Sign in to follow this  
lupedelupe

The JF Piper Warrior II is here

Does anyone else have the problem of the GPS units being dead and black no matter what you do? I had them working on my first flight, with the GNS530 freeware mod applied. On my second try they're both dead and turning the C knob doesn't bring them back up. Took the mod off and the problem persists.

edit - throwing the emergency bus switch under its orange guard brought everything to life. Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work!

Edited by lambourne

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

I am having major rudder issues on the ground. I use the Thrustmaster Airbus stick. On landing and takeoff, the slightest twist and the plane veers wildly. I don’t recall having this issue in quite some time. I have not tinkered with the joystick sensitivity since not long after MSFS was released since it seemed that things were fairly good by default. Am I missing something? In twenty years of flying the Warrior my worst landings didn’t react like this. I have had Takeoff auto-rudder assist on for months but this doesn’t seem to be helping anymore.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

8 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I am having major rudder issues on the ground. I use the Thrustmaster Airbus stick. On landing and takeoff, the slightest twist and the plane veers wildly. I don’t recall having this issue in quite some time. I have not tinkered with the joystick sensitivity since not long after MSFS was released since it seemed that things were fairly good by default. Am I missing something? In twenty years of flying the Warrior my worst landings didn’t react like this. I have had Takeoff auto-rudder assist on for months but this doesn’t seem to be helping anymore.

Cheers, Pete

All the JF PA28 do this unless you use some nose up trim on take off. It has to be nose up trim not back stick.

For some reason without nose up trim they wheelbarrow (real Cherokee do not do this).

Just give it a notch or two of nose up trim as part of your pre-flight.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

6 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

All the JF PA28 do this unless you use some nose up trim on take off. It has to be nose up trim not back stick.

For some reason without nose up trim they wheelbarrow (real Cherokee do not do this).

Just give it a notch or two of nose up trim as part of your pre-flight.

Thanks, I will give that a shot. 

Cheers, Pete

4 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Thanks, I will give that a shot. 

Cheers, Pete

Now the plane just rotates to quickly, and taxiing is no good either (it wasn’t good before that either). Slightest movement makes the plane veer. I have tried adjusting the control settings but nothing seems to help. In looking at the MSFS forums it seems this control issue may be back for some other folks to. In the current state the plane is basically unflyable for me. I am not even sure how to reset the control settings to default. 

Cheers, Pete

All my ground maneuvering problems went away when I upgraded to a Thrustmaster TPR. I think the sim's control sensitivity was designed around having them, so anything less like TFRP pedals or twist sticks are just too inaccurate and causes problems like what PilotPete99 describes. This is a very expensive solution though and MS needs to address it somehow, especially once the x-box crowd starts getting into the sim with controllers.

Edited by quantumpion
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lambourne said:

Does anyone else have the problem of the GPS units being dead and black no matter what you do? I had them working on my first flight, with the GNS530 freeware mod applied. On my second try they're both dead and turning the C knob doesn't bring them back up. Took the mod off and the problem persists.

edit - throwing the emergency bus switch under its orange guard brought everything to life. Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work!

Yes I saw this problem too. It happens when I switch the battery off and back on.

1 hour ago, quantumpion said:

All my ground maneuvering problems went away when I upgraded to a Thrustmaster TPR. I think the sim's control sensitivity was designed around having them, so anything less like TFRP pedals or twist sticks are just too inaccurate and causes problems like what PilotPete99 describes. This is a very expensive solution though and MS needs to address it somehow, especially once the x-box crowd starts getting into the sim with controllers.

I am having the same problems as PilotPete, plane veers wildly at the slightest input.

I use the Virtual Fly Ruddo + pedals which are very expensive so not sure it's confined to the more budget conscious.

Edited by davenicoll

11 minutes ago, davenicoll said:

I am having the same problems as PilotPete, plane veers wildly at the slightest input.

I use the Virtual Fly Ruddo + pedals which are very expensive so not sure it's confined to the more budget conscious.

Thanks for your response, at least I know it’s not just me. When MSFS first came out I was having major control issues. Shortly after release, those issues went away, but unfortunately now I feel like I am back to square one. I have been using flight sims for more than 20 years and I don’t recall having such control issues with any of the other previous platforms. It is also overwhelming that when I search for a solution, there are so many different suggestions and possible fixes that I have no idea how to proceed. Hopefully this will be fixed at some point.

Cheers, Pete

I have the Thrustmaster Airbus stick. They're prone to problems with the potentiometers for the twist (Z axis) which can cause erratic spikes and inputs to the rudder axis.

If you wiggle the stick with the sensitivities window open, can you see it spiking? If so it'll be the pot that's gone bad.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

1 hour ago, Tom Wright said:

I have the Thrustmaster Airbus stick. They're prone to problems with the potentiometers for the twist (Z axis) which can cause erratic spikes and inputs to the rudder axis.

If you wiggle the stick with the sensitivities window open, can you see it spiking? If so it'll be the pot that's gone bad.

I will have to check that out. The stick is pretty new so I hope that’s not the problem. Thanks for that suggestion though, I will see if this is the culprit.

Cheers, Pete

7 hours ago, lambourne said:

Make sure your Avionics switch is on - if you start cold and dark, the switch is off by default. (right hand side of co-pilot yoke at the base)  Also, when C & D, you'll have to rotate the knobs for volume as well.  It happened to me yesterday 

EDIT:  I couldn't hear the ATC until I turned up the volume.  The words were displayed, but no sound.

Edited by SmokeDiddy
  • Upvote 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

There is am interesting discussion on the main forums of the limitations of the MSFS flight model.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/just-flights-warrior/423986/209

GrimPhoenix9349 Official Third Party Devs

In the previous sims, we were able to directly affect the nature of the stall by the way lift was removed using a table, it was that simple at a basic level.

That same method has no effect whatsoever in this new sim. I have tried, I introduced a table (which apparently these days works as a ‘modifier’ to the way the sim’s geometry-based calculations) from a fast jet with a particularly harsh stall. Guess what - no difference whatsoever.

At the moment, I have been unable to defeat the geometry-based core sim in this area. The aircraft is defined as precisely as the sim allows, I have been making attempts to sort this since prior to the original Arrow III release and feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall created by the core sim model.

I’ve already asked the question directly with regard to a different project.

Hopefully, in the future, we may find that alterations are made to the core FM in order that we are able to more directly influence the behaviour, as was the case before. I have made my views on this flight model fairly clear elsewhere - it’s a base, but not all aircraft react the same and the geometry is too ‘loose’ to give accurate behaviours. Therefore, we need to be able to make much stronger adjustments through the old tables when things are not working correctly from the geometry (which is a more common occurrence than seems to be acknowledged).

• Like 2

Had to pick this up today. Black Friday sale+discount+I got my private license on a Warrior 2... even though I already have the Arrows this has a spot. Did one loop around the circuit, so far so good. Perhaps a touch too much initial climb power ( I never recall 1000FPM) but feels pretty good. Reminds me of a Warrior. And the sounds are good. 

• Like 1

I love the look and general feel of the Warrior, but I find it jiggles about too much, which I find distracting.  You can see this better from the external view where the tailplane bounces up and down a lot. 
All three of Just Flights Pipers do this for some reason.  Is it realistic?  To me it doesn't seem so, as it moves about like a piece of paper without any inertia effect.  I would fly them more if it wasn't for this. 
I am going to try try going back to the Piaggio again today to see if it is still compatible with SU7.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.