Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

Fenix A320 MCDU/FMGS Feature Review

I paid $140 for the FSLabs A320. If their forum post 2 years ago is anything to go by, we may be looking at 50% of that price for better fidelity on a better simulator.

Are we all dreaming?

• Like 7

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm having a really hard time remaining sceptical... if that is true, it's a whole new level.

I just don't understand how PMDG, working together with Asobo from the very beginning,  needing to just "port" their 737 from P3D, take almost as much time as those guys, coming out of nowhere and seemingly delivering on a level that is even above PMDG. I just don't get it how that is possible.

Pmdg never planned on “porting” the 737 over the msfs though. Where did you read that from?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

If all they claim is true, WOW. Can't wait to see it.

• Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

5 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

I've been simming since FS2004 , I remember the days of Phoenix Airbus A320 (PSS) and let me tell you something.

You can tell A LOT about the quality of an Airbus product just by seeing how the route is drawn on the ND - this looks QUALITY!

NZQN-ANPOV3A-ND-1024x710.png

Funny you brought this up....doesn't Fenix, the name itself and Phoenix Simulation Software (PSS) has some similarities?  And the logo, is like a Phoenix....could Fenix is started by the same or some individuals back in the old days??

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

As good as FBW is, I don't think they will be able to match this level of system depth from Fenix payware product(s).

Well I wouldn't say that just yet, but in any case, we know one is a payware product with full time developers, while the others do it in their spare time for free, so I wouldn't even dare to compare the two things, and I wish people would stop. 

I think it is a bit disrespectful to compare freeware to payware and say the freeware may not quite reach the same standard.  If people really do expect this, then their expectation levels are out of whack.

All I will say is that the FBW Airbus is one of the best, if not THE best free add-ons developed for a flight simulator ever, and acknowledged even by MS / Asobo.  I would expect that any payware product would have to be better in some aspects or it wouldn't be worth buying would it?

Just to say I am fully behind both products.  I am thankful to Fenix for trying to deliver this kind of product to us, and thankful to FBW for all of their free time spent on the Airbus.  It's a great time to be a flight simmer for sure!

• Like 21
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

24 minutes ago, avistudent said:

Funny you brought this up....doesn't Fenix, the name itself and Phoenix Simulation Software (PSS) has some similarities?  And the logo, is like a Phoenix....could Fenix is started by the same or some individuals back in the old days??

No, while it might be natural to think this, this line of thinking is 2 plus 2 equals 5.

The owner (Aamir) has stated it is a completely new and separate company with no connection whatsoever.  (Although I believe one of the developers also helped on the Flight Sim Labs Airbus, which is a good thing).

By the way, although they spell it Fenix, to try to avoid any confusion.  It is supposed to be a phoenix, therefore the logo looks like one. :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999
Speeling Mistaks!

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 hours ago, regis9 said:

From what they’ve said previously I don’t expect this to be that expensive, certainly not a couple hundred dollars.

They will get a massive volume of buyers and user base, and net more money and goodwill in the process. No more teasers necessary. I've see all I need to see already. Just shut up, and take the freakin money. Now!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Well I wouldn't say that just yet, but in any case, we know one is a payware product with full time developers, while the others do it in their spare time for free, so I wouldn't even dare to compare the two things, and I wish people would stop. 

I think it is a bit disrespectful to compare freeware to payware and say the freeware may not quite reach the same standard.  If people really do expect this, then their expectation levels are out of whack.

All I will say is that the FBW Airbus is one of the best, if not THE best free add-ons developed for a flight simulator ever, and acknowledged even by MS / Asobo.  I would expect that any payware product would have to be better in some aspects or it wouldn't be worth buying would it?

Just to say I am fully behind both products.  I am thankful to Fenix for trying to deliver this kind of product to us, and thankful to FBW for all of their free time spent on the Airbus.  It's a great time to be a flight simmer for sure!

Second this!. And remember, not everyone is going to get their money's worth from a product too technical for their own level of understanding. The FBW and even the default A320 gives just about every simmer who wants to fly this aircraft, an option from beginner, to intermediate and now with Fenix, advanced. What more could we ask for. Thanks Fenix for bringing this high fidelity model into our clasp. A special thank you to FBW for the effort they have put in to produce their remarkable version with no expectation of reward. We are all now very spoilt for choice!!  

Edited by Lord Farringdon
  • Like 3

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

All I will say is that the FBW Airbus is one of the best," if not THE best free add-ons developed for a flight simulator ever".

To quote ever heard of Zibo 738 for X-Plane?  I love FBW but "its very lacking" at the moment and what I mean by that is FBW can't do the "basics" that lackluster FSX freeware were able to do  not their fault its more on Asobo.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Upvote 2

Is every Fenix thread going to be derailed with comments like ‘Can’t see FBW doing this’… Jeez man leave it alone.. it’s a freeware mod, a brilliant one at that but why compare which ultimately ruins an interesting topic.

• Like 8

I am still absolutely dumbfounded and often speechless looking over the couple posts they've made so far. It really seems too good to be true. This is either going to be the most elaborate scam in flight sim history or it will categorically be the best plane released on any platform.

Other devs have got to be going through several pairs of pants every time info is released about this plane. If it is what they're advertising and it is released at <= $70 USD, the market will never be the same again.

• Like 2

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

I am still absolutely dumbfounded and often speechless looking over the couple posts they've made so far. It really seems too good to be true. This is either going to be the most elaborate scam in flight sim history or it will categorically be the best plane released on any platform.

Other devs have got to be going through several pairs of pants every time info is released about this plane. If it is what they're advertising and it is released at <= $70 USD, the market will never be the same again.

I don’t think they would have the likes of Blackbox and KatiePilot RL a320 pilots onboard and genuinely excited about this if it was a scam so I think it’s time to start getting excited. 

I think weve already seen that shift in the market start look at PMDG. With such a bigger market available to them I guess that’s why they can now.

• Like 3

These guys are definitely making a serious first impression. I can’t wait to see what these guys accomplish in the long term.