possibilty to use default DEM, but I don't know asobo source  (I need a way to obtain the exact altitude at the exact latitude and longitude)

The dem I'm using is the one provided from gpsvisualizer.com, and they use this one 

Digitale LiDAR-Geländemodelle von Europa | Digital LiDAR-Terrain Models of Europe - Datensätze - Open Data Portal Austria

About versions thing, thank you, I updated my json/xml in order to match flightsim.to one, please apologize if version mismatch caused any problems!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hansb57 said:

Although flibhtsim.to is probably the biggest and most complete site but not the only place to download from.  Even WT has the wrong version number in their latest g3x update.

99% of my MSFS mods come from flightsim.to, though I've got a couple of things from github.  Apart from flightsim.com and avsim.com which don't have a great deal of MSFS content, where else is worth looking at?

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

On 5/20/2021 at 11:04 AM, cianpars said:

I've also just downloaded the chairlifts and cable cars scenery which should compliment it very well.

thank you thank you thank you for bringing this to my attention, what a lovely immersion mod this is, really brings the ski resorts to life, if only they were animated!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Has anyone been using this mesh with the ORBX LOWI scenery? I just flew into it and noticed a couple of departing planes were floating maybe 15 feet about the surface, although one departing plane was properly at ground level. I'm guessing maybe other users were at ground level, while AI were floating? 

6 minutes ago, Drebin8 said:

Has anyone been using this mesh with the ORBX LOWI scenery? I just flew into it and noticed a couple of departing planes were floating maybe 15 feet about the surface, although one departing plane was properly at ground level. I'm guessing maybe other users were at ground level, while AI were floating? 

Yup, the latest version of the mesh is fine with ORBX LOWI.   

On 5/21/2021 at 6:08 PM, hansb57 said:

You can see that on flightsim.to itself. It says so on each respective site of any add-on you already downloaded.

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

You can see that on flightsim.to itself. It says so on each respective site of any add-on you already downloaded.

Yep. If you go into your profile and click on downloads, it will tell you if anything you have downloaded has ben updated too.  It's a superb site with tons of addons (and 95% of the ones I have downloaded have been keepers).  Also if you select the 'map' option, you can zoom in and out of anywhere in the world to see what addons there are.  There is also a scoring system, so you know what the users think of them (and there are a lot with 4.5 or 5 stars).

Be careful if you download anything old as it might not be compatible with a World Update (though I haven't come across too many issues).

The sum of my community folder (installed) and my addon folder (only installed if I am visiting an area) now amounts to 130 GB and is growing by the day (thank goodness I bought a 1 TB M.2 drive 🙂 ).

• Like 1