Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Washed out scenery colors ?

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I expained what they do, carry on, sorry. 🙄

Post some screen shots from out side the aircraft looking down before and after so we can see what works please.

Before and after for each option, one at a time. So we can see what works for you to correct the colors and saturations.

Our goal is not to convince you ! We share ideas of what works or not for us.These are simple tweaks. Everybody can try and see by themselves.  This is not a contest of who is right or wrong. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Not me, no, to show everyone that it works, that would be very helpfull to everyone who wants to try the things you say work. 

I hope they do, so help other by showing them.

That's like me asking you to prove it doesn't work. You may well have the time and the bloody-mindedness to do that, I sure don't.

Its a two second fix that anybody can try. Showing them what it looks like on my monitor isn't going to advance the argument. 

I saw the suggestion, modified the file in 20secs. Liked the results. Thanked the OP in the thread. End. Sometimes we humans make life complicated so we can feel a little more miserable? XD

Edited by Aristoteles
  • Like 1

Iñigo Bildarratz

2 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Our goal is not to convince you ! We share ideas of what works or not for us.These are simple tweaks. Everybody can try and see by themselves.  This is not a contest of who is right or wrong. 

1 minute ago, 6297J said:

That's like me asking you to prove it doesn't work. You may well have the time and the bloody-mindedness to do that, I sure don't.

Its a two second fix that anybody can try. Showing them what it looks like on my monitor isn't going to advance the argument. 

Ok guy I wish you the best. Glad it works for you both.

Doninique on a personly level am shocked.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Ok guy I wish you the best. Glad it works for you both.

Doninique on a personly level am shocked.

Maybe you should leave that "personal level" outside of the internet, when you are talking to virtual persons without a face that could very well be a 85-year-old chinese grandmother working as a full-time-troll? A couple of typed computer word with an avatar can surely not offend your honor in any way. I am yet to see anyone coming out "victorious" out of an internet argument...

• Like 1

OKay, I give up, who won? I can't figure it out.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

Maybe you should leave that "personal level" outside of the internet, when you are talking to virtual persons without a face that could very well be a 85-year-old chinese grandmother working as a full-time-troll? A couple of typed computer word with an avatar can surely not offend your honor in any way. I am yet to see anyone coming out "victorious" out of an internet argument...

To be clear it was NEVER ment to be an argument I just tried to show what the options were, more the eyeadapt one, to explain what its designed to do. Sharping does not need explaining.  So I fully apologise for trying to explain these option and for questing these option work for some.

Ive know Don on here for years. I dont care if he is 8 or 88 if he has a horn growing out his head I have always like what he brings and never once though i have done anything to upset him. Anyway a PM/DM has been sent as thats the best way.

I for the last time fully apologise for trying to explain these option and it coming across as an  argument. I was trying to help, clearly you have all taken that the wrong way I apologise.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

it looks brighter , but i like it better, before the cities looked a tad too dark, now on sunny day it looks more realistic, but this

is always the personal view.

i see too many people claiming their view is the correct view, sorry, it is not , its just a view.

i already had those settings changed in the config, so maybe thats why.

just flew over london photogram on, and yay no stutters, and negligable popup.

very welldone asobo!!!    now only the traffic needs a fix and i am very happy.

Just now, Nyxx said:

To be clear it was NEVER ment to be an argument I just tried to show what the options were, more the eyeadapt one, to explain what its designed to do. Sharping does not need explaining.  So I fully apologise for trying to explain these option and for questing these option work for some.

Ive know Don on here for years. I dont care if he is 8 or 88 if he has a horn growing out his head I have always like what he brings and never once though i have done anything to upset him. Anyway a PM/DM has been sent as thats the best way.

I for the last time fully apologise for trying to explain these option and it coming across as an  argument. I was trying to help, clearly you have all taken that the wrong way I apologise.

No need to apologize, I was just trying to de-escalate 🙂 I didn't know you knew Don for so long, so that makes my argument invalid and I apologize to you in turn.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Redge said:

I tried using MSFS in HDR mode on my monitor for the first time yesterday (no idea why it took so long, but anyway), and I found that the eye adaptation appears to be designed for that, rather than regular (SDR?) screens.

Looking inside/outside of the cockpit resulted in a much quicker change, and while looking out at a very bright scene, the cockpit didn't fade to darkness like it used to... I was still able to see everything inside in a much more believable way.

It was enough to satisfy me, at least. YMMV

I have HDR10 mode greyed out ...how can I turn it on?

Thanks 

Edmundo Azevedo

Just now, ega said:

I have HDR10 mode greyed out ...how can I turn it on?

Thanks 

Right click on you desk top > display setting.

Thanks David....it seems my monitor is not HDR capable....thanks anyway... 

Edmundo Azevedo

26 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Ok, I am not a Chinese grandmother (I love China it is true but I am neither Chinese nor a grandmother), I am not 85,. Just a French male retiree of 72 who posts between making bread, trimming his lavenders  these days, swimming and... simming.

I like Avsim for its diversity of opinions and nationalities. We are a lively forum to discuss and share. We don't always agree (it would be so boring) we may poke fun at each other from time to to time.  That is it.   

And you are very right, nobody comes out victorious of an internet argument. This is something to learn with age. And the honor of nobody is at stake in this thread. 

So David, smile !  

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Anyone else using the game filters in NVidia GeForce Experience in conjunction with these settings?  I'm slowly dialing things in and am very pleased with the capability to correct some very questionable graphics defaults in the latest update.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

OOK, I just put in some more test flights, in HDR its absolutely a stunner. Will post some photos of what I actually see. YES it is now mastered for HDR and it should be as that is the way forward and we must have a proper setup for it.

• Like 1

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.