Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

P3Dv5.2 Hotfix 1 Now Available

Does anyone has problems with ViewGroups and SinglePass rendering? Most of the time (7 of 10) P3D V5.2 HF 1 crashes to the desktop when I load an other airport. With SinglePass Rendering OFF everything is stable.

GTX 1080TI 11 GB, 16GB Ram.

Rüediger

3 hours ago, spilok said:

Ray,

I always thought that Client should be removed first, then Content, and finally Scenery.  Does it make a difference?

Stan

In 5.2 I've started just uninstalling the entire p3d, then reinstalling the entire p3d.  Of course I delete the prepar3d.cfg file and also any leftover shader folders.  I'm not sure in the past why I would do the update with 3 separate client/content/scenery's.  The way I list above is quicker now and wish I had done it sooner.  I also have all my scenery/orbx add on XML.  So updating (or rolling back) is very rapid now. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

In my opinion, completely uninstalling (and deleting generated files) and then reinstalling P3D is the safest way to execute a version update, even though it takes most time. The official method of uninstalling the client (plus other components) is well intended, but it only works well if add-ons and special files are installed outside of the P3D folder, so that they don't touch any P3D original files. But with different kinds of files that are injected and replaced by some add-ons, such as shaders and certain dll files (sometimes the user doesn't even know about their existence), these files will remain after updating P3D by component, potentially becoming incompatible and resulting in some conflict. Add-on developers who are mindful of this don't change anything in the P3D root folder. I would always think in the back of my head that some problems with P3D that shouldn't show up may be due to these files.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

In 5.2 I've started just uninstalling the entire p3d, then reinstalling the entire p3d.  Of course I delete the prepar3d.cfg file and also any leftover shader folders.  I'm not sure in the past why I would do the update with 3 separate client/content/scenery's.  The way I list above is quicker now and wish I had done it sooner.  I also have all my scenery/orbx add on XML.  So updating (or rolling back) is very rapid now. 

I honestly think you’re making work for yourself. LM advise Contents and Scenery are optional and with their propensity for covering their backsides there seems no point in removing and reinstalling files that haven’t changed.

All I did for the 5.2HF1 was uninstall the Client, rename the volumetricclouds.cfg to a cf# extension, install the client hotfix and that was it. 10 mins max.

I didn’t even delete the contents of the shaders folder but when I checked no files were older than an hour so some part of the process deleted them.

No glitches, no hiccups. Just a wonderfully smooth sim. 

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So Ray, nothing that comes with content and scenery updates is on your wishlist?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Release notes for 5.2 say:

-------

• Fixed several scenery and water issues in the northern arctic region, Senegal, Guatemala, Kauai, and Alaska.

-------

Anyone knows what the fixes for Alaska are?

Karl

14 minutes ago, kaha said:

So Ray, nothing that comes with content and scenery updates is on your wishlist?

Karl

No. The fixes you list aren’t relevant to the areas I fly.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I must admit I am still quite confused about all this.  I currently have P3D5.1HF2 installed.  What then is the recommended procedure for upgrading to P3D5.2 HF1 so that I retain my my third party addons?  Thank you.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No. The fixes you list aren’t relevant to the areas I fly.

Sorry, Ray.  For some inexplicable reason, I BELIEVE that Content and Scenery MUST have been improved in some way, and I do not wish to be left out of the possibility that P3d is in some way even better than the last version.  My thinking is that if ONLY the Client were to be uninstalled and installed, then P3d would not include the Content and Scenery modules.  I may be wrong, but I don't want to miss out on a possible improvement to the scenery or the content.

Stan

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, brucewtb said:

I must admit I am still quite confused about all this.  I currently have P3D5.1HF2 installed.  What then is the recommended procedure for upgrading to P3D5.2 HF1 so that I retain my my third party addons?  Thank you.

Bruce

It’s actually quite simple if all your addons are outside the P3d  folder like I have.

Just uninstall P3d via the installer.

then install the new installer.

done!!!’

reactivate your addons.

simple as that.

mike

• Upvote 1

Is it just me or are the loading times in HF1 faster as before?

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

It’s actually quite simple if all your addons are outside the P3d  folder like I have.

Just uninstall P3d via the installer.

then install the new installer.

done!!!’

reactivate your addons.

simple as that.

mike

Thank you but just to clarify in the control panel I find  P3Dv5, P3D5 Client, P3D5 Content and P3D5 Scenery. Do I uninstall just P3D5, or is it P3D5 plus Client Content and Scenery, or is it just Client Content and Scenery.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

33 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Thank you but just to clarify in the control panel I find  P3Dv5, P3D5 Client, P3D5 Content and P3D5 Scenery. Do I uninstall just P3D5, or is it P3D5 plus Client Content and Scenery, or is it just Client Content and Scenery.

Bruce

Hi Bruce

For what it is worth I have always just uninstalled the client then installed the new client.  Up until this update I never had a problem.

However this time I had V5.1 HF1 running fine.  I uninstalled the client and reinstalled the client for 5.2 HF1 and it all went pear shaped.  

Thanks to help from Ray and others on this forum, I followed the advice given by these knowledgeable folk, uninstalled all 3 (client content and scenery), then installed P3D V5.2 HF1 from the full download, it worked.  Now I have everything working fine.

Note, When I started the V5.2 HF1 install process,  the installer reported a version of P3D V5 was installed, do I want to uninstall?

I accepted to uninstall, then the install went fine.  I assume this was because I did not uninstall the straight P3DV5.   

Some folk say this was due to me trying to go directly from V5.1 HF1 to V5.2 HF1 (skipping V5.2).   If this was the case I feel LM should make this clear in the instructions.

Also remember not to deactivate when you uninstall the client

best wishes

Bob

54 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Bruce

There are four possible ways your addons have installed.

1) Externally via xml method (e.g. ORBX in a library

2) internally to the P3D file structure (e.g. ORBX insim or Carenado aircraft)

3) addons that overwrite P3D assets (e.g. Envtex that overwrites textures that come with P3D)

4) manual installation and changes to config files, an example is installing Tongass Fjords, there you have to change the terrain.cfg file. 

Depending on the method the addons have been installed an update has different influence. Method 1 is the savest. Addons installed by method 2 are save concerning it's data, but it's integrity can be violated and must then be recreated (e.g. scenery.cfg). Method 3 and 4 will leave you with your addons and their integrity overwritten and changed if you update content and/or scenery.

Installing the Client only is save by all means.

That's my understanding of the process, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Karl

4 hours ago, spilok said:

Sorry, Ray.  For some inexplicable reason, I BELIEVE that Content and Scenery MUST have been improved in some way, and I do not wish to be left out of the possibility that P3d is in some way even better than the last version.  My thinking is that if ONLY the Client were to be uninstalled and installed, then P3d would not include the Content and Scenery modules.  I may be wrong, but I don't want to miss out on a possible improvement to the scenery or the content.

Stan

Stan, that’s absolutely fine. Each user is free to update their sim as they see fit. If LM had said that Content and Scenery would benefit from an update I would have done the same as you. But their advice was they were optional so I went to the quick option.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather