Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Anyone tried MSFS 2020 with Windows 11 ?

I also have not noticed any decrease in performance, and my set up is nowhere near top end. On the plus side, no CTD's at all.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

So far no issues except for some stuttering when panning around in the cockpit or external cam...but then I guess it was the addon airport I'm using that was causing it.

Edited by emsss78

I am currently using Windows 11 with Flight Sim honestly I didn't see any difference. The O/S seems a bit slower and less snappy than win 10 though. 

i9.990 64GB RAM 8TB NVME RTX 2080 Win 11 pro (laptop)

Is there anyone with a GTX 1070 or similar running Win11?  I noticed the MS Win11 tester doesn't check the GPU.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

56 minutes ago, sightseer said:

Is there anyone with a GTX 1070 or similar running Win11?  I noticed the MS Win11 tester doesn't check the GPU.

I'm using a RTX 2060.

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I'm using a RTX 2060.

Thanks for that.  But I really want to hear from anyone with a 1060, 1070 or 1080.

I'm sure it would work fine but I really don't know.  For now it seems best to not upgrade.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

7 minutes ago, sightseer said:

Thanks for that.  But I really want to hear from anyone with a 1060, 1070 or 1080.

I'm sure it would work fine but I really don't know.  For now it seems best to not upgrade.

1080 and Windows 11 since early beta here. 

What do you want to know? 

I had one CTD last month but it was related to a FBW experimental build - to be expected. Switched to dev and all was good. 

Thanks.  I only want to know if it works.  When I upgraded to Win 10, I lost my printer for a minute or two because Windows claimed there was no driver for it but come to find out the old driver works just fine.  Im just wondering if Win 11 would try and claim that my GPU was too old or something.  But since you say you have a 1080, it must be working without major incident so... thanks.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 8:09 AM, Phantoms said:

Looks like it was made for a tablet more than a desktop much like the Windows 8 fiasco. I think I'll be happy staying with 10.

AGREED!!!

Chris Camp

Windows 11 for about a week now.  I honestly don't see any difference in MSFS.

Joe Alferio

• i9-9900K + 2080 Ti | 1TB PCIe + 32GB RAM.  Dell 24 inch monitor.  Thrust master T16000 stick, throttles, and pedals.
    FSX and MSFS.

Used Windows 11 for a week or so when it released, felt exactly the same. Same performance, same smoothness. Still went back to Windows 10, Windows 11 just had some really, really annoying design issues.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just got offer of free update my win10 to win 11. Installed less than 5 minutes (probably core file were preloaded with automatic updates). No problems so far. FPS seems increased a little bit!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I initially did an in-place upgrade, spent a few days experimenting, but was unable to eliminate the extra stutters in MSFS (In 2d and VR)

I've now done a clean install and it's just as smooth as win 10 for 2d and VR (but I still need to do the render scale trick prior to flying, to achieve full fps in VR if wanting to use motion repro) 

Has all the HAGS / Game Mode quirks that Win 10 has in VR

Edited by dogmanbird

My W11 upgrade finally happened last night. It all went smoothly.  I also got the latest W11 Nvidia graphics drivers off their site and installed them. 

I then rebooted, and fired up MSFS to test it.

I flew from Zell Am See to Salzburg and back with a few detours in the mountains.  All nice and smooth and no performance hit I could see. 

It was a great flight in Rob Youngs new V4 Turbo G36 - I loved it through the mountains with scattered clouds; sun just forming an angle late afternoon.

The only slight stutter I had was just for a split second when Salzburg (Orbx) came into view. 
I used to get massive stuttering issues around Salzburg before SU5 (the old 'manipulators' issue), but now its as smooth as silk.

I did notice the airports are a bit harder to spot in the day now, as the lights look better (not massive glowing orbs any more in 4k), so all good.

W11 looks slick, and no issues yet.  There is the usual issue of the odd thing (settings etc.) being in a different place, but I googled to find them, and no major issues. 
The task bar is alright, but I set it back to left side anyway in a second.  I would say for the majority of users it shouldn't be a major issue to upgrade, but you will always get the odd specific thing that causes an issue for some people, because... Computers!.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I haven't had one CTD since using Win11.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 8 GB, 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz, 1 TB NVMe SSD, 1 TB HDD, Sharp 43" 4KTV