Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

MSFS has the most advanced flight model?

6 hours ago, keithb77 said:

maybe there will in future be better MSFS aircraft, the 152 being the best I've tried so far.

Are you using this mod for C152 perhaps ?

https://flightsim.to/file/2246/msfs-c152-community

If not - the C152 will even be better with this mod.

Regards

Edited by SAPilot
added text
  • Like 3

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

3 minutes ago, MarkSC said:

I recently purchased the JF Turbo Arrow. Try it out. I think you will agree it is superior to even A2A, RealAir, etc. and shows how good MSFS can be with the right planes. In my maiden flight, I was buffeted by cross winds, and the plane's response just felt so believable.  I had a big grin as I struggled to land and thought, "MSFS has finally arrived." 

That’s interesting.  So if the JF Turbo Arrow is as good as some A2A planes, then the flight model in MSFS + tweaks to flight model by 3rd party devs, can produce GA planes with as realistic a flight model as possible for a home market flight simulator (it’s at least matching X-Plane then).

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

26 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

MSFS does simulate the downdraft and updraft on ridges though.

Not to my satisfaction it doesn't. 😉

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

I've flown the Piper Tomahawk

I feel your pain - I'm currently teaching a student in one 🤣

David Porrett

7 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I heard that they like to snap roll.  😉

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

47 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

I heard that they like to snap roll.  😉

Cheers

bs

Let's just say that they are interesting when they stall 😆

David Porrett

The Beech G36 is pretty sweet also.  Perfect RNAV approach into RNAV 7 at KSBA.  No Mods.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

3 hours ago, Chock said:

Not to my satisfaction it doesn't. 😉

And when it meets your satisfaction....

Ten other people will instantly write that its awful, overdone, or feels unrealistic.

Four of them will be "real pilots"

The show must go on.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 hours ago, DavidP said:

That is one aircraft in real life that I stayed far away from. A CFII friend of mine said that every time he did a stall in one, it did something different. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

And when it meets your satisfaction....

Ten other people will instantly write that its awful, overdone, or feels unrealistic.

Four of them will be "real pilots"

The show must go on.

Well, personally I'm looking forward to seeing some 'real pilots' have a duel to the death against some 'real meteorologists' when this happens. Alternatively, I would like to see some 'pretend pilots' review a real aeroplane, where they complain about the controls not being as good as the ones on their Thrustsexer 9000 joystick, and how ATC shouted at them when they tried to start their flight on the runway. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10 hours ago, Janov said:

I feel your pain! We also have a bunch of MSFS fans coming over to the X-Plane forums, trying to stir things up. Why can´t they use MSFS and be content with that?

Maybe because many people use and enjoy both sims. And I have to say that the visceral and literal hatred for MSFS, ever since it was launched, I have seen on the X-Plane forums is way beyond any anti XP sentiment to be found here. To the extent that the most fervent XP fans won't even try MSFS for £1. Just saying..

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, styckx said:

WHERE DID THESE GUYS COME FROM?

We've been here all along, mate.  🙂

Just going by memory, I think only one of our founders has anything less than 15+ years of experience with flight simming or aviation in general, and three of us have been developers for the same sort of lengths of time or more.  It's just that our professional experience, except for one or two of us, hasn't really lain very much along the axes that  traditionally required heavy focus for hardcore development in the legacy sims.

(Personally, for example, I come from a background of 20ish years of Unix back-end development, hi-performance computing, and streaming data systems.  There's a bit of a learning ramp to convert those skills to Windows game development and building avionics in C++ 😁)

But the decisions made by Asobo and MS regarding the sort of ecosystem they were going to build have reduced the barriers to entry for a lot of folks.  And Working Title just managed to get the right group of knowledge, skills, and passion together at the right time to come in like gangbusters.  😄

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

And I have to say the visceral and literal hatred for MSFS, ever since it was launched, that I have seen on the X-Plane forums is way beyond any anti XP sentiment to be found here.

You don't even need to go into the XP forums for that.   You could just hop over to the P3D forum on some days to find people who can't make it clear enough just how much they despise MSFS and everything and everyone involved with it. 😄

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

You don't even need to go into the XP forums for that.   You could just hop over to the P3D forum on some days to find people who can't make it clear enough just how much they despise MSFS and everything and everyone involved with it. 😄

Pathetic!

bs

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pmb said:

I am not a RW pilot, thus I'll contain myself with judgement here. However, I was given stick/yoke and rudder in a real R400 and C172RG for half an hour each, and the biggest difference to all simulators I've flown in (including all the ones mentioned here) were the forces acting from the control surfaces back to the controls.

There are various explanations why there is no high end FFB controllers on the market, none very satisfactory. I agree that it is the missing piece of the puzzle in today flight simulators.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam