Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

DC-6+IFR+BIKF

One of those moment of total satisfaction while approaching minimums 🙂 

unknown.png?width=2211&height=1244

• Like 14

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I'm on the fence for this one... It's such a beautiful aircraft, but I fear I will not like how it feels in MFS , plus the heaviness on the fps ?

What do you think ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

19 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I'm on the fence for this one... It's such a beautiful aircraft, but I fear I will not like how it feels in MFS , plus the heaviness on the fps ?

What do you think ?

Go ahead! It gives good framerates and it is a superb aircraft! I hardly used it in P3D but in MSFS is one of my favourites. 

• Like 2

Edmundo Azevedo

54 minutes ago, jcomm said:

What do you think ?

I felt the same way having been so disappointed with the AS CRJ. When I say that, what I am referring to is the CRJ did not feel as I expected it would have if the model was in P3D. It felt toy like. It has improved.

However after the positive comments about the PMDG DC6 I decided to give it a go. What an amazing aircraft to fly in MSFS. I can’t stop flying it. It is a delight to hand fly IMC approaches in this. In fact it is just a delight to fly full stop.

I have been using both MSFS and P3D with the emphasis on P3D. I have enjoyed using the DC6 so much in MSFS that I have now taken P3D off my PC. This aircraft has given me confidence that larger 3rd party aircraft can be a pleasure to fly in MSFS. Can’t wait for the NG3 and Fenix A320.

In terms of FPS, yes it is the heaviest of the aircraft I use. About 7 FPS on average below the AS CRJ. It doesn’t drop below 30 in most situations I use it in.

If you are on the fence I would definitely give it a go. I would be surprised if you are disappointed.

• Like 3

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

Good framerates and no stutters on my side. Incredible immersion. My number one airliner in msfs 2020. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

What do you think ?

Not heavy on FPS at all, and it is the best aircraft I have ever flown in over 35 years of flight simming. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 ,  FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Best aircraft in MSFS at the moment, simply stunning. Bonus is you can make it as difficult or easy to fly as you wish.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

8 hours ago, ega said:

Go ahead! It gives good framerates and it is a superb aircraft! I hardly used it in P3D but in MSFS is one of my favourites. 

Same.

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

Sorry to push an open door but frame rate really depends of your hardware and settings. On mine (see sig) with LW and live traffic, with reasonable graphic settings, I reach between 23 and 27 (30 in optimal conditions) . 23 is ever so slightly stuttery, specially when there are many other aircraft around. The 6 is a demanding aircraft but I have a good experience most of the time, as MFS is well optimized for my weak hardware.

A recommended buy. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Strong buy recommendation. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

10 hours ago, jcomm said:

What do you think ?

I had the X-Plane version and didn't like the way it flew. I bought it on a whim for MSFS and it has become one of my favorite birds! It feels SO much better in MSFS. In fact, everything feels better in MSFS for me. The atmosphere actually feels alive and active. 

• Like 2

Former Child, Current Adult

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

with LW and live traffic

I have a similar system and I can safely say Live traffic is a fps killer don't matter which aircraft I'm flying, with no LT frames hover above 37fps anywhere I fly.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I never gave this bird a second look in P3D and stuck to modern airliners. Couldn’t stand flying low and slow in that sim.

Now I can’t stop flying the DC-6 in MSFS. Love it. 

• Like 1

Those pilots are really, really blessed.

Would they agree?

Karl

• Like 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5