Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

The PMDG DC-6 Is out!

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

The Flight Engineer is a South African. No doubt about that accent.

Daar lui die klokkie nou .. die stem in wat ek gehoor in die video .. oorspronklik van Aeroworx ? .. kan nie die naam onthou.

If you bought it .. enjoy !!. I will think about it after the rush.

• Like 3

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

3 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

That's not nice. You don't know me. I'm just saying that there is a lot to do while flying this plane. 

I was not referring to what you said, I was referring to what you commented on what someone else said. You are correct, flying this aircraft is no piece of cake and much more complicated that the push button type 737 that I have thousands of hours in. Going to take me awhile to feel comfortable flying this aircraft. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

First flight KSAN KSFO completed. Steep learning curve in progress! LOL

unknown.png?width=2102&height=1182

• Like 4

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

Go grab it!  https://pmdg.com/

55 bucks.....dang you PMDG...you just slipped into my "it's okay to buy, my wife won't put a pillow over my head at night" price point lol.

• Like 7

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Seems like the same issue that plagued MSFS in autumn: AFAIK the issue was that the sim only could handle 1 set of data for a specific aircraft type, so if an AI aicraft of the same model you were flying entered the skies, the sim tried to use the same data for all both (or more) aircraft. Off course that really did 🤐 your flight.

@orchestra_nl The other thread is closed. Did they manage to fix it back then or is it still an ongoing issue but new addons like the DC6 can cause it to creep up?

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

27 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

First flight KSAN KSFO completed. Steep learning curve in progress! LOL

Not my bag, but I can certainly admire the work that’s gone into this. And at a very reasonable price. 

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

2 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

I had 4 CTD with the DC-6 already. Something is not right

me to,i have it deinstall now,no good start........

Ralf Scholten EDDL

Just now, banjoman1960 said:

me to,i have it deinstall now,no good start........

Multiplayer is the issue. Turn it off. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

52 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

It's interesting to me to see so many people new to this plane.    It's long been available not just for XPlane but also for P3D...  are you folks who are new to it jumping on it just because it's the first PMDG plane for the new sim and you want something of theirs to mess with even if it's not what your usual fare would be?

I'd also be interested in the opinions of folks who try it who have experience with the P3D version as well.   I bought the P3D edition almost as soon as it was available and I love the thing.  I'm just wondering how they compare, with the exclusion of the obvious fact that the MSFS version is going to look much better.  Thoughts on that?

(Edit:  Reading back over this, I'm afraid it may have sounded a bit too "their first album was better / I knew them before they were famous"...  I don't mean it that way at all.  I'm sure I'm going to get this one, myself, and I'm just truly curious about the level of interest in it from folks who apparently haven't used the P3D or XPlane versions.)

I am new to MSFS from launch (I done a bit in the 90's, cannot mind which version it was) At first i was taken by the look of MSFS, and how great the visuals are compared to anything before it. I slowly started learning IFR With the default A320, quickly switching to the A320nx as soon as it came on the scene. I then also started flying some GA (Mooney etc) A The sim has certainly got me hooked, i fly daily trying to learn and improve as i go. I also started using the WT mods for various aircraft, again learning more each time.

I see the DC-6 as a classic, and a real challange,  i am now really looking forward to learn how to fly it properly, I am also simply stunned at the level and detail PMDG have delivered here for this price.

I think there are quite a few like me new to the scene, but the big change that i think is coming is MSFS is going to rocket in popularity, People have more time due to the likes of Covid, why not enjoy life flying through beautiful scenary. I believe a lot of new comers are very interested in learning, and should be encouraged, as they will be the future.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

Multiplayer is the issue. Turn it off. 

no,

i fly only multiplayer,if that not work,it is useless for me........

never had this before......

Ralf Scholten EDDL

Just now, banjoman1960 said:

no,

i fly only multiplayer,if that not work,it is useless for me........

never had this before......

Don't shoot the messenger. This is what PMDG told us to do until they fix it.

• Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

verification problem

Had the same problem  solution: dont reload the screen asking for the verification, just get it from ema,l and while the screen is still up enter       thats it

8 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

messenger

messenger?

i do not use messenger,i think........

Edited by banjoman1960

Ralf Scholten EDDL

3 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

@orchestra_nl The other thread is closed. Did they manage to fix it back then or is it still an ongoing issue but new addons like the DC6 can cause it to creep up?

I don't know whether they fixed it completely.
They might have just worked around the issue instead of correcting the code. If that is the case, and PMDG is using parameters differently than Asobo has considered in their workaround, it might cause the issue to crop up again.

instead of disabling AI traffic altogether, perhaps switching the "generic plane models" to ON in the traffic settings might also eliminate the CTD's.

I made a short flight of an hour and had no CTD but am only using Offline AI. Since it is likely that there are no other DC-6's around in the baked-in flightplans that seems logical.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

5 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

I don't know whether they fixed it completely.
They might have just worked around the issue instead of correcting the code. If that is the case, and PMDG is using parameters differently than Asobo has considered in their workaround, it might cause the issue to crop up again.

instead of disabling AI traffic altogether, perhaps switching the "generic plane models" to ON in the traffic settings might also eliminate the CTD's.

I made a short flight of an hour and had no CTD but am only using Offline AI. Since it is likely that there are no other DC-6's around in the baked-in flightplans that seems logical.

I think I remember having this exact issue with  the carenado C182 when it was first released but strangely haven't had any issues with any other mods in recent times. Hopefully it's a quick fix whatever the problem is. 

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29