Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

Fenix A320 MCDU/FMGS Feature Review

https://fenixsim.com/2021/07/16/feature-review-mcdu-fmgs/

Suffice to say, however, every single autoflight mode is modelled, and complete. You can fly the absolute most complex RNAV/RNP procedures, or if the mood strikes, use the MCDU and FMGS to aid you in flying non-precision (or even visual) approaches. We’ve built this specifically so you can go out and do everything the real A320 does, without worrying about whether or not a specific function is modelled. It’s covered.

This is hefty enough that i figured it could use its own thread

• Like 15

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

This is crazy! I  just cannot believe they’ve done this in 2 years. It’s truly unbelievable! 

• Like 5

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

2 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

link is dead

Yup... confirmed

EDIT: Just tried again...now its up

Edited by Gate99

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Day. One. Buy.

• Like 5

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I'm having a really hard time remaining sceptical... if that is true, it's a whole new level.

I just don't understand how PMDG, working together with Asobo from the very beginning,  needing to just "port" their 737 from P3D, take almost as much time as those guys, coming out of nowhere and seemingly delivering on a level that is even above PMDG. I just don't get it how that is possible.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm having a really hard time remaining sceptical... if that is true, it's a whole new level.

I just don't understand how PMDG, working together with Asobo from the very beginning,  needing to just "port" their 737 from P3D, take almost as much time as those guys, coming out of nowhere and seemingly delivering on a level that is even above PMDG. I just don't get it how that is possible.

I think it has to do with the fact that PMDG a relying on the MSFS SDK to get the job done. Fenix on the other hand, is making use of an external program to run the aircraft.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

40 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I think it has to do with the fact that PMDG a relying on the MSFS SDK to get the job done. Fenix on the other hand, is making use of an external program to run the aircraft.

Also they started fresh with MSFS without putting their heads into P3D world which I think make it easier. While PMDG is getting it's head out from P3D world into MSFS which I think it takes extra effort since you were used to certain things for a long time in contrast when you starting fresh with something new.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Come to think of it this is going to be an expensive aircraft (should be) and not for the faint of heart. No way this thing is less than a couple hundred bucks, unless they sell a lite version. They have real pilots testing this and say its word not allowed good in early Alpha.

Edited by jbdbow1970

From what they’ve said previously I don’t expect this to be that expensive, certainly not a couple hundred dollars.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I've been simming since FS2004 , I remember the days of Phoenix Airbus A320 (PSS) and let me tell you something.

You can tell A LOT about the quality of an Airbus product just by seeing how the route is drawn on the ND - this looks QUALITY!

NZQN-ANPOV3A-ND-1024x710.png

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

I've been simming since FS2004 , I remember the days of Phoenix Airbus A320 (PSS) and let me tell you something.

You can tell A LOT about the quality of an Airbus product just by seeing how the route is drawn on the ND - this looks QUALITY!

NZQN-ANPOV3A-ND-1024x710.png

RNP with radius-fix leg types! This addons is for geeks like me

• Like 4

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

21 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

This addons is for geeks like me

and me! 🙂 

Shut up and take my money already!

• Like 2

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

My God this is incredible...

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

FLS mode looks really cool - never seen this before!

The FLS guidance mode is a non-precision approach aid which computes a virtual glideslope and localiser, thereby constructing a “pseudo-beam” by combining Flight Path Angle, approach course, and a selected “anchor point”. From the images provided, you may notice some rather distinctive symbology, unique to this new autoflight mode. The FLS mimics the ILS concept, however, this guidance mode relies only on the onboard navigation sensors, and does not require any additional ground aids. Being able to generate a virtual glideslope and localiser is definitely a fascinating twist on shooting a classic visual approach.

FLS-1024x575.png