Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

TDS Sim GTNXi coming for MSFS!

Hi,

I just saw on Twitter that EHviator will held a live stream on Twitch today showcasing a new GTNXi unit for MSFS. The information in the provided screenshot sounds very promising! 

He will be live in about two hours: https://www.twitch.tv/ehviator 

• Upvote 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Interesting.  60 USD.

https://tdssim.com/

Feel like I'd be cheating on @RXP if I buy...we'll see though.  Seems to be 2d popup at the moment.

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This seems to have come out of the blue, but I sure am interested and want to hear more.  It does look like a separate 2d popup but I am sure they can figure out how to integrate it into the panel in collaboration with aircraft developers. If they can do that, it is a certain purchase for me. 

It is nice to see new developers really trying to push the simulator!

• Like 1

Dan Scott

Yea it needs to be integrated within the virtual cockpits. Having the ability then to pop out into a 2d window would be a plus as well.

Without cockpit integration it's relegated to people with multi monitor setups where a windows based touch screen is part of your flight setup...and I'm curious here...if you use it just this way would the asking price be considered reasonable in your opinions? (I wouldnt know but I have been considering getting a touchscreen and a Knobster)

• Like 1

I probably wouldn't buy until we have a cockpit integration.

• Like 6

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Anyone has an idea if this will work under VR? The manual doesn't mention VR at all.

And I agree to Ryan, cockpit integration would be essential.

Kind regards, MIchael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

Anyone has an idea if this will work under VR? The manual doesn't mention VR at all.

And I agree to Ryan, cockpit integration would be essential.

Kind regards, MIchael

as it works outside of the sim, it will not work under VR.

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

1 minute ago, nirgal76 said:

Oh?  Totally outside? That could be bad for cockpit integration.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

36 minutes ago, Cognita said:

This seems to have come out of the blue, but I sure am interested and want to hear more.  It does look like a separate 2d popup but I am sure they can figure out how to integrate it into the panel in collaboration with aircraft developers. If they can do that, it is a certain purchase for me. 

It is nice to see new developers really trying to push the simulator!

yes integration is mandatory for my also.
i doubt it is a "new developer". he is someone in the sim bussiness for years ago (perhaps from F1).

2 minutes ago, nirgal76 said:

Argh. So a nogo for now.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Just now, ryanbatcund said:

Oh?  Totally outside? That could be bad for cockpit integration.

At this time yes, it is not really more than the gramin trainer with a simconnect link to the sim to exchange information. it is a separate process.
it is technically possible to make it to work inside by sending the screen to a gauge, but this is a functionnality that have to be developped.

anyway, it is a great evolution in comparison to GPS toys we have actually

Alright got excited for nothing hehe.  I guess not nothing as it would be nice to have the powerful GTN working ....but I'm not going back to 2002 with gauge popups

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

9 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Alright got excited for nothing hehe.  I guess not nothing as it would be nice to have the powerful GTN working ....but I'm not going back to 2002 with gauge popups

for this, we need have aircraft with 3D bezel (so make into 3D model) for GTN integration. there is only one actually on the market (JustFlight Arrow). FS2020 have to live some years to have the hangar we had in P3D.

Edited by nirgal76

It would be great to have this in the Arrow, that is the plane I was thinking of and if we can get there I would very like purchase this right away. But integration is a necessity.

Dan Scott