Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

CaptainSim releases Boeing 777-200ER for MSFS!

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

Well that would be true if it was a mediocre add-on, but it's not, it is an add-on which has a certain level of functionality, at a price commensurate with that level of functionality, which is not the same thing. Nobody who has bought things such as the FSL A320 for P3D at 140 quid is likely to be confused by this.

It's worth also considering this: Many flight simmers aware of the kind of thing CS does, await their Christmas sale and pick up their stuff for a tenner and accept what they are getting for that kind of money, this is only 20 quid, so it's not a vast amount more than the price where people are prepared to accept such limitations.

But whether it is 20 quid or 200 quid, it's always the buyer's choice on whether to pull the trigger. This is why I do reviews, to help with that decision-making process, but ultimately the buyer is the one who decides if they want to pull the trigger.

But ultimately its the default 747 reskinned with some nice graphics! No difference in systems? Also why is one of the engines orange in one of your screens shots? I cant remember the systems of the 777 from back in the fsx days but is that a hydraulics screen? and if so why is the right engine orange?

Edited by a321

3 minutes ago, a321 said:

But ultimately its the default 747 reskinned with some nice graphics! No difference in systems? Also why is one of the engines orange in one of your screens shots? I cant remember the systems of the 777 from back in the fsx days but is that a hydraulics screen? and if so why is the right engine orange?

Pretty sure that's the APU gauge, unless you think this is a DC-10. Mind you, I'm still investigating, but it's difficult, I keep thinking of Nigella. She can crank my APU any day of the week. 🤣

MV5BMjAyNzMxNDg5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDQ3

Edited by Chock
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

That's the APU gauge, unless you think this is a DC-10.

Sorry cant see it on a small screen (phone at the moment). Ok so it has the APU etc.. no need to be smart!

Edited by a321

Actually, after the initial shock, it looks half decent for the money - better than the Bredok B737 at least (was that about the same price?).

I am not a deep systems kind of guy anyway, life's too short! 😀  So obviously, those kind of people will give this a miss.

For me, if it flies better than the default B747 and B787, it might be worth a look, as long as the framerates are decent, as it is pointless having a shallow systems aircraft if the framerate is poor.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

10 minutes ago, a321 said:

Sorry cant see it on a small screen (phone at the moment). Ok so it has the APU etc.. no need to be smart!

Actually what you can see is that two engines and an APU are on the systems and two power gauges are reflecting the fact that it has two engines, but the gauge is the B747s, so this is a bit cack and could do with a new gauge for this at least, but I suspect some modder will be in this one soon anyway:

1nNjmpJ.png

Alan Bradbury

7 minutes ago, Chock said:

but the gauge is the B747s, so this is a bit cack and could do with a new gauge for this at least, but I suspect some modder will be in this one soon anyway:

They didn't even the change 747 to 777 label on the FMC, let alone modify the engine gauge 😄 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Hi Alan,

Can you show more pics from the Cockpit, lets say a wide one from the seats to the Panel that Shows the most of the panel ?

Some question: Does it fly LNAV, VNAV with AP on ?

Does it capture and fly the ILS like it should ?

Does it load the flightplan from the MSFS flightplanner ?

Are there other liverys ?

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I've hidden a few posts where two members are having a go at each other. Keep your replies sensible and the topic will stay open. Plenty of people are debating it sensibly.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well, made it to Paris okay. Landed it visually and it was okay. I'm no Cripple Seven expert, but it kind of behaves like you'd expect a big airliner to handle. I don't think PMDG will be quaking in their boots, but for 20 quid it's okay:

G7aFQFC.png

PaUFzfu.png

hLr1we9.png

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

3 hours ago, a321 said:

This looks like path of the course for this sim now. The 777 is one of their key products and they have put it out now using 747 default gauges....Surprised to see a heavy weight dev doing this!

Either they need the money and will discount any system upgrades in the future or they have little faith in MSFS being a viable study level sim and have just cashed out now!

Not looking good. I guess we will see.

It's CaptainSim, a trash tier developer. I can't remember having flown a good CS plane, but I do remember having flown bad ones. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

vatsim s3

1133704.png

3 hours ago, a321 said:

or they have little faith in MSFS being a viable study level sim and have just cashed out now!

Then they are doomed to failure. I liked their 757 for P3D. Very nice interior and exterior model. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

8 minutes ago, Chock said:

Well, made it to Paris okay. Landed it visually and it was okay. I'm no Cripple Seven expert, but it kind of behaves like you'd expect a big airliner to handle. I don't think PMDG will be quaking in their boots, but for 20 quid it's okay:

Have you made a video of it yet? If so I must have missed it. Also, will Working Title eventually work on all or most default aircraft that come with MSFS,. and possibly the 747 and 777? Or are they just working on the Garmin stuff? Just wondering?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Just now, in2tech said:

Have you made a video of it yet? If so I must have missed it.

Even I don't work that fast, and I've just got my new Spaceship guitar pedal effects board and flight case through the post, so I'm playing with that first lol. Guitars are more important than toy planes. 🚀

aESyyhk.jpg

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

CS have studied the MSFS market carefully and have watched a lot of youtube vidoes that clearly demonstrate that a not insignificant chunk of simmers basically just fly their plane from the outside and don't give a rat's rearend about whether the cockpit is just a reused 747 one. I mean, if you don't look to closely, they look alike anyways, and it's easy to just edit out two engines.

Only in the avsim filter bubble do simmers pay $140 in order to press a few extra buttons.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Chock said:

Even I don't work that fast, and I've just got my new Spaceship guitar pedal effects board and flight case through the post, so I'm playing with that first lol. Guitars are more important than toy planes. 🚀

I don't blame you.  Firstly, your guitar needs more practice, and secondly, they are not going to fit into that case!  😆

OK, sorry, I am going now...

In all seriousness, thanks for the review.  I think sometimes people expect too much for £20. 
People who are waiting for the PMDG or whatever should just see this for what it is and move on rather than criticise endlessly; it's pointless expecting more from Captain Sim.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.