Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

MSFS has the most advanced flight model?

3 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

The show must go on.

It seems that you are always a disillusioned but still avid spectator 😈

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

9 hours ago, Chock said:

Not to my satisfaction it doesn't. 😉

Could be better, yes. But this is the first sim AFAIK to give it a try. And flying often and generally low over hilly and mountainous areas, I can’t say that I don’t appreciate it adding that MFS is also my first sim to give me the convincing sensation of turbulence that I felt so many times in real life as a passenger.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I have absolutely not problem if people love Xp11 and consider it  better. I only have problem when people come here to convince me with their believe system LOL

I think discussing differences between simulators can be intriguing. Some people like the genre as a whole and would like to stay educated about differences and developments in flightsimulation as a whole - which you can´t if you stay inside your bubble.

Some folks also enjoy a good fight  heated discussion cheering on or defending their simulator of choice (I certainly belong in that group), and there are several here present in this thread that will spare no opportunity to instigate a heated argument against the competition of MSFS as well 😉 - however sometimes in such a transparent simpleton fanboi way that it doesn´t even warrant an answer 🙄

Edited by Janov
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

It seems that you are always a disillusioned but still avid spectator 😈

Disillusioned because its all so predictable.

• A New sim is announced (Ecstasy)
  • It arrives. (Scorn and forum fights, choosing of sides, name-calling, rivet-counting, lotta' locked threads)
  • It fails. (Good! I haven't lost my zillion year, trillion dollar lifetime investment in sim A. Plus if they had just listened to us, they might have survived. Plus, a pox on their houses!)
  • It survives. (A few years later, everyone is declaring that its the best thing ever, and you'll have to remove it from their cold, dead hands. Massive selective amnesia sets in, as time passes)
  • A new sim is announced (Rinse and repeat)

Honestly, since it seems (fairly) certain that MSFS will survive commercially, I'm at this point simply waiting for things to settle down and return to relative sanity. I anticipate a sea-change when the PMDG plane arrives.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

55 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

its all so predictable.

•  
  • Rinse and repeat)

. I anticipate a sea-change when the PMDG plane arrives.

Yes then whats new ? The forum sometimes sounds like a phonograph with the needle stuck in a groove ?  It has always been the same for the last twenty-odd years that I've known Avsim.  Not really specific to MFS.  You are pretty naive if you think that the 6 will change anything. The new "ignore user" tool is  wonderful because it allows to focus the reading on the good and interesting people on this forum who are quite a few.. Threads like this one become more interesting when you flushes out the chaff .

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

29 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

Meanwhile, some real world aviation work:

https://www.facebook.com/JobyAviation/videos/607813266851606/?t=11

'EVTOL craft utilise zero fuel'

Oh, so those batteries charge by magic do they? Good to know. 🤣

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

29 minutes ago, Janov said:

To some its magic

Well, you kind of missed the point there in understanding the reference to magic. You see the trick behind magic, is that it's really misdirection, in order to convince you of something the left hand is doing whilst you are busy looking at the right hand, as in being among those who...

34 minutes ago, Janov said:

call it renewable energy

However, there are some of us who call it what it actually is, in being are aware of the considerable environmental damage caused by it, which gets glossed over in the marketing to conceal the fact that it isn't quite as renewable as some people would have you believe but is still pursued because it is more about the potential to shift geopolitical power.

Unless you imagine countries which a couple of years ago which were trying to buy up the carbon emission quotas of others because of their power structure being based on fossil fuels, have now suddenly turned into full-on tree-huggers, willing to just let all that power go and let us have cheaper free energy. 🤣

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

25 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

You are pretty naive if you think that the 6 will change anything.

Of course it will. You've not been paying attention to how this place works in those 20+ years, if you believe it won't, If not necessarily because of the plane itself, then because of the legitimacy accrued to the sim by the introduction of PMDG and others, due to the long term association of that (and other) brands with the type of simulation favored by many here.

Many arguments as to the usability of the SDK will likely be settled in quite a few minds at that point, and other arguments regarding various technical merits and deficiencies vis-a-vis the legacy sims will either be reinforced, or repudiated.

I anticipate it to be a strong tipping point, depending on how the aircraft is received, perhaps especially in regards to the question raised by this thread.

As far as ignore, I only use it when somebody is very persistently rude/belligerent. Otherwise its easy for me to simply not read posts from those who might seem to be a problem at any given time, but who may eventually mellow and become less of one in the future.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

MSFS or any other flight simulator doesn't have a "flight model" which airplanes use. MSFS has aerodynamics processing system and each airplane has its own unique independent flight model made by 3PD. Add-on developers make simplified or advanced and accurate flight model and not MSFS.

For the MSFS all airplane "flight model" inside these three files:

1. engines.cfg

2. flight_model.cfg

3. ai.cfg (autopilot dynamics, PID rules)

MSFS advanced aerodynamics processing system will calculate all your data and you will have airplane with the "realistic" flight dynamics. 😀

Edited by OSM

2 hours ago, Chock said:

'EVTOL craft utilise zero fuel'

Oh, so those batteries charge by magic do they? Good to know. 🤣

This is not me promoting EVTOL lol.

Just another perspective to this ridiculous thread and for the aviation "experts" in this forum that inflate topics just to justify the sim they chose. This ia how real pro sims are used, nothing related to us, home users and probably way beyond of our expertise.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

This is not me promoting EVTOL lol.

Just another perspective to this ridiculous thread and for the aviation "experts" in this forum that inflate topics just to justify the sim they chose. This ia how real pro sims are used, nothing related to us, home users and probably way beyond of our expertise.

Well, we kind of know threads like this are going to go south pretty much from the get go. It's never a matter of if they will, more a case of will they make it past two or three pages. 🤣

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

15 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Difficult to replicate the working of the inner ear and all that.

That goes for all kinds of simulators where you simulate sitting in a moving object while you are really just sitting unmoving at a desk.

Take racing sims, or the truck sims. I think we all know how it feels to drive a car, and that finding the breaking points or right speed, even with a force feed back steering wheel is still not the same as sitting in a real one.

The same principle has to apply to flying. even more so, since aircraft are subject to forces in all directions.

47 minutes ago, Chock said:

It's never a matter of if they will, more a case of will they make it past two or three pages.

True - but for the record we are on page 6 and so far things have been fairly civil 👍

• Like 1