Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 4 (1.16.2.0) is now live!

For me, everthing is running fine after the Update, but today I got a CTD at starting once, second start was ok, got an eye on it.

But, after the Update, I lost 4-5 Frames. Nothing big, but 5 Frames are 5 Frames 😉

Anyone else?

Can this comes from the Airtraffic? Much more, I found, after the Udate🤔

Stephan from Germany

My System

3 minutes ago, sal9000 said:

But, after the Update, I lost 4-5 Frames. Nothing big, but 5 Frames are 5 Frames 😉

With respect Stephan, how the can you pin down '5 Frames' on anything specifically including this update?  Even server performance can come into play, and and so other factors including time of day, etc.  I can do the exact same flight, same plane, fixed weather, and performance can easily vary by 10%.  Presumably you have saved a flight so you can try to compare?

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I fly every day with same airplane and same kind of flight.

My frames are locked at 33 Frames that are also my Framerate maybe 40 Frames max with my System.

So on, 33 is what I see all the time exept in dense areas like New York, LA, and Seattle.

After the Update it comes down to 30 , 28, and thats what I see.

I had no changes on my community folder or settings.

So ," with all due respect" what coud it be ?

Stephan from Germany

My System

10 minutes ago, sal9000 said:

I fly every day with same airplane and same kind of flight.

My frames are locked at 33 Frames that are also my Framerate maybe 40 Frames max with my System.

So on, 33 is what I see all the time exept in dense areas like New York, LA, and Seattle.

After the Update it comes down to 30 , 28, and thats what I see.

I had no changes on my community folder or settings.

So ," with all due respect" what coud it be ?

Anything :smile:

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

My update,

Well after almost two frustrating days, I could not sort out my speed or altitude problems, so I resorted yesterday to an uninstall and reinstall.

That was the 79gb shortened install and it went well with only one restart to completion. It took some seven hours though. Before the uninstall I ensured that my Community folder backup was all ok and then went ahead.

After the reinstall, I tested and and the stock G36 Bonanza and the DA62 both  worked normally. Late last night, I copied all my aircraft from backup to the empty new Community Folder. This morning, I had a flight with the modded DA62 and it well with no apparent abnormalities. 

Performance issues seem to have gone and I am back up into the 45-50FPS and the return from pause seems to not affect throttle or flaps.  BEWDY.

I am currently reinstalling all Australian scenery and hope there are no issues with that.

I want to thank everyone who tried to help and regret the fact that I had to go down the uninstall/reinstall path to solve the issues.

The shortened install seems to be a better way to go and I now have the "launching" screenshot which I think is a significant improvement to the "I wonder if that worked" when clicking on the desktop icon.

All in all, I think (so far at least) that it is probably the best update so far and at least since the last one LOL but, it did have issues which affected me and given all the post above, we can not say it was a problem/bug free update unfortunately.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

All good my end flying in VR.  Had a 3 hr bush flight around southern California and everything was pretty smooth except the usually approaches as you get close to the airport.  I believe this issue will be address when Xbox version drops.

Further Update,

After loading all my Australian sceneries, I rebooted my computer and re started MSFS.

Problem.

All my glass cockpit (G1000) aircraft now do not have speed or altitude indications. It would seem that, that, at least is the common denominator.  It is not just the modded aircraft with glass cockpits that do not work. So I re-installed all my Working Title mods. No change whatsoever.

I am unsure how to uninstall the WT G1000 mod to see if that is actually the problem. If in fact, that is the problem, other than reinstalling it how would I go about fixing it.

Other than that, any further ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

did you get the latest WT G1000 update ? there was a few in the last few days

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Yes Sir.

Downloaded and installed 0.3.7 two days ago.

All glass cockpits are normal when G1000 deleted from the Community Folder.  Re-installation of WT G1000 gives me the problem again.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

4 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Further Update,

After loading all my Australian sceneries, I rebooted my computer and re started MSFS.

Problem.

All my glass cockpit (G1000) aircraft now do not have speed or altitude indications. It would seem that, that, at least is the common denominator.  It is not just the modded aircraft with glass cockpits that do not work. So I re-installed all my Working Title mods. No change whatsoever.

So have you removed all your Australian sceneries to see if that makes a difference?

Give people power to really test their personality.

Update looks solid overall with a lot of good changes.

But planes still float like crazy at landing and are too responsive at low speeds. I wonder if they will ever fix this.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

But planes still float like crazy at landing  

Isn't that a tiny bit excessive 😄 ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, SamYeager said:

So have you removed all your Australian sceneries to see if that makes a difference?

Yes and no changes. I see the problem as being with the WT G1000 .... without it installed it is all ok. With it installed I have no speed indication nor do I have any altitude indication and that includes Baro set using "B"

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

7 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

I am unsure how to uninstall the WT G1000 mod to see if that is actually the problem. If in fact, that is the problem, other than reinstalling it how would I go about fixing it.

The opposite way you installed it. You copied the WT Folder into your Community folder, now just delete it.

• Like 1