Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

TDS Sim GTNXi coming for MSFS!

5 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It's better than nothing but the PM50  GTN already has cockpit integration, so what's the point of buying this 2D version?

Because what the TDS version can do is quite different from what the PMS version can.  Both have limitations now due to the simulator.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Someone has released a mod that provides a non-interactive integration of the TDS GTN 750Xi in the virtual cockpit:

https://flightsim.to/file/15543/vc-screen-integration-for-the-tds-gtn-750xi-650xi

It looks really interesting and I'm looking forward to give it a go.

Edited by Tim-HH
  • Like 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

3 hours ago, Tim-HH said:

Someone has released a mod that provides a non-interactive integration of the TDS GTN 750Xi in the virtual cockpit:

https://flightsim.to/file/15543/vc-screen-integration-for-the-tds-gtn-750xi-650xi

Heck yeah!  I'm glad there are smarter coding people in the world.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

22 hours ago, Tim-HH said:

I gave it a go.  It's excellent!  It's a great start for both the TDS unit and this mod.  And yeah, that's me shooting the RNAV(GPS) RWY 10R at KFCM, via ZAMUD.....with the hold in lieu of procedure turn (something not possible in MSFS until this TDS gauge came around).

There's clearly downsides to this....no CDI deviation on my HSI (yet apparently a sim limitation).  No ability to interact with gauge in the sim (must either be on a tablet or used with original exe).

However you can still navigate legally using the CDI on the GTN.

51217372322_8a0f9d8168_o.pnghilpt by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Another huge plus, since MSFS doesn't use realistic taxiway naming...is Safe Taxi (US only)....you can zoom in to read taxiways - good for online flying etc

51218285792_9c1d497804_o.pngsafetaxi by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

55 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Another huge plus, since MSFS doesn't use realistic taxiway naming...is Safe Taxi (US only)....you can zoom in to read taxiways - good for online flying etc

51218285792_9c1d497804_o.pngsafetaxi by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

I have it but they need to fix it so it doesn't make the plane jittery. 

I am really enjoying the unit...certainly the best solution currently going. In the Turbo Arrow with the integration mod and Pilot2ATC I am like a kid in a toy store. I still have FSX loaded but with the DC-6, Twotter, and A2A Comanche inbound I don't think the Majestic Dash-8 will be enough to keep it on my hard drive. To quote Paul Simon "These are the days of miracle and wonder!"

Edited by Target71

4 minutes ago, devgrp said:

I have it but they need to fix it so it doesn't make the plane jittery. 

Are you getting jitters after "turning in/out or when pitching to intercept the glidepath." I had constant jitters until I realized that the plane was trying to follow the sim flight plan and the GTNXi. Now I keep the flight plan only in the GTNXi and I only get the initial jitter. Still, it is annoying and I am also anxious to see it fixed. I would love true panel integration as well...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Target71 said:

Are you getting jitters after "turning in/out or when pitching to intercept the glidepath." I had constant jitters until I realized that the plane was trying to follow the sim flight plan and the GTNXi. Now I keep the flight plan only in the GTNXi and I only get the initial jitter. Still, it is annoying and I am also anxious to see it fixed. I would love true panel integration as well...

I'm getting constant jitters 

Hello DJJose,

Thank you for your your advice. Our company policy is to provide free update, not only for bug fixes, but also for new features and also tech support for the product. We do not let our customers hanging, we want them to enjoy our product with as little problems as possible.

The price of the TDS GTNXi has been lowered, as can be seen on the sales website.

A little over two weeks ago the TDS GTNXi has been released and now we already have a VC integration that is partly working (but without mouse support), it is amazing how fast technology is progressing and we will do our best to keep with with the newest and best methods available.

Edited by tiberiu11
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, tiberiu11 said:

Hello DJJose,

Thank you for your kind words regarding past projects and also for your advice. Our company policy is to provide free update, not only for bug fixes, but also for new features and also tech support for the product. We do not let our customers hanging, we want them to enjoy our product with as little problems as possible.

The price of the TDS GTNXi has been lowered, as can be seen on the sales website.

A little over two weeks ago the TDS GTNXi has been released and now we already have a VC integration that is partly working (but without mouse support), it is amazing how fast technology is progressing and we will do our best to keep with with the newest and best methods available.

Hi @tiberiu11

Im one of those who is on the fence but to finally jump in i need a smooth AP integration (No jittering) and ideally a VC integration or a networked/ipad client. Do you know if there is any progress on those fronts? Or are we just waiting to see what the future brings?

Juan Ramos

17 minutes ago, xender said:

Hi @tiberiu11

Im one of those who is on the fence but to finally jump in i need a smooth AP integration (No jittering) and ideally a VC integration or a networked/ipad client. Do you know if there is any progress on those fronts? Or are we just waiting to see what the future brings?

I have mine working on my android tablet. The option to add a wireless screen in windows 10 is built in and it's also in the android settings. You can use spacedock with an iPad and the touch some how works much better on this version vs the pms version. 

Last night on vatsim 

20210603-212843.jpg 

Edited by devgrp

1 minute ago, devgrp said:

I have mine working on my android tablet. The option to add a wireless screen in windows 10 is built in and it's also in the android settings. You can use spacedock with an iPad and the touch some how works much better on this version vs the pms version. 

Last night on vatsim 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=457d1266f4d80651 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V-T9c9fYwfRM5didYMOg4Qyg2JijICMl/view?usp=drivesdk[/img] 

What about the famous jittering?

Juan Ramos

2 minutes ago, xender said:

What about the famous jittering?

I think it was caused by also using the default GPS like someone else mentioned. So not having a fp in the default GPS takes the jitters away. It still does though when the plane is turning 

2 hours ago, xender said:

Hi @tiberiu11

Hello Juan,

With each new version of the TDS GTNXi, we are striving to bring more features and push the flight simulator boundaries even further. Our mission is not to freeze the TDS GTNXi feature list, but to improve and add more new features. We strongly suggest keeping up with the official Facebook page/Forum/Discord channel where we post news on the product.

Using Spacedesk you can get a tablet integration with the current software version. If you have any questions on the product, please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1