Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 4 (1.16.2.0) is now live!

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Isn't that a tiny bit excessive 😄 ?

Well, from my real life experience flying the DV20 (actually a DA20, but close enough), you usually fly them into stall about a feet or two above ground.

If you do that in the sim you take half of the runway before touchdown and it's getting really nasty keeping it steady all that time - being far too responsive as well.

It should more look like this - don't mind the PAPIs, we aim for the threshold on that airfield. 🙂

Notice how the plane wants to "sit down" quite fast.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I've had two successive CTDs when trying to land at KATL Atlanta. Just before I touch down on runway 27R, I'm over the threshold and BOOM, I'm back at the desktop.🤬

And a third one on my next flight whilst taxiing to the runway at Dallas Fort Worth (with KATL as my destination). I'd even lowered my graphics settings as a test.🙄

Edited by 109Sqn
update
  • Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

3 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

I've had two successive CTDs when trying to land at KATL Atlanta. Just before I touch down on runway 27R, I'm over the threshold and BOOM, I'm back at the desktop.🤬

And a third one on my next flight whilst taxiing to the runway at Dallas Fort Worth (with KATL as my destination). I'd even lowered my graphics settings as a test.🙄

I'm having the same issue. 

Instant CTD on short final just before the treshold at two different airports, one in Canada (CYZT) and one in Norway (ENZV). I've not tried other places yet. 

Started happening after this update. 

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

2 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Not good. Just to be clear, these are not the driver timeout issues that I and many others were having with newer AMD Adrenaline drivers.

I managed to land ok at Fort Worth after a flight from airports either side, taking off again to land there without exiting and creating a new flight plan. I'll try Atlanta again...

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Yesterday, whilst trying to fix the WT G1000, I was in and out of MSFS so many times and always with the very welcome instant splash screen. 

This morning I clicked on my desktop MSFS Icon .... no instant splash screen. Did it three times just to make sure and it is still missing.

Is someone breaking into my house at night and updating MSFS without my knowledge or consent?

I have predicted elsewhere that this platform will reach stability in 2080 ... I hope I am wrong LOL  To tell the truth this is driving me crazy. The absolute inconsistency is the only thing that is consistent with this sim.

Still working on WT G1000  .... G3000 appears to be good. (today LOL)

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

3 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Instant CTD on short final just before the treshold at two different airports, one in Canada (CYZT) and one in Norway (ENZV). I've not tried other places yet. 

Started happening after this update. 

FWIW I just landed on rwy 29 at ENZV no CTD or any problems

• Upvote 1

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

27 minutes ago, Gate99 said:

FWIW I just landed on rwy 29 at ENZV no CTD or any problems

I crashed to desktop on short final rwy 36. I wish I knew what was causing it. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

Not good. Just to be clear, these are not the driver timeout issues that I and many others were having with newer AMD Adrenaline drivers.

I managed to land ok at Fort Worth after a flight from airports either side, taking off again to land there without exiting and creating a new flight plan. I'll try Atlanta again...

Yeah it's not the drivers I think. You have AMD and I have Nvidia and we have similar issues.

I don't think its mods either, the first time I crashed I had no mods around that airport or area, I did have a modded airport at ENZV. 

I was flying the Carenado Mooney. Which aircraft did you fly? 

5 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Which aircraft did you fly? 

Citation Longitude, no mods.

7 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

I'll try Atlanta again...

This time, no CTD. That's almost more annoying since inconsistent crashes are harder to solve.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tweekz said:

Well, from my real life experience flying the DV20 (actually a DA20, but close enough), you usually fly them into stall about a feet or two above ground.

I do not fly this aircraft in the sim (and I do not have real life piloting experience so not an expert just a merry amateur). The ones I regularly fly, default Cub, Corsair and Spit mostly do three pointers where I told them, except when I come down a little fast. 

No floating along the runway. It might be aircraft dependent. In the sim, your final is a glide or with little power ? Also, trusting the final velocity for the landing  as indicated by the official specs is generally not rewarding 😉.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Yesterday, whilst trying to fix the WT G1000, I was in and out of MSFS so many times and always with the very welcome instant splash screen. 

This morning I clicked on my desktop MSFS Icon .... no instant splash screen. Did it three times just to make sure and it is still missing.

Is someone breaking into my house at night and updating MSFS without my knowledge or consent?

I have predicted elsewhere that this platform will reach stability in 2080 ... I hope I am wrong LOL  To tell the truth this is driving me crazy. The absolute inconsistency is the only thing that is consistent with this sim.

Still working on WT G1000  .... G3000 appears to be good. (today LOL)

Tony

Ditto. Yesterday I got the loading screen. Today? Nowt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Ditto. Yesterday I got the loading screen. Today? Nowt.

I got the loading screen this morning and this evening, and have had two of the smoothest flights ever in areas that can be challenging.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Noel said:

I got the loading screen this morning and this evening, and have had two of the smoothest flights ever in areas that can be challenging.

The inconsistency with the sim is mind-boggling.  Mine behaves like this also.  Sometimes new loading screen, sometimes not.  Sometimes I get the mini-pauses, sometimes not.  You never know what you are going to get!

Luckily, it is a good experience for the majority of the time.

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I think it's the little man that turns the light off in my fridge when i close the door. He sometimes likes to hop into my computer and turn on the intro music

• Like 2

On 5/25/2021 at 3:37 PM, abrams_tank said:

Depends on what add ons you put in your Community folder.  With the wrong add on that doesn’t comply with the latest patch, MSFS may  not load.

I am fully aware that some add-ons may become incompatible after an MSFS update.  My point was the update itself is not effected by having mods in your community folder.  Of course if you run into problems after the sim update and your sim will not load, crashes when running, etc. it is time to start systematically disabling/enabling mods to see which one(s) are causing problems.  I have never emptied my community folder before doing and update and every update has installed flawlessly.  Of course I have had mods that  caused issues after MSFS updates - and if they do not get updated they eventually get removed from my system.