Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

PC Masters Should Dominate!

aha what is different between Couch playing Console guys vs Chair playing PC guys? 😄

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

4 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

aha what is different between Couch playing Console guys vs Chair playing PC guys? 😄

Flight simmer vs gamer. One wants to simulate flying as realisticly as possible and the other wants to play a game.

Flightsimmers will stay around for years, but gamers will be gone once the next shoot em up comes along.

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Just now, cianpars said:

Flight simmer vs gamer 

picard-facepalm.jpg

• Like 7

Ive had a few interactions with customers of us coming from xbox. Let me tell you, they are a lot more composed, chill, respectful and knowledgeable than a lot of people around here lol.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

picard-facepalm.jpg

A very good example here of a gamers response, whereas a flight simmer would be more likely to use words and sentences.

You then begin to see that there are differences.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

3 hours ago, in2tech said:

The Couch playing Console guys is the ONLY reason you have it on PC. The big wigs would have never green lit it without that market!

one sells thousands of copies, the other potentially millions, well not really, but more, possibly!

MS boasts of 2 millions PC pilots. And has said last year having sold more than 1 million PC copies. Safe to assume that the 1 million figure has increased by a sensible margin.

No indication so far on the XBox version sales. 

I was not in MS strategy meetings where was decided to fund MFS and have not seen their business plan and its rationales. Were you and have you ?

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Flight simmer vs gamer. One wants to simulate flying as realisticly as possible and the other wants to play a game.

Flightsimmers will stay around for years, but gamers will be gone once the next shoot em up comes along.

keep telling yourself that

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, cianpars said:

A very good example here of a gamers response, whereas a flight simmer would be more likely to use words and sentences.

You then begin to see that there are differences.

Wow, you are really in your own different world it seems? :D. Enjoy then being "flight simmer or whatever you call yourself" and I will enjoy my "gamer" world  🙂

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, leprechaunlive said:

keep telling yourself that

To be fair, learning to fly has a pretty steep learning curve and anyone who sees it as a game, might get fed up very quickly when they realise that they can't just jump in and fly.

I know that that's not the case for everyone, but there will be a lot.

1 minute ago, cianpars said:

To be fair, learning to fly has a pretty steep learning curve and anyone who sees it as a game, might get fed up very quickly when they realise that they can't just jump in and fly.

I know that that's not the case for everyone, but there will be a lot.

Thats makes more sense then just stereotyping gamers like you did. 

And yes, they can actually jump in and fly.

• Like 2

This whole debate doesn’t make any sense as is.

If MS wants to have an easy access product to flight simulation to increase their sales, I do not see why anybody would object to that. That they adapt their FS to the Xbox, why not ? I do not care one way or another. My simulator is not a holy relic.

The real debate is, are they true to their word when they say that the PC version that came first was designed for serious simmers in mind and still is. Is the accessibility concern driving the Xbox version not « leaking » to the PC version ? It looks a little bit like that. Everything said by Neuman so far leads to believe that SU5 is a derivative product of the Xbox version including the optimization part.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Quote from Developer...

Guys there is no visual downgrade or conspiracy to make the consoles look better.

It’s simply the case that they have made a series of very complex changes to how the engine works and to some extent we are at stage 1 with the new update, and now they will start fixing it back up. If you guys actually followed the developer timeline and watched the live Twitch Q & A’s that Jorg, Sebastian and Martial do every single month you’d know this.

They have already promised us that high end PC’s will get LOD settings beyond the existing ultra settings. They have already told us that DirectX12 will enable them to improve the clouds well beyond what they have achieved so far and that they will implement this before the year end.

They have already told us that once the Xbox release is done the focus is on improving high-end PC and in particular VR performance and that we’ll have full motion control in VR before the end of 2021.

There is no conspiracy or dumbing down, just a hugely complex simualtion and game world beyond anything ever attempted at the consumer level before and they can only tackle a few things at a time.

We are almost 1 year into a 10 year project, just have some patience.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Message converted to plain text
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Stop it with this elitest nonsense.

Yes PC should look better, but don't make it a Us vs. Them.

What elitest nonsense? Everyone knows the PC is far superior in terms of customization, modding and upgrading.

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

Guys there is no visual downgrade or conspiracy to make the consoles look better.

when you quote the official forum , please select plain text and not rich text in the Avsim post window. 

The Asobo Adulators Anonymous (AAA) keep promising us that tomorrow will be The Day just echoing what the team has said. Tomorrow is always another day, right ?

Dominique

I am actually a couch playing PC guy....what now?

Serisously what is wrong with people?

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11