Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

TDS Sim GTNXi coming for MSFS!

I bought it, too, for my faytech 12' Touchscreen and got it working yesterday. However, is there way to use MSFS-generated flight plans? I see you can make plans using the GNS itself, as well as import plans in the .gfp format, but I didn't see my flight plan generated on the MSFS World screen (and it doesn't seem to be able to import saved .pln files either).

Do I miss here something?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

What's the date on the navigation database included with this TDS 650/750? How old is it already?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Ok, the iPad + spacedesk solution is very unstable and leads to freezes and crashes. I have also purchased a small touch-screen display and will report the results in the next days.

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

What's the date on the navigation database included with this TDS 650/750? How old is it already?

AIRAC Cycle 2004 is the latest available navigation database.

2 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Ok, the iPad + spacedesk solution is very unstable and leads to freezes and crashes.

That is unfortunate to hear. I made a couple of flights so far and had no issues.

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

3 hours ago, GCBraun said:

but the plane keeps shaking considerably whenever the AP is on.

Is it possible it's related to the weather setting or is it happening all the time?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This thread's title needs more abbreviations.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Is it possible it's related to the weather setting or is it happening all the time?

No, it is happening all the time. There is a warning about this issue before you buy the product. TDS says it is a sim limitation that needs to be addressed by Asobo.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

No, it is happening all the time. There is a warning about this issue before you buy the product. TDS says it is a sim limitation that needs to be addressed by Asobo.

I haven't had much issues with the jitters yet. Looking at your picture it seems that you have loaded a route into the default GNS. I haven't tested that yet but maybe that amplifies the jitters. As far as I understand it the GTNXi tries constantly to override the autopilot. If the autopilot wants to follow the route in the GNS it could be counterproductive for that matter .  

Luckily the MSFS team has already said that they are looking into this. 

• Upvote 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Il y a 22 heures, nirgal76 a déclaré:

Je pense que oui si vous possédez une application pour partager / étendre le bureau de votre PC sur votre iPad.

Avec TWOMON SE + IPAD USB connect 👍 touch screen!

Edited by lanti33
Ajout
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lanti33 said:

With TWOMON SE + IPAD USB connect 👍

Great. Using GTN on a touchscreen raise the experience

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

2 hours ago, Tim-HH said:

Luckily the MSFS team has already said that they are looking into this. 

Sounds like good news! Can you explain what they said? and where?

2 hours ago, nirgal76 said:

Great. Using GTN on a touchscreen raise the experience

Has anyone got it working on an Android tablet?

Bert

8 hours ago, pmb said:

I see you can make plans using the GNS itself, as well as import plans in the .gfp format, but I didn't see my flight plan generated on the MSFS World screen (and it doesn't seem to be able to import saved .pln files either).

You can use LittleNavmap to read your pln files and export gfp files... works very well for the P3D GTN units..

• Like 1

Bert