Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 4 (1.16.2.0) is now live!

9 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

lmao now there's too much live traffic, I'm getting ATC callouts of either me or other traffic being too close to other traffic like every 2 minutes.

They need to sell a JFK Steve ATC sound pack.

• Like 1

As an update, it appears that after removing the Sim Update 4 beta and installing the Store update, all additional World Updates, scenery, etc has been removed.  This is bizarre.  

Congrats Asobo you f***** up the game! stuck at varous stages of the update resulting in a freeze of the game. No way to update (or play)

Thank you!

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

9 minutes ago, chatman said:

Congrats Asobo you f***** up the game! stuck at varous stages of the update resulting in a freeze of the game. No way to update (or play)

Thank you!

Let the update run overnight while you go to sleep.  A lot of times, it looks like it is frozen but either it's still downloading a file, or it's unzipping a file.  If you are running an older computer, or you have a slower internet connection, the update process will take longer.

If you download it overnight and it's still stuck on a specific file, I read that some people are manually unzipping a file (assuming that file has been completely downloaded).  You can search here in the forums for people that manually unzip a file, if it takes the updater too long to unzip the file.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Let the update run overnight while you go to sleep.  A lot of times, it looks like it is frozen but either it's still downloading a file, or it's unzipping a file.  If you are running an older computer, or you have a slower internet connection, the update process will take longer.

If you download it overnight and it's still stuck on a specific file, I read that some people are manually unzipping a file (assuming that file has been completely downloaded).  You can search here in the forums for people that manually unzip a file, if it takes the updater too long to unzip the file.

No, it really was frozen (Pause Button not working, unable to close other than via task manager)

After the 20th or so attempt the update eventually finished but now game crashed on loading screen need to end via task manager again

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

11 minutes ago, chatman said:

After the 20th or so attempt the update eventually finished but now game crashed on loading screen need to end via task manager again

Move everything from your Community folder to a backup folder.  Stuff in the Community folder can stop MSFS from loading, if you have an add-on in the Community folder that's not compatible with this latest patch.  Once your Community folder is empty, run MSFS again.  If it loads, try a few flights with your favorite plane.  If that is stable, gradually move the stuff back into your Community folder and load MSFS again until you figure out which add-on from the Community folder is causing MSFS to crash on the loading screen.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

10 hours ago, Scottoest said:

They need to sell a JFK Steve ATC sound pack.

Ohh that would be so awesome.  We’d need tugs to ask for taxi clearances at inopportune times to really get the full effect though.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 5/26/2021 at 2:47 PM, Riah069 said:

I'm just SO thankful that the Escape menu, controls reset to 50% has been fixed for me Huzzar.

Not for me it seems. Paused a flight for an hour or so, came back and had full flaps and spoilers activated as usual.🙄

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 5/26/2021 at 8:02 AM, rayharris108 said:

I've already posted this on the FlightSim forum, but posting again here if anyone else knows of a solution. 

The update installed on the Store app ok.

It has now been stuck for >12 hours on one file looping decompressing it continuously without moving on. The file decompressing is the ‘asobo - C152 aerobat 0.1.53 package -1/111’.

I have rebooted and restarted numerous times, followed advice like disabling IPV6, etc. I also emptied the C152 folder, removed all Community folder addons. It put the C152 files back immediately when i deleted them, but then hung decompressing the same file.

I need some urgent help on this if anyone could do it please. I have never had this issue before.

Any help appreciated please...

Thanks

Ray

This drives me crazy... Same thing has been happening since the game launched.  For whatever reason this time, I had no problem with the update.  Prior, I had the same problem - bigfiles, etc. would loop over and over and over.  Only thing that allowed me to download was an external file (netlimiter, VPN, other) that limited my download speed.  That is the only thing that has worked.  Problem is, those programs all have free trials that have since expired.  Net limiter is around $30, another program was around $50.  Microsoft themselves suggested I try Netlimiter.  I asked if they were willing to pay for it, but no reply....

I am aware that some people are not having any issues downloading.  I believe it to be something with the internet provider, or whatever connections are between the user and the world wide web... I am not educated enough to understand why a fast connection would pose problems, and have never experienced this with any other game I have downloaded in the past. 

Why only this game and no others?  Why would it happen to only some people and not others?  Why isn't Microsoft being more helpful in finding a fix?  (and Yes, I have put in 2 tickets with them - to which I receive poor, repetitive instruction even though I tell them I have tried everything they suggest.)  In the end, they simply suggest I try the forums to see if anyone else has found a solution.. 

16 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

Hi DylanM

Thanks for the heads up.

I found out where the package was installing and decompressing to, and so deleted it as per the advice. Once I restarted the installation after rebooting a couple of times it all installed and - yes I 'm flying again - after 2 days!!

Thanks

Awesome - glad to hear! Wonder what the root cause is, but at least there is a workaround...

Crashed to desktop (CTD) on short final at Port Hardy CYZT in the Carenado Mooney. Flew from (Orbx) Bella Coola CYBD.

I've never had CTDs before. No issues during flight. Everything smooth. But a massive freeze on short final followed by a CTD.

No mods or addon scenery at the destination.

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Smoothest update for me so far.  Not a crash, freeze or even a hiccup... even all the content updates.  Looking forward to continue exploring.  Thx especially to all the beta testers! 😁

• Like 2

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

On 5/25/2021 at 7:12 PM, cianpars said:

First flight in the update started fine taking off in the 172 at EGGD, but the approach path was well to the right of the runway (never an issue before),  I've just emptied my community folder (included EGGD by UK2000), so will see if the issue just relates to the addon airport or is present in the default.  Anyone else had any offset ILS beams that were not previously present yet?

Edit - I think that may have been my fault forgetting to switch the Garmin from GPS to VLOC - will test again.

I also see offset  ILS to the right. Approach direction less by about 4 degrees

1 hour ago, Flying-Hare said:

I also see offset  ILS to the right. Approach direction less by about 4 degrees

Yep, it is fine on the default runway but offset in the uk2000 airport   Looks like maybe the magnetic variatiin changed or something   I mentioned on the UK2000 support forum and Gary is looking into it 

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)