Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

TDS Sim GTNXi coming for MSFS!

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

They did improve some of the in-sim variables.  It does appear to read lateral deviation now in the sim.  They seem to be continuing to develop it and is still in early stages as far as in cockpit integration goes.

They really should get together with an addon vendor like Carenado and offer a completed package, say the Mooney or the Seminole.  With Carenado's participation, they should also be able to show the proper HSI indications..

That would do a lot to convince me that there is a "GTN solution" that is worth investing in.. 😉

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

2104 is "very old" ?

8 months or so.  To be fair most of the TDi procedures from 2104 will match up with my Foreflight database, but the PMS unit is fully up to date

One of those choices we make between feature rich or up to date.  The PMS unit works very well with navigation and procedures, so is good enough for me within MSFS.  I did purchase the TDi on release, but switched to the PMS later on. 

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Just now, MrBitstFlyer said:

The PMS unit works very well with navigation and procedures

If you're aware of the real one, it doesn't actually.  I'm glad the PMS is working for you though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

If you're aware of the real one, it doesn't actually.  I'm glad the PMS is working for you though.

I'll have to agree with you - I watched the video linked above and installed the app to integrate the TDi into the cockpit. Very nice indeed!  I'll fly with it and see just how many differences to Foreflight I come across.  

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Very nice, I hope there will be an easier way to upgrade the nav db in these units. Or better have it used the navigraph of inbuilt msfs one instead.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Very nice, I hope there will be an easier way to upgrade the nav db in these units. Or better have it used the navigraph of inbuilt msfs one instead.

Don't be disappointed, but TDS uses the Garmin Trainer as base. Expect max 1 update per year of the nav db from Garmin for their trainer. As far as I noticed, it is possible to update the TDS db with a regular Garmin cycle. Take a look at Garmin for the price to pay for.

The "inbuilt" msfs navdata (incl. navigraph) can not be used by the Garmin trainer. Garmin and Navigraph, both are using Jeppesen Data but the data are processed differently and after that they are not interchangeable.

Best regards

Detlef 

3 hours ago, stratone said:

Don't be disappointed, but TDS uses the Garmin Trainer as base. Expect max 1 update per year of the nav db from Garmin for their trainer. As far as I noticed, it is possible to update the TDS db with a regular Garmin cycle. Take a look at Garmin for the price to pay for.

The "inbuilt" msfs navdata (incl. navigraph) can not be used by the Garmin trainer. Garmin and Navigraph, both are using Jeppesen Data but the data are processed differently and after that they are not interchangeable.

Best regards

Detlef 

That difference for me means a no go. The data from the sim, the GPS, Navigraph and Little Navmap for me have to be in sync. The G1000Nxi does that, the WT CJ4 does that, the PMS50 GTN750 and 530 also do that. So I stick with that, whether the TDS has more functionality or not.

Edited by Rene_Feijen

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

Is there any explanation what happened to the development that stopped sales and support for such an extended period ?

The nature of MSFS is that it isn't kind to add-ons that aren't actively maintained so it would be good to understand something of the reasons behind the outage so we can judge the chances of it occurring again.

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

The nature of MSFS is that it isn't kind to add-ons that aren't actively maintained so it would be good to understand something of the reasons behind the outage so we can judge the chances of it occurring again.

Only the sales had been stopped for whatever reasons. The product was updated constantly and the previous version was released just two months ago. Also you can always contact the developer via mail, Discord or his forum. All this while generating no income with the GTNXi. I think that shows a great level of commitment from the developer. 

I'm using the TDS GTNXi since the initial release and never had an issues that prevented me from using it.      

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

This GTN750 instructional video popped into my YouTube feed.

On 12/19/2021 at 8:14 PM, MrBitstFlyer said:

The PMS unit works very well with navigation and procedures, so is good enough for me within MSFS.  I did purchase the TDi on release, but switched to the PMS later on. 

I also use PMS for now and have a real GTN 750 in my Cherookee. There is a lot of feature that I miss with the PMS even if i use it regularly on Pilotedge for training with Just Flight Arrow.

The feature that I miss more are the lack of information on airspace, no airways on map, no function on user field (but usually you set it for once then forget), a direct to in PMS erase the flight plan so we need to be quite careful not to use it as in the real unit. There is no graphical flight plan edit (but admit I rarely use it). The direct to button lack hold and course to option (holds is a rare event in real flight except hold in lieu of procedure turn. But course to a fix is sometimes interesting to capture an airways between waypoints).

But TDS lack of VR full integration (even with the mod) and it's holding me back to purchase this new one. I'm lucky enough to have a Garmin chart subscription so with some manipulation my trainer is up to date with latest database so it will be a no brainer when VR capability will be added.

Edited by kama2004
  • Like 1

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

17 minutes ago, kama2004 said:

I also use PMS for now and have a real GTN 750 in my Cherookee. There is a lot of feature that I miss with the PMS even if i use it regularly on Pilotedge for training with Just Flight Arrow.

The feature that I miss more are the lack of information on airspace, no airways on map, no function on user field (but usually you set it for once then forget), a direct to in PMS erase the flight plan so we need to be quite careful not to use it as in the real unit. There is no graphical flight plan edit (but admit I rarely use it). The direct to button lack hold and course to option (holds is a rare event in real flight except hold in lieu of procedure turn. But course to a fix is sometimes interesting to capture an airways between waypoints).

But TDS lack of VR full integration (even with the mod) and it's holding me back to purchase this new one. I'm lucky enough to have a Garmin chart subscription so with some manipulation my trainer is up to date with latest database so it will be a no brainer when VR capability will be added.

I have started using the TDi app again and am enjoying the extra functionality.  Could you explain what Garmin Subscription you have and how you update the trainer?

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
spelling

16 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Could you explain what Garmin Subscription you have and how you update the trainer?

I buy the "North America (Fixed wing) Database bundle" package.

As for the transfert procedure, it involve a change in the attribute of the SD card you donwloaded from Garmin site. Then a copy of some of the files with some name change. In fact only one file is essential witch is the navigation database. The rest is terrain, obstacle, basemap, safetaxi etc.. and I dont update them most of the time. Then the files are copied in the Garmin trainer directory C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\databases

Relatively simple process. 

Here is an old reference explaining the approximative process... some file name were changed since this post but if you go to the point where you purchase a database, just PM me for help in transfert. https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/145777-gtn650-database-updates-for-owners-of-a-real-gtn650/

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

13 hours ago, kama2004 said:

I buy the "North America (Fixed wing) Database bundle" package.

As for the transfert procedure, it involve a change in the attribute of the SD card you donwloaded from Garmin site. Then a copy of some of the files with some name change. In fact only one file is essential witch is the navigation database. The rest is terrain, obstacle, basemap, safetaxi etc.. and I dont update them most of the time. Then the files are copied in the Garmin trainer directory C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\databases

Relatively simple process. 

Here is an old reference explaining the approximative process... some file name were changed since this post but if you go to the point where you purchase a database, just PM me for help in transfert. https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/145777-gtn650-database-updates-for-owners-of-a-real-gtn650/

Thanks very much for that.  I'll check out the Garmin Site.